USA vs. Honduras (CNL Semifinal): June 3, 2021, Denver, CO

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Eddie Stiel, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Cross-posting from USA Men: News & Analysis.

Will there be residency restrictions for attendees? Ticket pods? If so, a single seat option?

According to Concacaf, there will be two doubleheaders, one on 6/3 and one on 6/6.

2021 Concacaf Nations League Finals Schedule
    *Kick off times to be confirmed at a later date

June 3, 2021 – Semifinals
    SF1: Honduras vs United States
    SF2: Mexico vs Costa Rica

June 6, 2021 – Third Place Match and Final
    3rd: Loser SF1 vs Loser SF2
    F: Winner SF1 vs Winner SF2

Also, "Concacaf will in due course provide information regarding any local and federal COVID-19 protocols which will need to be observed by attending fans. Fans interested in attending the matches in Denver should sign up at www.ConcacafNationsLeague.com for more information."

2. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Bring it on!!

Ticketmaster Gen Public sale is April 26th. USSF and supporter groups will have access prior to that, I assume.

3. Droogie

Droogie Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Excellent! Looking forward to hear what the US Supporter's Club has planned for tickets.

4. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (My first post in a long while) I have been so starved for live USMNT action that I've booked my hotels and flights for the CONCACAF Nations League Semis and Final and the Gold Cup Final! I'm looking forward to 3 Night Before the Match American Outlaw Parties, and experiencing Mile High and Vegas filled with Mexican and American fans!

wixson7 repped this.
  5. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think they get much of anything for these. Only matches they host that are friendlies or World Cup qualifiers. I will check with my US Supporter's rep though.

6. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    They will provide the federations with an allotment of tickets, and they'll divy them up to the Circle/Insiders along with AO, etc.

7. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Welcome back. I'm sure we all agree how exciting it will be to get back this summer and watch the fellas and drink beers with the gang again. I can't wait!

8. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    For the original 2020 dates, US Soccer gave Insiders a presale code for the US semi-final match in Houston at Dynamoland through axs.com. I expect something similar through Ticketmaster for the Denver semifinals.

We didn't get a presale code for the 3rd Place/Final Match doubleheader scheduled for the Dallas Cowboys' stadium. I bought a ticket during the general Seatgeek on-sale.

If I go, I think I'll make separate trips for the two days. Fly in early AM, fly home early AM next day or late PM on Sunday if the games are early enough. I have slept on the floor of Denver Airport a few times and I'll do it again.

9. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I don’t doubt this for a minute. :)

10. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Interested part will be these 4 teams have solid fan base/demand for these games. If, for example, only 30k seats are available, that's only 7-8k per team. All 4 teams play on that Thursday. No way they clear out the stadium in between games so it will be strange to be honest.

11. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm looking forward to 180+ minutes of soccer regardless. I will get 2 tickets if needed to watch both semis and 3rd/final. Let's see what happens on Apr. 26th! Can't wait to see USMNT in person. Saw my LA Galaxy in person win a crazy one today in Ft. Lauderdale and the crowd was electric!

wixson7 repped this.
  12. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Stadium looked great, supporters sounded good. glad you made it, felt "normal" again huh?

13. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    wixson7 repped this.
  14. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    Thinking seriously about flying out for these.

15. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I've seen no presale codes just yet.

16. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    CNL21

silicus and Eddie Stiel repped this.
  17. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It looks like COVID forced CONCACAF to use a modified Las Vegas model for ticketing to these doubleheaders. Instead of a two drink minimum, there is a two ticket minimum.

I'm out for now. I'll monitor the AO site to see if they end up selling single tickets to non-members.

wixson7 repped this.
  18. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    looks like they have an ADA pod available of 1 ticket

Eddie Stiel repped this.
  19. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Eddie, he's referring to your advanced age. :)

20. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Thanks. I saw those, but left them for people who might need them.

I compared this year's ticket prices to last year's for the cheapest tickets and calculate an approximate 50% increase. With the two ticket minimum, I am looking at a 300% price increase. Ironically, round trip airfare from the Bay Area to Denver is cheaper than or about the same as my cheapest game ticket option.

Oh well. I have been to tons of games. Hopefully, I'll see single dots for future matches that I want to attend and my wife doesn't. I can't fathom why there aren't any for these games in such a big stadium with only one empty seat between pods.

Thanks to you as well.

21. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    yes, clearly :)

22. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    noble of you. prices are pretty high. wonder what capacity is limited to...perhaps they are trying to make up for that!

on another note...who received the presale passcode? i didnt get the insiders email and my guy told me the code hadnt been received yet, so.....

wixson7 repped this.
  23. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I found about about the CNL21 presale code in a round about way.

Insiders/Circe: no news yet
    AO: there's a conf call tonight, hopefully will yield some clarity but they haven't heard anything yet either.
    Sammers: haven't heard anything either.

Both endzones have 4 sections blocked on this presale, so obviously reserved for the Feds (i assume), just don't know how they'll do it.

Hopefully will know more in the next few days.

24. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    interesting...and crafty! id imagine an email comes out tomorrow with the info

25. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks wixson7!!! I got some sweet tix for both Thu. and Sun. I had to buy a pair for each day. So I'll start looking for a friend to sit next to me. Worst-case I can find a fellow USA Supporter/American Outlaw willing to pay part of the cost of their ticket!

wixson7 repped this.