USL Pro Select League

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by SankaCofie, Apr 25, 2003.

1. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Would anyone like to explain the USL Pro Select League?
    How long has it been around? Why are there so many East coast teams and one or two western ones? are they much worse than the A-league? Pro league with A-league drop-outs? which are the better teams?
    or anything else you'd like to explain.

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I am not an expert, but there are some things I could enlighten you on.

USL's Pro Select League (PSL) is its new name, it was called D3 (Division 3) since 1996, when USL officially redivided its teams (it was because of MLS starting).
    Some of the stronger teams in the past have been Utah Blitzz, Western Massachusetts Pioneers,Charleston Battery and the Charlotte Eagles.
    Now PSL is basically the lowest level professional soccer league in the USA. For that reason, many players are those that are further along in their careers or those that might play for fun (on a more part-time basis). The play is good, but some think it has too many "has-beens" in it. Thats some opinion.
    And finally why the Eastcoast slant? Well in the past the stronger teams seem to be in the East. More recently, a new semi-pro/amatuer league started in the West and stole a few PSL teams out west, hence the absense this year of western PSL teams.
    I hope that answers your questions. Let us know if you have any more.

3. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
    I have had trouble finding the results of the 'Pro Select League' matches. Does any one know of any web sites that posts the results?

4. DaMunk

DaMunk Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Philadelphia/STX
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    US Virgin Islands
    Check www.uslsoccer.com. Scores get posted pretty quickly there.

5. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
    Thanks