US vs. Honduras {R}

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by IMOX77, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Squash

Squash Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Exactly and it's not my words, but that's not important. Most people have a right to change their mind, that doesn't mean they don't have higher goals. I don't see that as a whipping boy, i see that as motivated. I have more respect for players that aim high rather than low, but I'm sure they all make choices in order to help themselves. I believe all of the above made good choices, and he may do the same. Is it good or bad, only they know and they do what is right for themselves. Anyone calling a 16 year old a whipping boy to start with needs to get off the sofa.

2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Squash, do you know if Preston is eligible somehow for an EU passport?

3. Squash

Squash Member

Mar 8, 2003
    I have no idea, because I've never asked. To be honest, i personally just find him to be a great kid, a great player, and someone with goals that are higher than most. I wasn't trying to offend anyone on here by saying playing in europe is a goal of his. He also aspire to play for his country on the men's national team...does that make him a whipping boy as was stated by another poster.

Even if i asked, and yes he'd be honest and tell me. I wouldn't share the info on here. I think I've learned my lesson and some things are better left in the dark.

4. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Gerd Zimmerman a relative??

IIRC, he was on Soccer Made in Germany a few times.

5. PScott8502

PScott8502 Member

Oct 12, 2002
    50th state
    The reason the poster made the comment that you were setting Zimmerman up to be BigSoccer's new whipping boy (see b. Convey) was that you attributed him with the attitude of thinking of MLS in a poor manner. Some people would read that and take offence to a quote such as that, and thus he would be hated before ever kicking a ball professionally.

6. E. & P.

E. & P. New Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Interesting to hear from the US Soccer write-ups, echoed by Sigi's post-game quotes, that Marvell Wynne (particularly) and also Freeman and Dalby were three of the better players tonight. Good to see some young, athletic college defenders playing well. If anybody knows anything more about Wynne (who I suspect is the son of the '80s Padres and Pirates outfielder of the same name), I'd be much obliged. Is he a legitimate prospect for this iteration of the U-20s, and (looking ahead a little bit) for MLS? Is he likely a fullback at the next level?

7. TAKK

TAKK New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Remember that cannon?

His penalties made keepers try to get out of the balls way so their heads wouldn't be taken off. Soccer balls back then really hurt when they hit you, not like the sting you get from these new synthetic balls today.

8. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep! :eek:

9. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    do you know if zimmerman is jewish btw? just out of curiosity

10. Squash

Squash Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Maybe look at his photos, you'd have your answer :)

11. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    haven't found any photos of him, besdies one of his back, but that doesnt help much