US women soccer players want equal pay to US men's team.

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by SUDano, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, much of the rest of the world is equally imprecise. I know I will not change things but I very much prefer accuracy to vagueness.

2. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Then you should always specify to WHICH United States you are referring, since there's a pretty big one on the same continent as the one in which you reside.

US is ambiguous to your very own standards.

asoc, Kejsare, majspike and 1 other person repped this.
  3. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had no idea the official name of Mexico is “the United Mexican States” until I read this post and looked it up. Thanks for learning me a thing!

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NID, I'm pretty confident you made this up. Please prove me wrong with a link.

5. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    So you want us to spend hours, on top of the hours some of us have already spent on the subject, investigating something that we suspect is fabricated. Yeah, I'll pass.

Quoting for irony.

6. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is one of the few arguments that I am convinced 100% drains intelligence from the internet rapidly without a single valid angle.

Canadian players and fans are not American. You can tell us differently, but you are still wrong.

theboogeyman repped this.
  7. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're making the assertion. At least name some examples.

It's much easier to prove this is true than to disprove it. If it's true, you should be able to name a few examples quite quickly. If it's not true, then disproving it requires examining the structures of 200 federations, because even if someone examines half of all FIFA member federations and finds zero nationalized federations, there will still be a hundred more that haven't been looked at.

8. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    noel R repped this.
  10. soccermilitant

soccermilitant Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    St.paul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like there nose deep in the woke coke

noel R and theboogeyman repped this.
  11. PJ234

PJ234 Member

DC united
    United States
    Oct 17, 2021
    And what's wrong with equal pay? I have no issue with that. Hopefully the players get what they want.

schrutebuck repped this.
  12. PJ234

PJ234 Member

DC united
    United States
    Oct 17, 2021
    Man this anti woke stuff is on this message board too? ☹️

13. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Yeah. US Men's players are in tears, absolutely drowning in them, over the shrinking of a one-time bonus that they have no guarantee of ever receiving (since it's tough to make a World Cup squad). Despite the fact that their club contracts and career earnings far surpass what any of the Women are able to get and turn a one-time bonus like this into a pittance, they are basically catatonic right now. The Men should be fighting to the death for these bonuses!

If people think that USSF's money needs to be re-directed away from players? That's fine, though rather curious and convenient since I suspect a lot of the people, though not all, who make this argument only started making it in the last few years.

And if other national teams in the Western world see dissension because of the US example? Good.

gomichigan24 repped this.
  14. theboogeyman

theboogeyman Member+

Jun 21, 2010
    Why not pay janitors the same as doctors? Or WNBA players as much as NBA players?

Kejsare and noel R repped this.
  15. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Congratulations on defeating an argument almost no one here has made.

16. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    It matters because despite all of the bitching in this thread and on the Internet about this topic, the players have certainly come across as absolutely fine with the course of events.

17. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Shucks, interested parties have interests! Go figure.

18. PJ234

PJ234 Member

DC united
    United States
    Oct 17, 2021
    #5794 PJ234, Mar 12, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    It's different though. The international teams are gonna give these players more attention than their clubs. I'm not saying they should get equal pay for club. And that janitor to doctor example makes no sense my dude

19. jmplautz

jmplautz Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Madison
    This was never about equal pay. They wanted a taste of the men's world cup money. Which is a significantly higher payout than what the women get. They were in a politically advantageous position to negotiate for it and so they did. Originally they wanted the USSF to equalize the payments to what the men's World Cup winners get. The USSF wouldn't be able to cover those payouts. And no sponsor was willing to give it to them. They then wanted the USSF to sue FIFA for equal pay. With the USSF bidding to host World Cups, that was a non-starter. The men were willing to acquiesce to the women on splitting payouts 50/50 and so here we are. The first time the men get a cut of the women's World Cup money, shit's going to hit the fan.

Kejsare, unclesox and theboogeyman repped this.
  20. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You accidentally'd a pretty key word there.

21. PJ234

PJ234 Member

DC united
    United States
    Oct 17, 2021
    The women's game is growing so I have no issue with players getting more pay and attention.

FanOfFutbol repped this.
  22. theboogeyman

theboogeyman Member+

Jun 21, 2010
    These are all different jobs. The janitor and doctor example underscores that point. You bring up attention, but the guys get a lot more attention than the women, which is why they generate a lot more cash.

23. PJ234

PJ234 Member

DC united
    United States
    Oct 17, 2021
    Nothing is Hitting the fan. Stop overreacting

Gamecock14 repped this.
  24. jmplautz

jmplautz Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Madison
    The shit never hits that fan until it does. With the way the women have waged this negotiation so publicly, to think there wouldn't be a vocal opposition would be sticking your head in the sand.

noel R repped this.