USA v Jamaica WCQ :: SmallBar Wicker Park (8FEST fundraiser)

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Section8Chicago., Oct 28, 2004.

1. Section8Chicago.

Section8Chicago. New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    This is all preliminary information - this may change when the final announcement is made this weekend.

Coming up in November and December will be two special fundraisers at SmallBar (2049 W Division) to raise funds for the general fund of Section 8 Chicago, PROJEKT8 and S8C's Bridgeview Planning Commission (2006 home opener prep).

The donation is voluntary and will be whatever you feel like donating, but we'd appreciate if all attendees contribute at least 15 dollars, which gets you $1 Stella Artois and a free raffle ticket.

There will be a raffle and silent auction with Chicago Fire, Chicago Storm, SmallBar, and S8C prizes available on both dates.

Hoping to have
    - new Tribesoft-designed section8chicago.com on display
    - announcement about our new store partner
    - first chance at Chicago Fire fan association registration
    - maybe more, crossing my fingers

Final details should be available this weekend.
    Also check here and here

The first fundraiser will also be a viewing party for the USA v Jamaica WCQ! Hope to see you all there.

2. Section8Chicago.

Section8Chicago. New Member

Oct 28, 2004
  3. creative_destruction

Nov 28, 2003
    Chicago
    So who's going to this? I will be there with a few of my friends.

4. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Apologies for not bumping this sooner - and the online raffle sales should be okay for the second event, wasn't going to happen for the first.

I've heard from quite a few people, and please note the donation is voluntary - give as much as you feel is appropriate. Donators at the door will recieve a ticket for a $1 Stella and a free first raffle ticket. Addt'l tickets will be available for purchase.

Just a raffle this first event. There will be a larger silent auction to supplement the raffle at the second event.

Prizes for the raffle include packs of Fire fan gear (hats, shirts, etc.) among other items. A 2 hr open bar party at SmallBar will go to someone attending on Wednesday as well.

It's a pretty nice place and should get real loud no matter the numbers. Owners are very eager to see more fans in the immediate area come out as well as others beyond.

Hope to see you all there.

5. creative_destruction

Nov 28, 2003
    Chicago
    Any limits on numbers of people for this? Can I bring 500 of my closest friends :D (if I win of course)

6. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    I think it's a party for 4 but will doublecheck.. Good excuse to celebrate something!