US vs. Mexico, March 27 viewing

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Mglnbea, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Mglnbea

Mglnbea Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping to drive down to SoCal, meet up with my son who's coming up from San Diego, and watch the US-Mexico WCQing match on March 27. Where would be a good place to watch this game? Obviously, we're looking for a soccer friendly location that would have a pro-US environment.
    Any suggestions?

2. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends where exactly you're going to be. West LA? The Valley? OC?

3. Mglnbea

Mglnbea Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm completely open to your, and others, suggestions. I've been to the Rose Bowl and the Coliseum many times to watch the US team play, but I don't think I've ever been to a sports bar, or its equivalent, in SoCal to watch a game. Since I'm driving down from NorCal, and my son is coming up from San Diego, we're meeting up for the express purpose of watching US-Mexico, together, in March. We'd like to be in a positive, rockin', US soccer environment!
    Ideas?

4. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually go the Shamrock in Newport Beach for some of my viewing. It's a little dive Irish bar on PCH right next to Balboa Bay. Can't say it'll be rocking but they've always accomodated to my viewing choice.

5. Snapshotgalaxian

Snapshotgalaxian New Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Orange, CA
    What time is the game? Shamrock is a little too quiet unfortunately but a nice pub. It would be nice if we could get an actual viewing party together. Its been awhile. Wish the stadium club would open. I know some like Fox & Hounds in Studio City. Wouldn't mind going back to Pasadena if we got a viewing party there. Time to get the buzz out.

W/o the MLS schedule we don't know if there are Sunday games.

6. Snapshotgalaxian

Snapshotgalaxian New Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Another possibility is the soccer garage in the Valley. I haven't been yet but Karl has his garage devoted to watching soccer with like-minded people.

Here's his info for the TNT game tomorrow. You can ask him if he'll have the Mexico game on.
    ------
    Since most of us have to work for a living and cannot see this game live at 11:30am on ESPN2, we will be showing it in the evening.

Here's the scoop:

What: World Cup Qualifying - CONCACAF/Eliminatoria CONCACAF
    Who: Trinidad vs United States/Estados Unidos
    When: Wed Feb 09
    Time: 7:30pm
    Where: The Soccer Garage
    2951 Molly Court
    Newbury Park 91320
    805 499 6719

Bring your favorite beverages and/or snacks
    TheSoccerGarage@aol.com