US Open Cup 4th round opponent is .....

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Going Mobile, Jul 13, 2005.

1. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OC Register reported today that it'll be at HDC's track stadium. What's the capacity there?

2. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Capacity at the Track and field stadium is changeable - it can actually hold more than the HDC if they install all the bleachers they have. They probably won't, though, so it'll hold about 15,000 if they open the seating on both sides.

For the Galaxy and Chivas reserve games, they usually use just one side of the bleachers.

The tickets for the Open Cup match are just $10 and it's general admission seating, so no fancy pants arriving late to sit in their luxury box are going to get the best view.

What's especially fun about the T&F is that the stands are made of aluminum, and are very noisy if you stomp or jump. They even bounce a little.

Considering that this match is going to be practically the only home game the whole month for either team, I hope it'll be a good turn-out and a lot of fun. Chivas USA is taking the Open Cup seriously - trying to follow the steps of Liverpool, I guess, by salvaging the season with a good show here. That team will be hungry, but won't it be sweet for the Galaxy to crush their dreams?

3. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LAG web site says Aug. 3 not Aug. 10. Tickets now on sale through LAG.

4. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Open Cup Aug 3rd

rescheduled Oct 8th game to Aug 10th Location is still a secret

5. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Who's the home team? Are both teams selling tickets?

6. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Galaxy is the home team for the Aug 3 Open Cup game

7. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I'm fairly certain the teams that got a bye until the fourth round will have to open on the road.

I guess it doesn't matter.

Still, though, if Charlotte had won the Galaxy would have played at Charlotte.

8. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually US Soccer accepts bids from each team (in our case, Galaxy, Chivas and Charlotte) before the previous match. These smaller teams with lower expenses usually offer some advantage there. And they can draw closer to their average than MLS teams.

KC is coming in and hosting the next round. Because KC has that alternate field in Overland Park, they have less expenses to take out before dividing the ticket proceeds.