US v. Jamaica pregame tailgate

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by HartwickFan, Jul 14, 2005.

1. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    I'm planning on making the trip up to Foxboro on Saturday to meet a few friends and watch the U.S. v. Jamaica game. Does anyone know where the Sam's Army/Midnight Riders tailgate will be? And will we be able to park in that area? I seem to remember at some other game I saw at Foxboro having to show the guard some kind of pass or something to get into the Midnight Riders tailgate area. We purchased our tickets through the Midnight Riders, but are picking them up at the will call window.

Also, are people planning on tailgating before the 1:00 game, or skipping the 1:00 match and tailgating instead?

2. nedigital

nedigital Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Mass
    and will security bust balls in the parking lot, considering the "event" starts at 1PM ?

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Some details here: http://www.sams-army.com/index.php?Mlist=event&Mid=75

Gillette Stadium parking lots will open at 11:00AM.

I'll let Monty chime in with his suggestions about getting into the tailgate-area.

In the meantime, I have to start thinking about what to bring for the grill :)

The Magpie

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Security will not bother us if we're still outside during the 1pm game (which I'm planning on skipping). I'll be tailgating from 11 till about 3, and it would be great if we could go in as a group at 3.

Parking with the Riders ... the parking guys have been informed that if you tell them you are with Sam's Army for this match, you will be allowed to join the Riders tailgate!

Hope to see everyone there!

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Ah, and you see why we have faith in El Presidente!

[​IMG]

The Magpie

6. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will order your execution at some point. :p

7. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will someone be "holding down The Fort" during the first game? Or is the hope that most of the Honduras and Costa Rica fans will leave after the first game?

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny thing is we actually have "Defend the Fort" shirts we're currently selling. :)

We are working on this currently. The hope is that security will assist us in not allowing anyone into the first 5 or so rows of the Fort during the first game.

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Monty,

This isn't meant as a criticism, but I don't know if there will be much security can do in this respect. Yes, we can do some things to try and "stake our claim," but I don't have any faith that the Costa Rican or Honduran fans will respect it. Judging by comments from some fans who took in the U.S. vs. Costa Rica match, it sounds like many of the Tico supporters just took over seats that weren't general admission...

That being said, it might be good to explore some meausure of a contingency plan, especially if additional seating won't be opened up, and if the fans from Game #1 decide not to leave.

I.e., if we find The Fort taken over by Ticos and Hondurans who don't want to move, then it might be good to brainstorm as to what other options may exist, if any.

The Magpie

10. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be in the Fort for the first game! Another afternoon of "You Suck Morass" is just too tempting to turn down!!!

I will do my very best to fend off the nasty Ticos and Hondurans....Although a few of those muskets the minutemen tote around might be helpful!!! ;)

Let's just hope the US puts the Varsity Team on the field.......

Mike

11. Aquarius21

Aquarius21 New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Save two seats for me! My dad and I are skipping the first game but will definately be there to cheer on the US. Also, anyone know where I can get a US flag before tomorrow? I figured I'd check local pharmacies, but I was wondering if anyone here had better suggestions.

12. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999

any walmart, and home depot or lowes. Ask for them, they'll have them.

13. Aquarius21

Aquarius21 New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. I'll definately check there :)

14. Supersuperman99

Supersuperman99 New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Man you guys are lucky up in NE you guys will see our nat. team aleast three times this year its all good still hoing they drop by L.A. some time soon. I just hope you guys do a great job of supporting our team you guys should try to hang as many old glories as you can so it could defenitly look like a pro US crowd good luck MNRs and S's A

15. cyn0979

cyn0979 New Member

Jun 9, 2005
    Queens, NY
    I got mine at Pathmark, a local supermarket. You can also go to Models or other supporting goods stores, they usually have them by the counter.

16. Clinton AFC

Clinton AFC New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Clinton
    Just sealed the deal and will be motoring out from Upstate NY to Cambridge, MA, tomorrow AM with #1 Son in tow.

We'll check into our hotel then drive down to Foxboro in enough time to beat traffic and hopefully grab a beer or three and a hot dog with you guys before the US match.

It's very spur of the moment but I'm glad to be seeing our squad again live in person. I found out I'm scheduled to work next weekend when the US (ins'allah) plays in NJ. :(

Worse news, though; I'm also now scheduled for the Columbus weekend! :eek:

If I didn't have this soccer habit, I wouldn't need the job. :rolleyes:

See you tomorrow. GO USA!