USOC Semis

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Mad_Bishop, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    So there's no need to travel to Cowlumbus for this match, but I have that day and the day after off of work already, so I'm thinking about going. Cheapest plane tix are $250 RT, so that's pretty much out of the question. I've made the drive before, not fun, buy it is doable. I get over 40 mpg in my CRX, so gas isn'ttoo bad, but the car only seats two, so that's not good. Anyone got any ideasor interest?

2. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Fox Sports World

3. VoodooDaddy23

VoodooDaddy23 New Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Overland Park, KS
    Can someone explain how this is our third straght game on the road for the US Open Cup? It seems odd that we got two in a row last year and none this year. Is there any chance we could get the final?

4. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    If we win in columbus we get the final. Atleast that is what some players said.

5. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    yeah, i figured that would be everybody's first choice, but I really wanted to make at least one roadtrip this year, and this is one I can make. Not surprised if there arn't any takers.

6. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I wouldn't be overly surprised if LA got it if they beat Dallas. I know, it was there last year, and the Wizards haven't had a home match yet. But that doesn't mean we are immune to a hosejob.

7. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're looking for a roadtrip, I'm headed up to Colorado for the season finale...

8. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They like to give A-League teams the home game. I have absolutely no problem with this, for a variety of reasons. The A-League teams need the money (Milwaukee probably made $100,000 due to their Cup run, and that's about a sixth of their budget, if I had to guess), and they need the publicity bump. There might have been 6,000 people at Arrowhead for the game, but that wouldn't have been as beneficial to the Wizards as the 6,000 was for the Rampage.

9. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    In Milwaukee the players that came over before the game said that if we won in the semi's we'd have the final at home, at Arrowhead.

10. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Ahh.... but you are forgetting, where do the Wizards play their USOC games? 6,000 at Arrowhead doesn't do anything, but 2,000 at BVNW does do something. But I do agree, let the A-league teams have the games.

Apparently that did happen, but I don't remember it, but I also think I was kinda drunk at that point too.

11. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *Bump*

Folks we are 90 minutes away from a final.

Columbus opened up a can on us during their last visit I say it's time we return the favor. Looks like McHype is back in their lineup to win balls in the air but help keep them from getting any goals. We've turned the corner a bit from our recent "poor month-o-form" e.g. the entire month of August. We're rested and should be ready to go even on the road.

TV - Fox Sports World @ 7:00pm CST for those who have which I do not. (Damn you ComCast)

Watch party anywhere?

Webcast/Radio - ?

Anyone know anything on Igor's plantar strain? I think everyone else is healthy and rested.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LET'S GO WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lineup:
    ------------Meola
    Boorns--Garcia--Vermes+--Diego
    -------------Zags
    ------Klein----------Armstrong*
    -------------Preki
    ---Fab5Freddy--Absolute Igor

+ Vermes now 100% and backline seems more organized than when Talley plays there. I'll give up Talley's offensive advantage for stronger D-org in this decision.
    *Armstrong plays this position better than Quill ever has to date.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LET'S GO WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let's get LA back here in KC for the Final....

12. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Oh really? I guess I shouldn't tune into tommorow's game then, eh?

13. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    'Twas a joke, don't go crying to Huss.

14. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wahhhh!!

15. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually it was a line I stole from your forum anyway. No problem I welcome a little banter about this game. Either way, I think we all can agree... Hunt wins...

16. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    More so, I think we can all agree Bailey is out of line more often than not. Here and elsewhere.

Why do you have a yellow again???

17. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    Diego is still out on his 3 game suspension stemming from The Whinos game.

18. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh Oh, Does this mean Brunt? He's getting better but still too green in experience.

Or does this mean the debut of "The Twin Towers", with Vermes and Talley in the middle with Garcia and Burns on the outside?

Or just a 3-5-2...

19. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck tonight guys.

20. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    Hopefully the second scenario, or maybe even brunt playing as a marking defender...i.e.,
    burns-talley-garcia-brunt

21. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States