USSF Posts Financial Statements

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by juveeer, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    #2 Rahbiefowlah, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    $2.5 large every year on the pompous, fabricated facade of false hope.

SUM still killing though.

2. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** me, they are spending 14 million on the youth national team and academy and the end product is all of them failing at their primary objective.

Pl@ymaker and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  3. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Member+

Jun 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is some good $hit considering I'm studying for cpa exam right now and taking the AUD portion on Halloween.

Winoman, cleansheetbsc and WrmBrnr repped this.
  4. FASTEDDIE

FASTEDDIE Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Thornton
    At least the report is honest and classifies coaching as a current liability! :D

5. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    They'd be far better off putting that money into the da academies and making that program more encompassing.

6. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah, I geeked out and read it. I am looking forward to the Big Soccer interpretation of it.

Good luck. I don't miss the days of studying every night after a full day of work. And review classes. and studying. And studying some more. Eliminate any answers that have 'always' and 'never' on the Business Law section (do they still test for that?)

I guess the only thing that really jumped out at me is Edgar Castillo gets over $100,000 from USSF to be a player rep? I think that is a bigger waste than the $2.5 m on Jurgen. And Jay Berhalter as 'COO' only gets paid $68 G? Must be drawing from another source.

John McGuirk repped this.
  7. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Member+

Jun 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The business law section you're referring to is now combined with taxation, and together they represent the Regulation exam. I've only passed one section so far: BEC. Didn't know you were a CPA. That's awesome.

8. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    No, not really. I am a soccer coach that needs to be a CPA on the side to support myself and family :)

9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    $10m increase from the 2014 statement, from $73m to $83m.

Not bad. It's grown fast under Klinsmann, about 10m per year from the stuck-in-the-50m before him. He's good business, widely known, can get us friendlies against top teams & that means juicy payouts, with big companies sponsoring.

I'd really consider making Kanye West the USMNT coach. The guy is HUGE around the world, specially in Europe. He dwarfs Klinsmann in name recognition, and you can bet Sony, Adidas, etc. would be willing to pay more to broadcast anything with him in it.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  10. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    Which hopefully everyone keeps in mind when we cut him a big severance check and move on to someone who is both good for business and good for our senior team's performance.

11. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's settled then, Kanye West as president and coach of the United States.

Jeff Wineberg repped this.
  12. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    over $35M from television revenue and marketing and advertising. That is over 1/3 of the recognized USSF assets.

And in the description section of the statement is the acknowledgement that SUM and Nike are at the core of that revenue recognition.

Interesting.