USOC Final (Post Game) {R}

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by SirFozzie, Oct 3, 2007.

1. jrkumor

jrkumor New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    H2O-Town, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. jrkumor

jrkumor New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    H2O-Town, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the highlights of the game, was Twellman post-game. The smile he wore along with the Midnight Rider scarf was awesome.

Congrats to the boys on the win.

3. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    the fact that he had tears in his eyes said it all...FINALLY

4. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    It was great seeing the players wear the scarves, and you're right: Twellman wore a smile the likes of which he's never sported before, a combination of relief, but complete happiness; I think most of the players looked the same.

Again, I'm so proud of the boys in blue... man I want to bottle this feeling.

5. DREWWW

DREWWW Member

Jan 24, 2006
    H2Otown, Masachewsez
  6. ZZZenga

ZZZenga Member

Aug 10, 2006
    CT
    I was so excited I couldn't sleep last night. Had to follow the game on matchtracker because I just moved and my dish hasn't been installed yet (not coming til next sunday). Does ANYONE know where I can get a copy/torrent of this game including all post game celebrations?

7. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    - let's hear no more about "no silverware"

- let's hear no more about coming close means nothing

These guys are winners, Nicol is a great MLS coach, probably the best

- Shalrie was REALLY missed. With him in there, this could have been 5-0.

- All's well that ends well, but Twellman blew 2 GOLDEN chances

- What's up with allowing a substitution when the defense is already set up for a free kick? That seems completely unfair. That HAS to be one of the unwritten rules of officiating (like not whistling the end of the half/game during a scoring opportunity).

- Too many situations where defenders were allowed to climb all over the back of an opponent to win the ball back. I'm thinking of Dorman getting mugged on the Dallas 2nd goal and Parkhurst getting called for a corner while getting dragged to the ground. Hello, referee, a charge has to be shoulder-to-shoulder to be legal!

- Goalazzzzzo by Alvarez! Good thing he can't do that all the time.

- Nice lucky break with Yi getting bonked moments after coming in, screwing up Morrow's substitution plans.

- Bad lucky break with Abe Thompson scoring seconds after coming in.

- I'm a big Smith supporter, but that was an atrocious game he had. I can live with him screwing up on offense, because he makes up for it. But, last night his defense was killing us. He's no stopper on defense, but he's usually MUCH better than that.

- The Revs third goal was inexcusable from Dallas' POV. Okay, the Revs get a 2v1 on a counter, but Twellman had to chase it all the way to the touch line, turn and look up - and Dallas STILL did not have enough guys back on defense.

- Noonan is god. MOTM by a HUGE margin. What a game - figured prominently in all the Revs goals!

8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Was too tired to post after the game last night, but just wanted to offer congrats on the win and to say how glad I was the final was so entertaining.

I've really admired the way Nicol's built his team and it's really a reflection on American soccer. All the starters and key reserves are either Americans or are foreigners who came here for college (Dorman, Smith, John) or before (Joseph). So as a fan of American soccer, it's been nice to see such a team do well but been a bummer not to see them win an actual trophy.

Obviously, that's the case no longer and that's a good think. Nicol is too good a coach - and NE has been too good under him - to not have anything to show for it. So I'm happy to see that is no longer the case and, again, send my congrats to NE, not just for winning the Cup but for showing so much pride in doing it and for representing American soccer in the process.

9. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooo-hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

10. REV-OKe

REV-OKe Member

Apr 4, 2001

Excellent post. DP's are not the only way to build quality.

REVS. Made with Pride in USA.

11. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done Revs. Good to see you're off the schnide.

12. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Was that you I heard screaming at Gulati during the trophy presentation?

13. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    One down, two to go.

If the teams plays like they did for the rest of the season and playoffs, while highly unlikely they have a shot at the SS and, more importantly, MLS Cup.

Imagine last night with Joseph playing.

14. Mick7184

Mick7184 New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Franklin, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks as if it's pretty much a lock that the top 4 teams will be NE, DC, Chivas, and Houston. The top 4 teams are supposed to qualify for the SuperLiga, HOWEVER, I would bet just about anything that MLS takes one of those 4 teams out and replaces them with the Galaxy, and if you look at the 4 teams, it's pretty obvious the Revs will be the one that gets taken out. DC and Houston got spots over us this year(not that we deserved to make it more than Houston,) theres NO WAY that MLS takes Chivas out of it, and theres also no way MLS lets this tournament take place without David Beckham, so my guess is we've got a royal SuperLiga screwing coming to us this offseason.

15. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Not to rain on the parade, but there is an opt-out teams can use in the SuperLiga...

16. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Not sure if this has been posted, but a little birdie told me that Reis gave his winner's medal to Monty.

17. peabrainedidiot

peabrainedidiot New Member

Nov 21, 2005
    wessagussett
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BUR has been reporting it on morning edition

18. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I bet your wrong.
    The teams for year one were selected for location.
    This next years participating teams are selected by the rule established before the season. NO WAY that will be changed by MLS Hq.

19. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    No f***ing way!!!!

20. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you point to more specifics on this?

I agree, but if what wolfp10 says is true, there's some amount of wiggle room.

Funny, when those SuperLiga rules were rolled out, I remember thinking "we'll never get in via the USOC". I am very happy to say I was wrong!

21. peabrainedidiot

Nov 21, 2005
    wessagussett
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if we are in the ccc and the mex/mls thingy next year, we will need to beef up our roster a ton in the off season and have a a solid team and a half of legit starters. That will be an easy 10+ more games to the season.:eek:

22. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kraft is gonna be pissed!!!!

But don't worry, I'm sure we'll trade Shalrie for 5 draft picks.

23. peabrainedidiot

Nov 21, 2005
    wessagussett
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D
    :D:D

24. DREWWW

DREWWW Member

Jan 24, 2006
    H2Otown, Masachewsez
    Thats what I heard last night, and reis doesn't have it on in the locker room pic

25. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    locker room pic?