USA-Mexico -- When will tickets go on sale??

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by PhillyQuakesFan, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is it.
    [​IMG]

2. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Do you see a stage in that picture?

3. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes sure I do smart ass. It has bleachers on it.

4. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your picture is what the stadium looked like pre-stage. This is the stage:

[​IMG]

5. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My bad. Sorry Snake.

6. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    That's a rendering of the stage. Not the actual stage.

7. Cade

Cade Member

Jul 7, 2008
  8. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By selling tickets in the US supporters section only through SA and AO, do you think there will be less US supporters in the north end with us ? There are many fans who are probably only watching USsoccer.com for ticket info, and who otherwise might want to be in the supporters section .

I think it is great how the USSF is doing this, cause I think if any mexican fans end up in the north end, they will be small in number , but I just hope as many US fans are possible are standing and singing the whole 90 for this one.

9. Scottcn6423

Scottcn6423 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. the_tayjay

the_tayjay New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    I just got a $179/night room for $55/night at the Hyatt Downtown thanks to priceline.

11. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    i had asked about this earlier and gotten conflicting answers. i plan on sitting in the supporters section but not buying tickets through SA/AO.

it seems that USSF might do a supporters presale, if so then your question is answered. if not, then i think that there would be fewer supporters in the supporters section. i am still waiting info from the USSF on tickets.

12. Xarbitro

Xarbitro Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    On the stage we're gonna be under a roof, just like a Premier League game. Bloody cool.

13. dynamite98

dynamite98 New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here. Any idea on how much you're expecting to spend per ticket? I would imagine that there should still be a decent quantity of tickets left if they're giving supporters one end and giving tickets to Crew season ticket holders.

14. JcUSA

JcUSA New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought I might share this with everyone because it has not been mentioned yet :
    From Sam's Army Website: The Sam's Army/U.S. Supporters section is the North End Line Stage area at Crew Stadium and it will be a STANDING General Admission area. There will NOT be any seat numbers on the tickets.

I think its very cool that its Standing only.

15. US Allen 23

US Allen 23 Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that I have any info on this event, but against T&T in Chicago, the only way to get tickets in the supporters section was to go through SA or AO.

Besides even if USSF put sold tix to the supporters section, you would pay way more for the ticket with all of the ticketmaster charges.

Just buy from SA/AO and be done with it.

-G-

16. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few partial pics of the stage (and net):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That net wil be taken down by CCS....

Or cut down by SA/AO

:D

18. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008

i was able to get tickets for the T&T Chicago match through someone who bought a bulk number of tickets through USSF just like SA/AO does. that way we were all able to stand in the supporters section.

19. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Over $50 per ticket, plus air/hotel/car...

Is Obama doing a soccer fan bailout economic stimulus package too??

20. GauchoYoungin

GauchoYoungin Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Or we could do what UCSB did when we won the National Championship (check youtube), but I'm not sure there is a beach near by. :D

21. dcScotty

dcScotty Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did enjoy that video. You guys deserved that title.

We (Maryland) brought home the goal posts from Cary, and will again from Frisco this year.

22. mpetrik

mpetrik Member

May 17, 2004
    East Bay
    ussoccer.com shows the game time at 7pm...and it will be on the deuce/univision.

23. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    At least we know US/Mexico > Xavier/Dayton

24. oncegifted

oncegifted New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Is it typical for the game to be a month away and tickets arent even available yet, ticketmaster shows no evidence of any soccer game being playing in the greater Columbus area in the next 90 days, and there is no mention that I can find of any game on the Columbus Crew Stadium website? I am getting anxious and dont wanna miss out on getting seats.

25. dynamite98

dynamite98 New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supposedly they are getting all the tickets needed for Supporter groups, Sam's Army, American Outlaws, etc. Then they'll be offered up to Crew Season Tickets holders. After that, I think they go public. Supposedly, the supporters will all be on the North End. Some are saying that it'll be nearly impossibly to get public tickets, but after subtracting the North End, I doubt there are enough Crew season ticket holders to fill up the rest of the stadium of 22,555. Does anyone know if the 22,555 figure includes the North End? I would doubt it. I would think that around 15,000 would be available to the public. Am I wrong?