USA Supporters Section Ticketing for Gold Cup

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by SamPierron, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe I just need to spend some time on the phone with the ticket office over this, but I like to have it straight in my head before reaching for the wallet, and I keep going through all sorts of mental gymnastics to figure this one out. I'm not a STH as I travel over weekends a lot for work. I'd just get tickets through AO, but my wife would really like to bring some friends and really wants to have proper seats rather than standing.

The return on investment for season tickets has me really thinking about it though. For those who know about this than I do, if I purchase 2 season tickets, can I use them as 4 tickets for 10 games rather than 2 tickets for 20? How does the ticket exchange and buyback program work if you know you won't be able to attend maybe half the matches? And then would buying two supporters section tickets allow me to buy four seats for the Gold Cup match?

2. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't misspeak...there was a miscommunication. Fluid situation, and a (crucial) word was misunderstood. My bad.

3. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    hey man, their words not mine

4. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just clarifying. Not that it matters.

5. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    We'll have enough tickets. Dont you worry Matt.

6. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

Did you get your questions answered regarding the ticket exchange? I became a STH today (South Stand) and these were the guidelines:
    • Weekend games can be exchanged for any game*
    • Weeknight games can be exchanged for weeknight games*
    • Exchanges must be 5 days prior to the game desired
    • Up to 10 games can be exchanged into a single game
    • Once exchanged, no going back
    • *No exhanges allowed into Fire, Galaxy or Red Bulls
    As for the Gold Cup, my STH account was enabled to purchase 4 additional reserved seats at just about all price points (I don't think I saw Members Stand or the Club) within 10 minutes of buying my season ticket. I bought two at a higher price point, since I wanted a better seat for this event.

Not sure what tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. will bring when they go on sale to the general public, but I do not imagine that it will sell-out for those that get on tickemaster right at 10:00.

7. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did get it all figured out, yeah. After looking at all that, grabbing a season ticket made a lot of sense. Picked up 4 Gold Cup tickets as well, so I'll probably be sitting on an extra supporters section ticket when that time comes.

God I can't wait for the home games to start.

8. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know what is going on with the tickets for this game? They went on sale at 10AM. However, the only option available is for the ends. Apparently, the sideline tickets are being held for STH. Does anyone know when they will release those?

9. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    id just call em and bug em about it

10. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. UShornet

UShornet Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be buying the best available tickets I can find once I find out summer class schedules for my brother. Looking forward to it!

12. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally decided to get my ticket through AO.

CAN'T WAIT! </Bart Scott>

13. UShornet

UShornet Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sold out?

I have been trying to buy tickets for the game against Guadeloupe for the past few days and no matter what price, amount or section I input for Ticketmaster ... it comes up with a "not found" message. What is the deal?!

I need to find a number I can call.

14. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The intial allotment the team had is sold out. There will be no more tickets available until May. However, you may check with American Outlaws to see if they have any left.

15. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AO does. I just bought another one for a friend that I convinced to go after the Argentina game.

16. steviferg

steviferg New Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Columbia
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hypothetically, if someone were only able to take time off to go to either the opening game, OR the Gold Cup game, how would that individual go about making such a difficult decision? :confused:

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you consider youself a club or a country person (not starting the debate, but that would the best way to decide)?

18. Wizhawk

Wizhawk Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough call...the opener will obviously be the greatest Wizards home game of all time.

But if you've never been to a USA game, they're on a whole different level.

19. glenthas

glenthas Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There will be other national team games here at some point. There will only be one stadium opener.

20. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    10 years since the last USMNT game in KC. Months since the last MLS game. US games don't happen very often.

21. Replicant

Replicant Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. I've made the decision if it came down to I could only get one day off, its going to be June 9th. I PLAN on going to both. I love the USMNT, but there will never be another stadium opener (for this particular stadium, at least).
    I think as a fan I *may* lean slightly towards club anyways (gasp).

22. glenthas

glenthas Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suspect that may change a bit with the new stadium. Still, I suspect Mike is right, it comes down to a club vs. country decision.

23. steviferg

steviferg New Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Columbia
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really consider myself one or the other. I really enjoy both, which is why the decision's so hard!

I tried to get to a USMNT game two summers ago in Chicago (vs Honduras, my "adopted" country, for WC qualifying), and wasn't able to go. So I'm eager to go to a national team game. And I think that the atmosphere will be amazing, with not just KC fans, but soccer fans in general.

I'm kind of thinking along those lines too. So that's the direction I'm leaning. For today, at least :rolleyes:

My hope is that maybe the new stadium will improve the frequency of national team visits?

Whichever way I decide, I'm going to be super sad watching the other at home!

24. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not a good comparison though is it? That was a World Cup game vs a strong Costa Rica, this is the gold cup (huh?) against Guadeloupe ... who?

Yeah there will be plenty of MLS matches, but it is THE opener for the new stadium. With all the rumours over the last 15 years, seeing us play in our new permanent home for the first time is gonna cause some long time fans to shed tears. (I will just be verklempt and having eye allergy issues that day!) :D

Of course the right answer is to get really really sick and visit Dr Lisp frequently during that week and go to both matches.

25. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its going to be awesome to see the nats in our new stadium, but its also really fun to go see them around the US (or abroad), like that Chicago game was an awesome time.

For me, the true opener, for the tennet, is an historic game.

Me? I'd just do whatever needed to be done to see BOTH!