US Team at the White House?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by nancyb, Jul 31, 2002.

1. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to cybersoccer

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/newthread.php?action=newthread&forumid=13

the National Team will have a White House audience with the Prez on Friday. Anybody here work on the Hill or in the Executive Office who could get folks in for the greeting party? I used to work for the Executive Office and this was one of the perks of the job.

2. chayes

chayes New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    I'm on the Hill, I'm working on getting myself in now, others come later :)

3. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Hmm. I wonder how this jives with the scheduled practice and autograph sessions in Germantown (at least an hour away) on Friday?

4. mkpage

mkpage Member

Jun 9, 1999
    Alexandria, VA
    No Dice

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the meeting between President Bush and the USNT will not be on the South Lawn. On Friday, the meeting will take place in the Oval Office and, therefore, will not be open to White House staff and their guests.

From what I hear it'll be just a meeting between the team and the President, plus the obligatory photo shoot.

5. chayes

chayes New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    The meeting is scheduled for the morning.
    W is leaving around lunch to go to Kennebunkport for the weekend then to the ranch in Crawford for the rest of the month.

6. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice work if you can get it.

7. chayes

chayes New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    Yeah, but think about it... you've got 280 million whiny constituents who are never satisfied no matter what you do and you only get paid $400k.

I mean geez... Etcheverry makes that much and he doesn't have to play defense.

8. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously the USMT group will be in the later signing sessions. Not sure how effects practice.

K

9. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    I don't know how much you get paid, but to me this is a lot of money...That and the perks of having one of the worlds largest nuclear arsenal's at your beck and call... :)