US Open Cup Semifinals[R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by kaiser kraut, Aug 25, 2002.

1. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the Wizards beat Milwaukee 2-0 tonight and has given us an extra home game this season. The game is set for Sept. 10th. Start looking for Jim Smith's mad-man ad campaign which I bet he had all prepared and was just waiting for the final whistle to blow in Milwaukee.

Hopefully we'll own them as well, or better, as we did the other weekend. I'm definitely going to try and hitch a ride with the hippies to this one, now that I'm living back in Indiana.

Hell yes, I can hardly wait for this one! We better win, and then host the friggin Final as well!

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I suppose secretly I was hoping to get the easier match through to the final (with all due respect to The Rampage) although Columbus owes those bastards something for knocking the Columbus Xoggz out of the USISL playoffs something like three years in a row (93,94,95) just before the Crew opened for business.

Nevertheless, bring 'em on. A home game is sweet for sure. I hope Jim Smith can work some of that Voodoo that he do and pack the house. I'd love to see the rowdiest most hostile crowd of the year for these matches.

I'm going to see if I can recruit some extra drunken lunatics.

3. 3stripe

3stripe Member

Indy Eleven
    Oct 14, 2001
    Brickyard Battalion
    you have no idea how happy the kc result makes me! there's no way i would have been able to drive up to wisconsin for the game...and the way kc has been playing, i really didnt think they would pull this game out for me...as it stands, the hippies will be in columbus for the semi-final...

4. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I'm interested in seeing how Jim Smith and the Crew market this match. We definitely need a strong crowd for two reasons, in my opinion: (1) provide the necessary support for the boys in order to help push them through to the final and (2) should Crew advance, make it difficult for USSF to turn down our presumed bid to host the final.

I'm not normally "aggressive" in my attempts to lure people to Crew matches because, frankly, it's a tough sell usually. However, I'm willing to try as hard as possible to get some additional bodies into the stands. If the Crew offer some good deals, it might make the task easier.

I think cheaper seats, say $10/each, should be a definite for this match. Or, if not cheaper for this match, tie sales into the final regular season home match with Chicago where you get discounts or something. I honestly don't know how something like that might work, but I just hope the organization comes up with something.

5. 3stripe

3stripe Member

Indy Eleven
    Oct 14, 2001
    Brickyard Battalion
    are we still getting 137 tickets for this match, even though it's not an mls game?

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would assume so. I assume that the 137 ticket deal works for any match the crew plays.

Any chance of the game being buck-a-brat night? That may bring in a few thousand folks.

OTOH, it's school again, so that's another variable which could go either way.

7. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    There is no reason why we can't win this. I hope I can make it.

8. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we need to get a bunch of people to the game. actual attendance, not paid.

if we win, and put up a good showing in the stands, we'll probably host the final. Being the only remaining team which doesn't have to put up with football lines gives us a good chance of hosting the final. But, Dallas and LA are both warm weather so that gives them a plus as well.

But one game at a time. KC on 9/10. hmmm, we should try to obtain a large-scale US flag for that game.

9. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Hippies! What are your travel plans for this game? Will you be spending the night in C-bus or coming back that night? If we carpool to the game, my personal preference is to get back late that night. The game is on a Tuesday night, and I have Senior Design on Wednesday... so I can't really stay overnight. Thoughts?

10. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    I think the Dispatch said tickets went on sale today.

11. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    10am, to be exact.

12. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is it special game D ?

13. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Special game D is supposed to be a home playoff game, I am unsure what tehy'll do with this, hopefully they'll take my chivas game ticket i didn't use.

14. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt it, it was Tigres by the way. I read the prices for the game and they are regular season prices.

15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there's mention on thecrew.com that they won't because it wasn't included in the original ticket package or something...

16. 3stripe

3stripe Member

Indy Eleven
    Oct 14, 2001
    Brickyard Battalion
    hey kaiser....hang will be driving through columbus from the east coast on, i believe, monday night (correct me if im wrong, hang)....i will be driving to columbus from indy on tuesday afternoon (shall you and i carpool??)and meeting everyone at the stadium....

usually we stay overnight and get up at 4 to drive back to indy....it's better to drive after a few hours of sleep....what do you think?

17. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    bump, we will slaughter this team.