US - Spain @ Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA

Discussion in 'Philadelphia, PA' started by Union SoB, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Union SoB

Union SoB Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Seaport Drive
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just picked up my tickets through AO - anyone else planning on heading up?

2. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    A friend and I are thinking about it but it seems more troublesome than its worth.

3. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Troublesome?!? Bah! Come on now!

4. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    it is. too much traveling. hassle to get to the stadium etc. I'll get my futbol fix between the gold cup games and copa america. Now if you have something that won't be a total headache. I'll be interested.

5. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take the train to Penn Station (thru trenton etc...) then get onto Metro North. takwe that to the end in New Haven. Walk to Anna Liffy's pub, have a pint, hope on board, and continue drinking... arrive comfortably at the tail gate...

OK, so its a pain in the ass, but its US Soccer, and its against the WC Champs, and its one of the rare times that we are fully the home team with a good chance of winning

The US has a 16-1-5 record in matches played in Foxborough since 1991. The only US defeat was a 2-0 loss to The Netherlands in the opening game at Gillette Stadium (then CMGI Field) May 19, 2002.

6. m4mento7

m4mento7 Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    2 of my friends and I are planning on going just haven't ironed out the details, ie transportation. If anybody has any good ideas would love to hear!

7. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AO Boston, AO Providence, and AO Hartford are all running buses from their respective cities. If you can just get to one of the main cities and get on the bus you should be all set. Buses shouldn't be more than $20 a head for this game.

8. m4mento7

m4mento7 Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    Unofficial chapter Central Jersey are running a bus trip that a few of my buddies and I are probably going to go with. Contact aocentraljersey@gmail.com.

9. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    could you provide some of the details?

10. m4mento7

m4mento7 Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    As of right now It's $50 round trip but the more people that commit the cheaper the price. It is leaving around 8am to get there in time to tailgate w AO. Alcohol isn't included in price but they are working on it. Email them for more info they will be more helpful!

11. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    busses are nice but with 57,500+ tickets sold is there really no direct train service?

12. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is train service from South Station. Go to Boston.TheAmericanOutlaws.com for more info on transportation options.

13. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gillette website says there is a train for $15 on board.

MBTA website says there is a train for $15 // ROUNDTRIP // in ADVANCE.
    http://www.mbta.com/about_the_mbta/news_events/?id=21737&month=&year=
    http://www.mbta.com/uploadedfiles/Smart_Forms/News,_Events_and_Press_Releases/Soccer_train_June4.pdf

The AO site, on the other hand, just says:
    TRAIN SERVICE : Turns out the MBTA will be running a bus from Boston to Foxboro.

Period.

I JUST LOVE communication breakdowns. Somebody's not on the right page. Looks like the MBTA links are the most informative. It would be nice if the AO linked to their statement.

I'll bet a lot of monthly pass holders will be outraged or at least surprised by the upcharge. To me, they should have to pay half price or at least $10 or $12. No sense in encouraging people drive to this game.