USA roster finally!

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by scaryice, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Russell isn't hurt and he's not on this list. Highly suspect.

Sachin

2. soccerhooligan33

soccerhooligan33 New Member

Oct 31, 2002
    Clifton, VA
    ...................Keller.....................
    ..Mastroeni..Onyewu....Spector.....
    ..........Clark...........Dempsey........
    Martino.....Donovan (c)......Convey
    ............McBride...Johnson...........

3. OmiKell

OmiKell New Member

May 2, 2004
    Tarrytown/Luxemburg
    !!!!

When was the last time Spector did actually play?

4. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Keller starting a loan at Southampton, I seriously doubt he'll be here.

5. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    That would be Wednesday v/s Crystal Palace in the Carling Cup in central defense with O'shea.

He has also gone 90 in just about every reserve match, which at United is no joke, as he's been in the line-up with internationals like Saha, Brown, etc.

He defends guys like Rooney, RVN, and C. Ronaldo everyday in practice...Spector is the least of my worries regarding this roster.

6. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    Ryan Suarez is a useless, hot-headed, image-seeking sack of feces whose inclusion is a disgrace.

7. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Spector was MIA from last night's reserve game for Manchester United so HE WILL BE IN CAMP!!! :)

8. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This list just cannot be right. I mean, Ramiro Corrales??!! Come on! We've wanted him benched virtually all season in San Jose. I just really find this list hard to believe.

However, if it is correct, perhaps the reason Mulrooney was left off (but Corrales was on - unbelievable!) is because of the recent death of his mother and perhaps he declined?

And if it is correct, I'm happy to see Brian Mullan on there.

9. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This roster is obvoiusly a red haring designed to confuse the Jamacians..because that is apparently what we do with Jamacia.

Or at least incomplete, glad to see Spector getting a call up for camp Hope to see him on the match day roster and some PT.

10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

I see this as the starting lineup unless Kasey Keller starts. The midfield and forwards look good to me. I also like Martino and Clark getting called in. Corrales is just a warm body for practice, DON'T PANIC!!! The back line looks VERY SUSPECT, however. Suarez won't play I hope. Can't we also insert Pablo in Central Defense? Also, Ricardo Clark played at right back for some time for the Metros this year. He seems to be quite a flexible player. Anyway, I was hoping for a Central Defense partnership of Gooch and Gibbs, with Spector on the left and Russell on the right. Oh well. Albright must have some pictures of Arena with a DC United secretary. He's OK I guess, but shouldn't we be looking at some other guys?

11. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    I thought about the box midfield as well, and tihs is the most likely lineup if we go that way. Frankly, I'd love to see this.

Another box 442 possibility:

------------Cannon
    Albright-Gooch-Spector-Convey
    --------Mastro-Clark
    ----Donovan---Dempsey/Martino
    ----------EJ-McBride

Either way, I see Albright as our starting right back. I'll be very interested to see how he does defensively against a tall, physical Jamaica.

12. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    I got word from a person in Brussells that follows Liege that Gooch is supposedly on his way to the USA for the Jamaica match. Makes sense as Standard don't have another game until the 20th and I think their next league game is the 27th.

I trust this as there would be no reason for him to make it up.

So while that list is suspect - or maybe Bruce was drunk when he did it- I expect to see Onyewu against the Jamaicans.

13. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Keller has been loaned to Southhampton and is supposed to start saturday against Portsmouth. He should still be able to come to camp sunday but I wonder if The Bruce will leave him off the roster now.

14. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    4 keepers and apparently Spector are no joke. See the cryptic response from Stone on Chat wrap last night:

Rob Stone: (5:41 PM ET ) Alot of folks want to know this, but US Soccer does not want this info out right now. That's Bruce Arena's call, and you have to respect it. Having said that, I know who is in camp, and while not giving away any hints, I will drop a few teases here. It is not solely an MLS based roster...there are 4 keepers in camp, one from overseas. And there is one European based youngster who has never earned a cap in camp...Sorry to do that to you, but you'll have to watch Wednesday night to get the whole roster...it is an interesting one though.

15. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or if Southampton would even allow him to go, given the length of the injury list at that position there. Something like the top two 'keepers are out with injuries, as well as at least one of the club's reserve-club 'keepers as well.

Under these circumstances, the Saints need him a lot more than we do. And with the cover of three other goalkeepers in camp, I'm sure Bruce would understand enough to keep him over there.

Links from the Yanks Abroad board:

From skysports.com

From Southampton's official site

16. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These unofficial rosters are put out just to increase page hits (and advertising revenue) for BigSoccer!

17. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Very strange roster indeed. Are Twellman, Russell, and Gaven hurt? I know that at least Twellman and Russell were called up. Bad luck for those two. Its seems every time they get called in they get injured. This would have been the perfect game to showcase their talents. Albright over Hejduk at Columbus seems rather strange to me. Suarez and Califf were obviously called up because Marshall got hurt against NE and Jimmy Conrad is playing in the final. Besides the exclusion of Gaven, I agree with the midfield selections. Ramiro Corrales deserves an extended look because he's a skillful player who gives us a physical presence. He's also dangerous on set pieces. Cunningham over Buddle is another head scratcher. Obviously Twellman or Esky would have been selected over him if available. With no traditional left winger on the roster other than Convey who will have to play left back, I think we'll go with this lineup:

-----------Cannon
    Albright-Gooch-Califf-Convey
    --------Mastro-Clark
    -----Donovan---Martino
    ----------EJ-Ching

18. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh hell no! :mad:

19. TAKK

TAKK New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Smart business move. Wouldn't doubt it.

CAliff, Albright still ='s.......shivers

20. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    That list is bogus...Ridge Mahoney should be embarassed.

21. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What little soccer press there is in America should be embarassed that we don't know who gets called in for a WCQ. God forbid those of us who care are allowed to have information.

Either the list is right and it is a ridiculous mess, or the list is wrong and there is no real soccer press. "Respect his wishes". What a load of garbage.

22. datdood

datdood New Member

Nov 6, 2004
    Melbourne
    Berhalter should never get another call. He's the type of player that makes all of us think we can hang with the National Team. He's just terrible.

23. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Yes, it is nice to see Brian Mullan on the team. He's been the best right winger in MLS this year. He's vastly underrated by people on these boards. Mullan could be a real impact player for the US off the bench. He certainly brings more to the table than Cobi.

24. datdood

datdood New Member

Nov 6, 2004
    Melbourne
    It can't be complete with only four defenders listed.

25. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, because all of us could run right out and start in defense for a 2.Bundesliga club.

:rolleyes: