USA would dominate England if...

Discussion in 'England' started by des1derata, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. des1derata

des1derata New Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Montana, USA
    here's the dilly... if the best american athletes weren't drawn into american football, basketball, baseball, and hockey, but chose soccer/football instead, we would absolutely dominate the international game.

granted, you brits have had some impressive athletic prowess diverted from football by cricket and darts (snicker), but even with these physical dynamos on the pitch, you still wouldn't stand a chance against a unified america.

i love the prem, love arsenal, and love watching your national team play. it's top class, but just think how terrifying a team the usa could field if our best athletes weren't divided amongst other major sports.

sadly, it will never happen. even though soccer continues to gain respect here in the states as a 'real' sport played by grown-ups (rather than primary school kids on saturday mornings), to mainstream america it will always take a backseat to the more traditional american sports such as football and basketball.

discuss.. :)

2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    *snort* yeah as terrifying as your Olympic basketball team, beaten by the likes of Puerto Rico :D

England are world champions at Rugby Union, what other popular team sports are USA world champs at? USA even gets his ass whipped in the Ryder Cup every time. The answer there is nothing, so claiming dominance or brilliance where there is absolutely no evidence for it is laughably delusional.

USA is not a soccer country, does not have the mentality to be a success at a team sport on this level. Far too greedy and individualistic and weak attitudes - see Donovan and Adu.

3. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001

Why would anyone seriously discuss something that you admit would never happen??

This is the simpleton sams army view that regularly gets spouted around these boards .You're actually fvcking stupid enough to think that players from american football ,baseball,etc would make good soccer players.
    The current USA team is already high on athleticsm unfortunately you're not so great with SKILL .ooooh I bet barry bonds ,donovan mcnabb ,shaquille o neal ,etc.. would all take american soccer to a new level .
    doesnt matter that they aint got any football talent its all down to athleticism.[​IMG]

4. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I suppose we should start thinking of Martin Johnson, Johnny Wilkinson and co playing football.

Sam's Army clowns.... they barely beat Honduras and now they come around chest beating and acting stupid...

5. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001

better watch out with your comments..
    if tiger woods and phil mickelson were soccer players ,american would dominate the whole world of soccer.
    they've got that "will to win" that no one else has got apparently.

6. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    5 posts and this thread's already lost all hope. BS at it's finest.

7. WishHoustonHAdATeam

WishHoustonHAdATeam New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Houston Texas
    Damn, i wish i was English......seriously.....i hate american football

8. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D :D This thread is so fvcking stupid I love the boys in red,white and blue but respect is earned not given. If we want the world to respect us our team must go out their and fvcking take it. No whats and ifs until we win something then the English can talk all they want (66) trust me I support Newcastle.

9. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Cuba beats you at Baseball all the time and Canada woops your ass when it comes to Ice Hockey, can't think of to many sports the US are world champs at

10. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

You say that like it's a bad thing.

11. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    Do you know what the ---- you are talking about?

12. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not really but the person who started this thread dosn't eather :)

13. spencer_carlos

spencer_carlos New Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    I feel sorry for you yanks having to put up with your ********** and bastardized colonial sports like Baseball, American Football (Gridiron), & Basketball.
    I can only imagine what America's "dominance" would be like if they had played British-made; world-class sports like Football, Rugby (Union & League), & Cricket. :rolleyes:

14. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    brits?

No trolling.