Usc Trojans

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by CNSoccer, Sep 4, 2007.

1. CNSoccer

CNSoccer Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Looks like the Ali the new coach has shaken-up the line-up and starting 5 freshmen. It looks like Amy Rod is coming in as a sub and several starters from last season are subs with minimum or no playing time. What's the word on Ali amongst the players?

2. suremegsalot

suremegsalot New Member

May 11, 2007
    I really don't know what the word amongst the players is but just looking at the statistics it looks like the team is rolling along for now.

3. CNSoccer

CNSoccer Member

Nov 13, 2006
    It must be nice to have freshmen that can beat out a national player like Amy R.

Taken from USC web site:

Rodriguez, a former Pac-10 Freshman of the Year who had proven to be a major fixture in the Trojans' attack in her first two years, has yet to crack the starting lineup this season.

According to Khosroshahin, the starting lineup is determined solely by current form rather than past performance.

"Amy is working her way to be in match form. The freshmen came [to school] in the best shape," Khosroshahin said.

"I'm about making people earn their spot. I don't care what you did in the past, who you are, or who you think you are."

4. SBfan

SBfan New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Ouch! So he's saying she's out of shape... Thank goodness for Lauren Brown and Megan Ohai and their goals so far. The pressure has been taking off of Ali to play Amy Rod since these girls are winning games for him. If they weren't 3-0 the feelings may be different.

5. SBfan

SBfan New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    A-rod starts and scores early in their 2-1 loss to Indiana. I guess she showed him she wanted to work hard for him.

6. suremegsalot

suremegsalot New Member

May 11, 2007
    looks like he should have kept A-Rod on the bench and maybe they would have won!

7. SBfan

SBfan New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    With Meagan Holmes on the out for the season the Trojans are going to have to put together a new back line. They lost a lot of college and national team experience with Holmes' injury.

8. Jarndyce

Jarndyce New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Tampa/St. Pete
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has this team peaked or does it have something left for a deep run in the NCAAs? Anyone around here following this team closely?