USA-Mexico -- When will tickets go on sale??

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by PhillyQuakesFan, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget that LA had one earlier this year.

2. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Indeed, SLC is 1.55m flying time from LAX, more than the 1h10m that Columbus is from NY. But, this game is being taken out of the closest thing we have to a home park- which Columbus is, for better or worse. If it is indeed in SLC, it is incumbent on LA, SFO & other western cities to get to SLC the way NY, DC & Boston get to Columbus.

It needs to be remembered that this is a "once every four years" game, not just another annual cash grab friendly, whose win we can either take for granted or just ignore as a speedbump if we hiccup. West coasters not going because it isn't convenient isn't an option. And east coasters have to do what they can to get out there too. If you take the home field support as seriously in real life as we do on a message board, we all have to suck it up and make the effort. I plan to be there.

3. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    1994-2003 - World Cup Finals

East of the Mississippi River - 0
    West of the Mississippi River - 3 ('94, '99, '03)

I call Giants Stadium dibs on our 2018 candidacy....:D

Seriously, I'm all for spreading these games out, but the Mexico game is special. US Soccer should be putting that game to it's best advantage on the field first, in the stands second, though of course they go somewhat hand in hand. If SLC is now that place, if Columbus blew it, fair enough. I just don't know why we're messing with success and giving our boys futher to fly just to play at altitude. SLC has had a hex game, and did well with 40k vs. Costa Rica in 2005. Not hating on the place, just not in love with this particular decision.

To me, the east of mississippi factor has largely to do with two things not named east coast bias: proximity to Europe & home support. If Europe switched places with Hawaii & we had the same support/winning record in SFO that we've had at RFK or Foxboro, I think that 18-3 number would be reversed. I've been to USA games in LA. For whatever reason, and I'm not blaming LA people here, but USA games in the corridor (NE, NY, DC) seem to be more passionate in the USA fan end. It's not a knock, just an observation. If this game is in SLC, it's got to be 90 minutes of sheer noise, not the 90 minutes of road flares & thundersticks we saw in the western conference final four weeks ago.

4. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll echo this statement, LA, SFO, etc. need to show up and represent if the match ends up in SL. I'll be at this match as long as it's played in this hemisphere though, I've already traveled to LA and DC for qualifiers this year, so it's not the worst trip.

5. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The SCB will be bringing a 20x30 US flag, two drums, and multiple flags/banners to hang up.

The guys in SLC will have to take over planning the pub crawl and pre game activities, but everyone should do their part at this match to make it special. Bring streamers, flags, banners, and sing and chant for 90 minutes.

6. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    people are far more important than a big flag and some drums. at the WCQ in LA this year, the SCB didnt bring many people although the ones that were there did their absolute best to host.

7. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are well aware of this. The qualifier in LA was against barbados, and came the morning after a large majoity of LA fans returned from a day long road trip.

This game is completely different. This game brings out the best in everyone, we just need to make sure that we are all there and every fan travelling to this match comes and brings the noise and atmosphere for the full 90.

Chase
    SCB

8. pquery

pquery New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Clinton, IA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's going to be the best way to get a ticket for this game if the USSF registration on ussoccerfan is not working?

9. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    You can get tickets through Sam's Army, American Outlaws or the USSF once they announce ticketing. There will be presale passwords released on this board whether or not the registration is working.

10. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Don't share passwords on the boards for this game. We do NOT want to help Mexican supporters get tickets.

11. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats what I was thinking.

12. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    When the USSF releases ticket presale information it has sections available for USA Supporters, Away Supporters and neutrals. It is perfectly reasonable to not want publicly released presale info but it is naive to think that it will do anything to prevent Away supporters from having access to tickets. They can sign up on USSF just like anyone else.

13. pquery

pquery New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Clinton, IA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand not wanting to share passwords, I was just asking as I have been unable to sign up for a good 2-3 months now on the ussoccerfan site. Thanks for everyones help.

14. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True but there is a time frame like two months where any new members who signed up within two months can not buy presale tickets. I know it wouldn't take an extremely smart Mexican support get around this by signing up knowing that we play them every year anyways.

15. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    I have signed up for tickets through the Mexican Federation and have bought tickets to matches through their sales, similarly I have done that with other sports. If away supporters want to get into a stadium they will get in.

16. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Regardless, how about we keep quiet about it anyway. In case it helps US.

17. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    completely agree. There are mexicans in their forums using that info to sign up to get tickets.

We will not speak of this again .:cool::cool:

18. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    if we as US supporters can get enough people to the match then it doesnt really matter who has the info. if we cant get enough people then the opposing team deserves to dominate the stands in my opinion.

19. HogDaddy

HogDaddy Member

Mar 27, 2001
    St. Charles, MO

But if US fans can't get tickets because opposing fans have already purchased them, that does not help. We don't want opposing fans on the US soccer e-mailing lists. That's one more opportunity that we don't want them to have.

20. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    definitely, which is why Rio Tinto ( or any smaller venue ) is perfect for US-Mexico.

20,000 US fans, especially in a place like SLC , where in 2005 there were over 40,000 US fans, should be pretty easy to get.

21. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    does Fifa require that a certain number (or percentage) of tickets be made available to the visiting federation/fans for WCQs?

Sandy, UT is as good a place as any (if not better) when trying to ensure the most passionate pro-US crowd as possible. but in any scenario there will be fans cheering the visiting team. the key is to significantly out-number them and out-cheer them.

22. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Reminder that now people will be coming out of the woodwork. Lots of new posters asking about tickets. Don't help or sell tickets to anyone unless you know they are a US supporter :)

ITS ON

23. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    How does Sam's Army usually handle qualifiers? Do they offer tickets based on who is currently a member and has purchased SA tickets in the past? Or does someone who signs up today get the same priority? Although I guess this is the only fixture where it comes in to play.

24. PhillyQuakesFan

PhillyQuakesFan New Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Delaware County, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question--did anyone get an e-mail from the USSF regarding this announcement?? I didn't, and I think I'm on their e-mail list but I'm not 100% certain.