USOC: Wizards vs. Menace All things Pre-game [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by IowaBoy, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quista 14

Quista 14 New Member

May 31, 2003
    Very mature post. One bus for players. Two buses for rabid Menace fans. I am not sure anyone from Missouri should be ripping on Iowa. Have you ever traveled up and down Missouri?? Exactly.

2. staubio

staubio New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, yes. I'm an avid bicycler and have toured both states. Missouri has an incredible diversity of topography and natural features. There is virtually no part of Missouri that can be compared to Iowa, save the portions immediately adjacent to the state line. Iowa is far more agricultural than Missouri ever was or could be because of natural features.

Not that it matters -- just don't be defending your state by saying ours sucks too. It doesn't. In my opinion, neither does yours, but they are very different.

3. Soccerbank

Soccerbank New Member

Jun 9, 2005
    You are just plain stupid!!

4. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    RAGBRI... ride it.

5. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Yes, I've travelled up and down both states. And Missouri has MUCH more to offer than Iowa. Sorry to burst your bubble.

6. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow.... no really... wow.

did you have help with that post?

7. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't need you bring your diseases down here....

Is that 'cause you can't understand jokes? .... /whispers - this is an example of a joke.... so was my reply to the other part of your post, in case you were wondering... that was a joke too....

8. Routy

Routy New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Ankeny

like what dueling banjos!!!!!!! clean it up guy!!

9. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is this hell?
    no, it's iowa.

10. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    In case you haven't figured this out yet this is an internet message board, not a congressional hearing. If yolu can't be light hearted here where can you be?

Leave it to a bunch of pig farmers to take the virtual world so seriously.

11. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    True Story

About 5 years ago I was on a coach bus ride that went through Iowa, a child and her mother sat in the seat across from me. The child asked, "Mommy what is that smell?" The mother with her eyes full of love and wisdom that seemed to be almost remembering her days of childhood innocence looked kindly and said, "darling, that is Iowa".

12. Quista 14

Quista 14 New Member

May 31, 2003
    No I got your jokes. I was merely saying that you can't really be throwing out farm jokes without including Missouri. I've visited many, many places in Missouri and they have just as many, if not more rednecks down there.

Anyways, I will be sure to bring some stank with me on the way down so we can enjoy it. Roll up my windows right before we cross the border so I can savor it.

13. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Not quite sure that a person who lives in a town of population 17,705 has a right to call anyone a pig farmer or make fun of anyone because they are a "hick". By the way, Mr Warrensburg......don't forget the big grand opening at the local Curves for Women on Aug 3. It is at 10 am, that should give you time to get from 312 E. Young St Suite E to Park University by kickoff.

Let's keep all the personal name calling to a minimum. It is one thing to get good fan banter going.....but totally another to attack personally.

14. staubio

staubio New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is RAGBRAI, my friend, and I have ridden it.

As you were.

15. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO

I refer you back to my earlier post I said "a bunch of pig farmers. "I was speaking in general terms. I wasn't calling any single person a pig farmer. I was calling the entire population of Iowa a a pig farmer. Get it right. I also refer you back to the same post when I said, "this is an internet message board not a congressional hearing." lighten up, it isn't as if I called you a pig Fvcker. What goes on in Iowa stays in Iowa, in my opinion.

As far as where I am hailing from, it is now in Lee's Summit. Haven't even really thought about updating my profile, thanks for reminding me though. I guess I just don't have the time on the internet to stalk around and see what college town somebody went to school at, but I guess to each their own.

16. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Then you outta know, unless of course you were one of those one or two day weekend warrior riders in which case you only have a sampling.

17. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    EITHER THIS THREAD SETTLES DOWN OR I'M CLOSING IT

18. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Oh come on. Nothing like a little friendly banter.

Only 2 more weeks till game day. This thread is going to be awesome by the time the game comes around.

Ojsgillt, Des Moines actually means "the excrement-faces", so I think that pig-smell is somewhat of a birthright. :D

http://www.dmregister.com/news/stories/c4788998/22247528.html

19. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Theres a difference between "banter" and trolling. That's all I'm asking.

20. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to see the Menace go a little farther. The only time I've ever heard national media say anything about the USOC was in 1997 I saw an ESPN feature on the San Francisco Bay Seals in what is now USL-2 and them making the semifinals. I think that the "your local team can take on the big boys" feeling would be good for the USOC, if common sports people know that it could happen, and hence good for smaller soccer teams and pro/amateur soccer in general.

21. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL.
    Why do I "have" to include jokes about Missouri? I live here.. ha ha.
    Yeah, we have rednecks... don't matter. There isn't a rule that says I have to equally make fun of both sides when making farm jokes...

If you get that "rarefied air" down here all in one ... cloud? ... then i'll be sure to know who you are :) ... I gotta know if it smells that bad.

Come on down, enjoy the game. We can all go the bars afterwards and enjoy ourselves...with one side gloating over the other ofcourse.

22. Quista 14

Quista 14 New Member

May 31, 2003
    You'll probably smell me coming then. Yea, seriously we are looking forward to coming down. I was dissapointed a couple years ago when we didn't get to play more of your starters, but I understand that. I have a feeling we will get to see more of them than we want in two weeks. I know a couple guys that would be willing to hit the bars after the game. Would you guys really be up for beers if we happen to defeat your boys??

23. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I am sure there will be some that will :)

24. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if we lose, some of us may want to drink to forget the game. LOL

25. staubio

staubio New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell, if you beat us, I'll buy you a beer.

I don't plan on buying you a beer, however.