USA U-20 vs. Egypt (R)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by ilikesoccer, Mar 26, 2005.

1. ilikesoccer

ilikesoccer New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Re: USA U-20 vs. Korea (R) 3/24/05

Does anybody know anything about USA x Egypt game?

2. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul

USA 1-0 Egypt. 42nd minute in 2nd half.

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones Member

Oct 27, 2004

I guess you are watching live in korea? Otherwise is there a link?

4. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul

Yup. There's no link since it's SBS Sports.

FT USA 1-0 Egypt. Goal scored by Alvarez in 61st minute. Once the highlights are up, I'll post. Korea vs. Argentina will be on regular SBS in thirty minutes.

5. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Supposedly its 1-0 USA Alvarez scored

6. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    yes it is and thats the way it finished

[​IMG]

7. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    nice, i geuss we'll find out lineups and how we played tomorrow.

too bad ill be at Ireland-Israel game.

8. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    When I look at that matchup I can only hope somehow France manages to lose, instead of Ireland or Israel. Anyway, hope the game is great, but Ireland comes out on top.

9. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been trying to track down a game summary of this one with no luck. Any links?

10. Lord15

Lord15 New Member

Jun 20, 2001
    Southeast
    There's one up at ussoccer.com now.

Does anyone know this Egyptian stacks up to the one that played in qualifying, or the one we'll see at the WC?

Were they missing any good players?

11. Parmigiano

Parmigiano Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Szetela comes on in the 88th minute.

Is it possible -- just possible -- that this kid has been overrated?

12. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Maybee or it may have something to do with Sigi's arrogance. I do not understand how he gives guys like a Brad Evans a look and does not give Jamie Watson or Christian Jimenez a look, a chance for them to prove themselves.

A side note: Out of the five WYC games the US played in 2003 Clint Dempsey 20 years old at the time only played a combined 20 minutes the 5 games. Now out the 20 players from the 2003 roster Dempsey is the closest to a full time spot on the national team outside of EJ.

13. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Every coach has his own way of doing things. They have different ways of evaluating talent and different strategies on how to use that talent. As far as Christian Jimenez is concerned, Sigi has known him from about age 9 or 10, and knows everything about him, his family, etc. (Sigi's son Kyle played on the same club team with Christian for many years). So he knows his strengths as well as his weaknesses. My sense is that Sigi is real big on strong work ethic, work rate, and playing hard both ways. One of Christian's deficiencies is that his work rate and willingness to work on defense and off the ball is questionable. Not saying he can't improve, but right now he hasn't shown Sigi enough.

With regard to Szetela, it could be he feels the most effective players in the middle are Dalby, Kljestan, Gaven, and that he needs to strengthen the right midfield position, but has found Feilhaber a bit more effective there than Szetela thus far. Also, players are judged not only on past reputations and recent game performances but also by how they conduct themselves in practice. Maybe Danny hasn't shown Sigi enough in practice to warrant a starting slot. We could also make an argument about Alvarez, who is seemingly fighting it out with Will John on the left. Competition is good, and when they line up in Holland I hope we'll see the most effective combination of players.

14. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL

Is it possible Just possible that hes freakin 17 yrs old competing against 20 yr olds...................

he still qualifies for the next WYC....

calm down people.

15. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    And while we're projecting to the next U20 cycle, let's also include Tim Ward, Nathan Sturgis, Freddy Adu, Robbie Rogers (not the defender), as well as some of the graduating U17s and U18s who show well. The fun part is predicting who among the age eligible U18s will take the next step up.

16. K.P.

K.P. Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can please someone give me some info on how about this tournament, particularly how many teams are in it? Thanks in advance.

17. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
  18. K.P.

K.P. Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks...I actually meant the Suwon tournament.

19. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Oh

There were 4 teams, USA, Egypt, Korea, Argentina. We got 2nd.

thats all i know.