Usmnt

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Liv'poolFaninAZ, May 28, 2005.

1. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Liv'poolFaninAZ New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona
    Does anyone elsa agree that MLS should probably take the week off, when the USMNT is playing? what's the point of having matches today when all the stars of all the teams are tied up with their international duties? Today is the 2nd LA darby and the Galaxy will be without Donovan. Dallas will be without Pope, I mean what's really the point of having games today?

2. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004

$$$

unless you want to see instead a Wednesday game on football lines in KC & NE with 7k (reported, actual 3-4k) attendance, MLS plays today

RSL is without Pope. Dallas is without Vanney. Neither probably missed them much given today's performance.

3. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Liv'poolFaninAZ New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona

OOOps. My bad, I thought Pope was from Dallas.

4. P1brit

P1brit Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Novi, MI
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    In England only the premiership takes off when international competition is hapening and then in the championship and lower leagues games are resheduled if a team loses a player to international competition (I know know if they have a choice). So say Reading has a game and the US calls up Hahnemann and Convey, they get resheduled while the likes of Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday play on. It might be work over here but the average MLS team loses a player to the national team.

5. P1brit

P1brit Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Novi, MI
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe one out of the 12 us fans at the game with 44,000 foreigners in chicago