USA vs. Venuzuela :Official Pre and Post Match Activities in Seattle

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bandeirante, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Michael J Christy

Michael J Christy New Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Had a great time chanting my lungs out with ya at the match, great fun and I still am having trouble speaking clearly!

But please, if you come to Kells, *only* Bhoys allowed. It may be an ugly scene if there is any Man U red in sight.

Delta, G Man Eric (there he goes, there he goes), Fire Girls, Atouk, Galaxy Fan (I'm sorry, I believe there is medication for that), random drunk Brits razzing my Leeds shirt, and the Spokane Crew, good job and until next time...

2. Lowdiggity

Lowdiggity New Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Chicago
    I had a great time at the game, and at all the pre and post-game events.
    Thanks to everyone I met this weekend for a great time!
    Lauren (one of the fire girls)

3. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, had a great time with y'all at Kell's. Don't be strangers, any of ya... expect to see you over here a few times this summer for footy besides ManUre :)

Security was piss poor... All together now and not at the ref for once:

"You don't know what you're doing..."

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So how was the Space Needle? You guys should've stayed. We wandered down the street to an excellent Indian restaurant for dinner.

5. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a great time at Kell's, Pyramid, and the game, and probably had too good of a time at Fado! All in all, it was a great weekend!

To everyone I knew already such as Andy, Colin, Vince, and Bill, it was great to see y'all again.

To the locals and other westerners who I met for the first time, thanks for your hospitality. Special thanks to Bandeirante, Guiness Gulper, Outback Maverick, tcmahoney, galaxyfan03, and all of you I met at Kell's on Saturday. What a great bunch of folks. I look forward to seeing you at future Stars-and-Stripes games, hopefully as soon as the Wales game in May for a few of you.

Mark

6. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brazilian food, drink and music up at the U-District is a tradition we cannot pass up! Plus to talk footy with the owners is always a hoot!

7. firebarrett

firebarrett New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Thanks

Hey Guys,
    Had so much fun in Seattle. Too much beer. I think I owe some pints to a few of you. My brain is still in the City. Can't wait to see you guys at another game.

Kate
    (the other fire girl)

LOL. I couldn't get logged in on my old name. I haven't used it in soooo long. So look for this name or kbarrett.

8. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wanted to chime in as well on what a great weekend I had out in Seattle with everyone.

Way too many folks to name, but everyone who was there, if I got to talk to you or if I didn't, you made the weekend better for being there.

I sincerely hope to see all you guys at another MNT game soon!

Marcel, one of the two DC troublemakers
    (As said on the Yahoo Listserv. Sachin didn't have to agree so quickly, the bum. :p),

9. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess it's MY turn to say how GREAT the trip to Seattle was!!!

Gorgeous city, awesome stadium, & great atmosphere (just think what it would've been like if Japan had come!! WOW!!).

But it's the people you meet & friends you make that make these trips SOOOO worthwhile!!

To that extent, I'd like to thank Delta Blues, Bandeirante, Outback Maverick, Atouk, Andy Mead, Bison1997 (as well as Jay. Don't know his screename), patsfan1 (hope that's right, Monty) & SOOO many more. It's just impossible to mention EVERYONE, so if I forgot somebody please forgive me.

I HOPE that Seattle gets a WCQ, if not in 2004 then in 2005, so that we can all get together again.

Hopefully, it won't be THAT long before we "hook up" at a USMNT game (perhaps Wales in SJ on Memorial Day weekend.

Until then, everybody take care & thanks for making my first visit to Seattle SOOOO memorable!!

10. Michael J Christy

Michael J Christy New Member

Jan 27, 2001
    So to anyone who watched the game when they got back home, could you hear us chanting, or were we drowned out by the horns? I wasn't able to get it on tape.

I wouldn't mind paying for S+H for a copy of it, this game being my first cap.

Mav

11. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    I'll piggyback on this one! It was a great weekend!
    Glad you made it to Kell's in time Alex.

Great to see all of you in Seattle, and I still owe a few of you a brew, Andy & Bandeirante for sure. I won't forget! (I never made it to the other side of the pub in time to oblige everyone I promised a brew, but Jason, TC & Alex at least got a round and graciously recipricated!)

Looking forward to the qualifiers!

Kevin

12. holland_g

holland_g New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Hi all

Just wanted to chime in on how fun the weekend was. I have not had that much fun in a while. My favorite part was meeting all the people that flew or drove up for the game from out of Seattle.

I hope that you all got home safe and sound!

I walked by the Brazilian place on Sunday after the game and it looks great!

I'm the guy in the hat and the ManU shirt holding the beer in the pic. Right above the A.

The only noise I really picked up on the TV was my brazilian samba whistle.

Thank you to RS from Dublin, CA for buying lunch! YOU ROCK!

Holland