US v. T&T DC Viewing

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Colonial717, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Colonial717

Colonial717 New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    Well I don't have class that day so I am going to watch the game at Summer's considering I live in Arlington and can walk there. Is anyone else free or planning on watching it somewhere in the area. Can I put up Summer's as the place to watch the game? Or on the other hand I could be convinced to watch it elsewhere if we get a crowd of say 5 of 6 considering it is in the middle of a work day.

2. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The game is at 2:30, right? I might be able to make it out for this one after class...

3. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm thinking Lucky Bar.There's a thread in DC supporters forum - here's my post:

4. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be working downtown, so I'm thinking I'll mosy on over to the ESPNZone

no cover for me, thanks

5. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Do they have huge screens? Are you sure they'll show the game? (stranger things have happened)

6. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I have to give an oral report worht 25% of my garde on Wednesday right in the middle of the WCQ and my professor has refused to change it despite all my begging.

7. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You know what you must do.

Stay home and watch the damn game, then go to the doctors and get a note :)

8. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    You know what you must do - tape/tivo and watch after you get your garde it will be worht it - luckily it will be an oral report! :p

9. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    If it was my political philosophy class it wouldn't be a problem as my prof is from Liverpool and considers a soccer game a reason to miss class. He actually cancelled class when Liverpool had that do or die match against Olympiakos so he could listen to a radio feed. But I have no such luck, I'll just have to grin and bear it.

10. Colonial717

Colonial717 New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    Okay, well my friend gets done with class at GMU at 2:30 so he will be back in time for the second half and wants to go to summers. I am trying to initiate him into the soccer culture here in the US of A and he has never been to summers before and wants to go. So I guess I am going there, even if I will be drinking stella by myself for the first half. Anyone that wants to come is officially invited. Hopefully, per the previous post there will not be a cover for us US watchers. I am drunk. Have fune and Goodbye.

11. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Thanks for clarifying that you were drunk, Bro. Coz I think that you misunderstood the previous post if you think that Joe ain't gonna charge a cover at Summers.

I understand that he will. Or you will have to buy at least $10 of Stella on Wednesday. I'm sure you can handle that...

12. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    For all who are worried about buying $10 worth of beer, come sit next to me - I'm sure that I can drink your $10 worth (or at least a couple of guys).

13. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    I'm all about LUCKY BAR.

I'll be decked out in full regalia on the metro and should be at lucky bar by like 2:15.

I'm gonna call over there and see if I can get a guarantee that the US game will be on the big screen and that we'll get sound. Seeing as it's a day game, shouldn't be a problem.

There is no cover charge - you simply have to spend $10. You can't go to EspnZone and not spend $10 - a glass of water is like $8.95.

14. TerryDCU

TerryDCU New Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Lucky Bar isn't opening until 2:30 for the games. I've been hanging around for an hour.

See you in awhile.

15. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    I'm working downtown and will be at The Luck. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!