US Replica Jersey

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Metros Striker10, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Do the new US Replica Jerseys (by Nike) have two layers like the jerseys the players used in the World Cup? And are the US, and Nike logos screen printed, or are they patches?

Thanks.

2. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sewen?
    Well, I think they're just one layer but I can't say for sure on the screen printing issue. But if you want that two-layer thing you'll probably have to pony up for an authentic.

3. Aidaen

Aidaen Member

Aug 24, 2002
    East Lansing, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When will be able to get those jerseys? It seems like everyone is out of stock, and these were the best jerseys out of any WC the U.S has been involved in by far. Remember 94? *gag*

4. NC_ODP02

NC_ODP02 New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    NC, USA
    over the summer while I was at a soccer store, I asked the lady working there why I couldn't find any USA jerseys. She said that Nike had stoped making them...I dont know if this is true and they will release them again, but it really sucks if they wont ever put these back on shelves....

5. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you have to hunt for them on the internet. for example, I think the metrostars website is selling them (and I think you get a free clint mathis autograph). but they're out there, you just have to look hard. also, check out ebay. many of them are there.

6. UncleSam527

UncleSam527 Member

Jan 14, 2002
    www.ussoccerstore.com has them in SMALLs only.
    www.soccerplus.net has them in all sizes, I believe. You can also have them personalized, with (once again, not sure) the authentic font.

Last but not least, no. The replica shirt does not have both layers.

7. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    The Replica Jerseys (I am actually wearing a Large Blue right now) are two layers. The under layer is a very comfy layer of soft mesh. The US Soccer shield and the Nike emblem are both patched onto the Jersey. The outer layer is all waterproof with the exception of the breathing mesh areas. Water will literally slide right off the jersey. It's pretty cool. I don't think i could get the outer layer wet by dunking it in a pool.

8. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Re: Re: US Replica Jersey

I'm pretty sure you are wearing an authentic jersey not a replica.

9. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do the sizes run for the replicas? I'd like to get it customized, but don't want to ruin the order. I'm 5'9'', 155lbs and am looking for a normal fit - not hip hop baggy, but not Italian Kappa jersey tight. Is a medium the best bet?

Thanks,
    Charles

10. BallStateMiddie

BallStateMiddie New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    In case anybody's looking on eBay, at least the ones being sold from guys in Thailand, etc., are fakes. I bought one, swearing up and down it was the real thing, but alas, I was wrong. Definitely ripoffs.

11. halfnorsk

halfnorsk New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Go for a large. I'm practically the same size (5'10", 165lbs) and every soccer jersey I've bought (Umbros and Nikes) has been a large and has fit me perfectly.

12. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good idea to avoid anything from Thailand ... movies et al. but I noticed the same thing. Telltale sign was that there was no Nike logo on the front.

13. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Thanks for all the info!!

There's a lot of replica jerseys on Ebay made by the official brand for REALLY good prices. I've found US jerseys for around 15-25 dollars.

14. nadpolice9

nadpolice9 New Member

Nov 26, 2001
    Boston , MA
    these jerseys were made bynike especially for the "rainy" weather in korea. so i would assume the usmnt would stop wearing them and either go back to the old jerseys (which are awesome) or get new ones.

15. NC_ODP02

NC_ODP02 New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    NC, USA
    I dont think so....Manchester United, Barcelona FC, Inter Milan......and many other European clubs are wearing the same style jersey as all of the Nike sponsored National teams did. The jerseys were made for Humid/Wet weather because they are light and breathable....and while England and much of Europe is wet...it isnt exactly warm during the season......

16. BallStateMiddie

BallStateMiddie New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    While I don't know exactly which ones you're looking at, I'd venture a guess that with prices like that, they're probably fakes too. The one I got looks EXACTLY like the real one, down to the embroidered patch and Nike symbol. Even after I got it, I could swear that it was real. It was only after I had it for a few weeks that I started noticing the difference.

17. ManUisthebest

ManUisthebest New Member

Sep 18, 2002
    E-bay jerseys real thing

The Jerseys on e-bay are the real thing. BE CAREFULL THOUGH you have to get the right ones some are cheap rip-offs and dont have the logos. I just got a man-u jersey and Its awesome. It cost me $25 and it has the real numbers. With Beckham Number #7 on the back. It has the Felt letters with the F.A. Premiership logo on it. As for the vodofone logo it is on in the same type stuff. The real stuff. When i got the jersey it had the niki tags on it, saying it was the dri-fit material.

18. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Yeah, I have noticed that sometimes the jersey may look real, but theres no tag on the inside part of the collar.

BTW, how much does it usually cost for lettering? Is there a specific place to go? Since the Nike font is only used by them.

19. gascan13

gascan13 New Member

Oct 12, 1999
    I got a Beasley jersey from soccerplus. Outstanding - the lettering IS authentic.

20. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to hear, my Reyna jersey is in the mail. Thanks for the site and for help with the size guys

21. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ye Gods

The jersey from SoccerPlus arrived with a quickness. My Lord, this jersey is outstanding. The Reyna name and number looks like it was a jersey straight from the World Cup. The white US jersey looks much cooler in person than online (and I've always liked the jersey too.) The large fits me perfectly too, and I already rocked it out last night. I got the replica version as I didn't see the need for the double layers, but it looks and feels like other authentic jerseys I have. Instantly my favorite soccer shirt - SoccerPlus is the best.