USA World Cup Highlight?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by TheMutts, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Once every few weeks or so. I can't watch more often than that. I recently rewatched our win over Jamaica to qualify and when Joe Max Moore comes up to take the PK that sealed it, I got nervous. After all, if anyone can miss a PK on videotape, it has to be JMM. :D

Sachin

2. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    My favorite moments of the WC were both from the portugal game:

JOB scores while my wife is talking to me from her office at work, while she and her coworkers are all laughing at me for having the "audacity" to think that the US had a chance and having all the laughter on the other end go quiet. (for those that don't know by now, I'm married to an Italian woman)

The second favorite was me going ape$h!t at my office after McBrides goal and having my employees shaiking their heads at both my reaction and the match itself. Then calling up the wife to rub it in and having the phone ring and ring and ring and... Needless to say she didnt say much when she walked in the door that night :)

If the wife is already asleep (for my safties sake), i'll pop in my Portugal DVD and "watch" (with the volume muted) the first or last 30 minutes as I fall asleep. That "sleep" feature on my widescreen is well used in this house

3. latru

latru New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    NY.
    Without a doubt the Portugual game.

4. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    my WC memory, well, actualy bad memory, a nightmare when that son of a B, Dallas did not call a handball by German's defender, it should had been a penalty and changed the match outcome.

5. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    good memory, Portugal game no doubt, before the game started, i kinda pesimistic that the US would even get a tie and i couldn't believe just like anybody else moments later when we were up 3-0

6. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    10. Beasley urinated on the side line.

7. BWMcTell

BWMcTell New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    NYC
    Those are all great moments, but one of my favorites was Landon's shot that Khan barely saved. It wasn't the shot that got me, it was the beautiful nutmeg Donovan placed on the German defender. I laughed so hard from giddiness I had tears in my eyes.

8. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Because the players begin to lose their concentration, thinking they have the game won. Just ask the Rev's .

The best moment for me was passing through Heathrow Airport and hearing the customs guys trying to figure out if the scoreline they heard from the USA-Portugal match was the correct one.