usmnt friendly in december?

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by fidlerre, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mostly Great Danes but they aren't allowed in the stadium.
    I know people here from everywhere and tons of ex-pat Brits and Germans and the rest but no Danes.
    I guess it's too hot for them. :) Well the population of Denmark isn't that big to start with.
    5,387,300 Danish types. That's about 1/3rd of the population of greater Los Angeles.

2. petezuke17

petezuke17 Member

May 7, 2003
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: sasfasdfsdfsd

Could be most inane comment ever - Yes lets play Mexico near LA, in fact lets play it in Tijuana. And why would we not face Mexico in the qualifiers??? - the only way we don't play Mexico in the qualifiers is if either team does the unthinkable and doesn't make the final Hexogonal. There is NO WAY that the US plays Mexcio at the HDC, that will be played at either Crew Staduim or.... nope it will probably be played at Crew Stadium.

Also why are you making stupid comments back to someone (Nicodemus) who answers your post with a serious response? There was not a stupid comment that he made and everything he said made total sense.

3. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Re: sasfasdfsdfsd

were you dropped on your head as a child?

4. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: sasfasdfsdfsd

A Mexico vs USA friendly at the HDC is not a far fetched idea. They have played friendlies here in Pasadena and they were huge successes (if you don't mind urine) and I wouldn't be shocked at all if they scheduled another one. I would be more shocked if it went another 4 years without a Mexico vs USA at the HDC. First option for tickets to Galaxy season ticket holders would be one thing that would help the balance.

5. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Re: Re: Re: sasfasdfsdfsd

I was mainly referring to the part about the US & Mexico not meeting in the qualifiers. I don't have a problem with friendlies vs Mexico in LA but no qualifiers please.

6. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: sasfasdfsdfsd

Oh .. Agreed. Even though it would be in my backyard and I could easily attend, even I wouldn't think of a qualifier here unless something very underhanded was done with ticket sales. :D
    But in defense of the original poster, the post was refering to a friendly.

7. braun

braun Red Card

Feb 22, 2001
    metro Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Opponents other than Denmark

Actually, since Latvia is surpassing their past results ever in Euro 2004 qualifying, they would be a good opponent in exhibition.
    Russia, who is doing well in their group, and though we lost to them in Moscow years ago, would also be another good opponent.
    Though these friendlies might be played abroad, that is where we need to start to have success.
    Playing Denmark in California is not playing them abroad!

8. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Opponents other than Denmark

We almost always lose to Euro teams in Europe. We want them to have a little confidence of being able to beat a Euro team somewhere. :D

9. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    Down the road

I have thought that the US should play Poland at Soldier Field. There is a good Polish population who watch soccer, and soldier has not hosted a USMNT game since 93 when we Pourtgal...I believe

10. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Down the road

And take care of a little revenge at the same time. :)
    That would be a good idea actually. Ten years is a long time for Chicago to wait.

11. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are only about 5 million Danes in the whole world... but they ARE a very boisterous bunch! But everyone knows that the Danes are some of the most good-natured bunch in the whole world so even if they do show up in numbers, everyone is assured of a good time.

--HB