USMNT Player Lockout

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by TarHeels17, Oct 17, 2019.

1. ipass

ipass Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #26 ipass, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Nope, just taking a stand, or in other words, doing something instead of continuing to enable this mess of an organization. I have followed and supported the USMNT for over 40 years and the difference now is that when the USMNT failed 20 years ago at the '98 WC, changes were made that resulted in the team's best performance ever in the '02 WC. But after the team suffered it's most humiliating defeat 2 years ago, please enlighten me on the progress since that embarrassing debacle? We arguably have the most talented players ever, yet we struggle against mid-tier CONCACAF nations, while getting spanked by upper-tier nations. Calling out those who posit ideas on how to fix this sh-t show is as mindless as those making the crippling decisions at the USSF.

2. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    who decides who the competent coach is? is there a vote? do they do a raffle and let a random fan/player have ultimate control and decide? does it matter if the coach they pick is even interested?

making over the top comments like that is fun but its pointless without some reasonable structure around it.

3. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I’m all for mediocre untested inflexible ‘Mercia as my criteria. And I have to say BLOODY NAILED IT!

4. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I came into this thread expecting Clyde Simms.

You're all disappointments to me.