USMNT a going not where with clueless Bob Bradley.

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Juan Luis Guerra, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    Well, i just read that he called up his son Michael Bradley for the Brasilian friendly, WTF.... pure favoritism.

2. Soccerretired

Soccerretired New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    I agree with you. BB has a chance to develop his son becomes a
    US soccer star, but no way....his son is about average or under average
    for U.S. Men’s National Team ( too much about his family)

3. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a nice tackle and pass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y58nkKDPQTw

4. ECUNCHATER

ECUNCHATER Member

Sep 30, 1999
    That was a good play. If Someone else was the coach and took an old lineup to a game most people on here would be screaming for Bradley to be on the roster.

5. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    There was a reason why Bob never got hired in a permanent basis. Then since the US Soccer Assotiation is made up of people who dont really know about soccer, decided to hire him on a permanent basis, big mistake. I know they regret hiring him.

6. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "shhhh, you'll offend the haters with actual examples of good play from the coaches son"

If we had any player starting in the Eredivise and he wasn't getting consistent call-ups there'd be a big problem. Most people here feel like the coaches son got lucky on their teams as a kid and are taking out their feelings on the USMNT. I've decided the USMNT is the place where most US Soccer fans decide to solve personal issues and vent frustrations at their own failures. Try therapy instead people.

7. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Therapy is a good idea for followers of the USMNT. Personally, and it seems like most don't agree, but I haven't seen us improve since '94. I'm still optimistic, but our attitude is too complacent. One good play against China and starting for a mediocre Dutch team don't make an automatic Nats starter. Maybe he'll mature into one, but to be untouchable now is just wrong.

8. cyberthoth

cyberthoth Member+

Nashville SC
    Aug 7, 2000
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then you clearly haven't been watching. Wynalda was better than any forward we have now and Ramos, Harkes and Jones would make the team but that was about it. We were starting hacks back then who were plying their trade in lower leagues and we had nowhere near the depth we have now.

9. duce2424

duce2424 Member

May 4, 2007
    While I agree that after this course of friendlies is over in december it is time for BB to go, it has nothing to do with the job he has done so far. I could not have asked BB to do a better job then what he has done so far. The problem is he was the wrong choice from the start. The USSF needs a stronger personality coach who not only can coach the Senior team but can rebuild the US youth system and help this country develop a style of play. I know that the USSF was not willing to do this last year which is why Klinnsman and Perkmen are not coaching this team right now, but I feel like they might be more open to the idea now that they have seen what problems the US orginization has during the Youth world cups this summer. Those teams had just as much if not more talent then any other teams in the tournaments. They just didnt know how to play together or have the tactical acumen of the teams they were playing. There is no excuse for this, these kids have been branded as the players for there age by USSF and trained to compete in these cometitions. IF anything they should have a tactical level equal to there opponents. THat is why BB has to go, because it is the only way for the US program to move forward. Sorry for the rant, got away from myself a little.:rolleyes:

10. matador11

matador11 Member

Jun 21, 2000
    South Florida
    I agree. I don't have a problem with playing Bradley, Jr. He has shown enough to merit regular looks on the team. Mastro, on the other hand, has clearly lost a step and is already inferior to Clark. Why Clark keeps getting passed is beyond me.

11. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Our depth and nonhacks don't make us more competitive against the top teams than we were then. We did well against Brazil in a competitive match in '94, so Sunday will be an interesting comparison. Mexico is improving faster than us at the moment.

12. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The '94 team couldn't have done what we did in '02 and were wrongly expected to repeat in '06.

If Mexico is improving faster than us, why aren't they beating us?

13. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Hold that thought. They beat Brazil in the Copa 2-0, and are about to add Dos Santos to that attack. I don't know if we'll continue to dominate Mexico if we don't improve.

14. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not the obvious answer to me. I don't really have an "obvious" answer, but if I had to bet, I'd bet on Klinnsy not liking that the Fed wasn't going to let him take the A team to both the Gold Cup AND the Copa America.

15. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you "know" this? And BTW, you should call Goff or Wahl or someone, because they'd kill to write this story.

16. Sevryn45

Sevryn45 New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    My suggestion either throw BB out asap or extend his contract till after 2010 World CUP. :p

17. Soccerretired

Soccerretired New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    [​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunil_Gulati ( Gulati's resume)

Let Gulati steps down asap first then throw BB out later.

Gulati teachs introduction economics, microeconomics...We don't need
    that kind of his stuffs...

After a 5-month interview period that left the American national team dormant. On December 7, 2006, Klinsmann withdrew his name from consideration for the US head coaching position. Shortly after, the USSF issued a press release naming Bob Bradley as the interim head coach. Gulati later hired Bradley outright, citing the team's development and performances during the early part of 2007.
    In Gulati's mind, after Bruce Arena must be BB...(second best). His knowledges in int'l soccer is very narrow?????:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Bradley ( BB's resume)

18. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    It can't be any simpler...The whole bullshit was created by Sunnil Gulati an his soccer wanabee directives....and the worst part is that the SOCCERMEDIAWANABEE do not said chit.....:mad:

Soccer press my bass.....:cool:

19. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Gulati Resume....? We do not need stinking RESUMES....What we need is real soccer coaches.... and not only one we probably need couple of dozen ....:rolleyes:

20. patt

patt New Member

Jul 31, 2003
    I think his inclusion says less about nepotism and more about the dearth of talent we are getting for 100 mil investment since 94 in acadamies that produce robotic players etc. Our federation is being run by no nothing buffons who think this sport in this country is their own little expirement and private property/club. It is a crime and a shame.

Question : does Bradley play on a regular basis-that is start- in Holland?

21. MUTINYFAN

MUTINYFAN Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Orlando
    I think Michael Bradley is a good player and will only get better. For christ sakes, most players his age are playing college soccer while MB plays in Holland. People on these boards love to pick on teenage players.

But I do think Bob Bradley is not the answer for USMNT coach. He can't get us to the next level. I don't think much of a coach who picks Kerry Zavagnin and Davy Arnaud for the USMNT and does not select Altidore and Burciaga. I guess if you are not part of the ODP-College soccer system he ignores you.

22. hornboy

hornboy New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    just fyi - klinnsman is not well respected in europe. most think he is a product of being in the right place at the right time. he is better than arena and bradley.

i think bradley is a step up, as at least the dude has a pair. i didnt like arena since he had no sack. the dude played so conservatively. at least bradley goes out and puts his son on the squad. questionable move as his play is pretty average and there are other young players that more deserve a look more than young bradley.

there is still hope things can change and the usmnt can pick up a real coach that has experience and success with the international game.

23. augustus75

augustus75 New Member

Mar 2, 2006

I said in my previous post that Michael may get better, may improve to the point that he deserves an automatic callup for every game, but he is nowhere near that level yet. My problem with Michael is not that he is a teenager, but that his dad has him penciled in as an automatic starter. Answer this: If we had some other coach, would Michael Bradley necessarily be a starter every game, no questions asked? And its not just that Michael makes more than his fair share of mistakes, silly fouls, bad touches, and errant passes, its that he is playing via the exclusion of other young players. How is that fair or healthy for the USMNT?

24. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Altidore is hurt. Burciaga is average. Arnaud deserves a call based on his play this year - have you been watching? He's been dynamic in attack every game and I can't think of an MLSer who's healthy that would be a better choice for an experimental call-up.

Zavagnin is a last minute patch for an ailing Pablo. I doubt he gets more than 10 minutes.

Some criticism of Bradley is merited, but not based on this.

25. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In '94, we only lost by a goal, but we were pinned in our half while playing with a man advantage for much of the game!

Compare to some more recent matches vs. Brazil:

Confederations Cup 2003 - Brazil looked better, but we actually looked competitive, and only Berhalter's bonehead error keeps it from being a 0-0 draw.

Pasadena friendly, 2001 - both teams missing a few players (Brazil actually closer to full strength than we were), but we actually attack effectively, and could have been a 2-2 draw had Sanneh's shot not been acrobatically cleared off the goal line by a defender.