US Open Cup 2015

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by QuietType, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Sweet! Sad that the Quakes can't get their shit together enough to throw together a webcast, pathetic really.

2. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Quakes most likely could not muster up enough care for the Open Cup to do so. I don't blame them, but it would be nice to have a stream.

3. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, turned out that Republic's stream is actually the Quakes' streams. Hey-OOO!!!! Sorry for baggin on ya earlier, Quakes FO. You have my confidence again. Republic, get your own damn stream LOL

4. jetdog9

jetdog9 Member+

Nov 14, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not going to the game and have 2 good seats in Sec 109. If you want them, please contact me via this CL ad:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/tix/5077947541.html

Don't PM here, I probably won't check bigsoccer again for a while. Planning to give away for free.

5. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I'm holding down the SRFC fort on the MLSN&A running thread.

Head over there during the game!

6. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    stupid stream is piping in the warriors game - what about the match on the pitch? Sac-Town in Da House!!!!

7. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Last year we just plain lost.

This year we lost the penalty tie-breaker.

Next year we win!

Robdog repped this.
  8. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Let's be honest --

As much it sucks to cough up a two goal lead, going out on penalties after extra-time is a pretty respectable result for any USL team playing against an MLS side.

But it still sucks.

QuietType repped this.
  9. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a fan of both teams that was torturous to endure. Both joy and agony at the same time, no matter the result! I just didn't want it to go to extra time or PKs. Sure enough, the game didn't dissappoint. Great job by both teams, really cool thing we have developing in NorCal!

10. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    it was a Great Game - yes the result sux but at least there was a lot of action involved

11. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Yeah, all those empty seats at Avaya sure enjoyed a helluva game.

12. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Why would I worry about empty seats? I only watched the match due to the players on the pitch, who gave it their all. That is what moved me. Can't be damn if San Jose doesn't care about the US Open Cup. If the match was played in Sac-town, the seats would have been filled.

13. QuakesForever

QuakesForever Member

Mar 15, 2014
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was reported 13k fans. If it wasn't for the Warriors and USWNT, there would have been more. But 13k is still more than Bonney Stadium can hold. Not bad for Open Cup 4th round.

Robdog repped this.
  14. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I believe it was actually 13,000+ tickets distributed. I believe that number included MLS season ticket holders. And I don't know how many of the distributed were actually sold. How many came through the gate and were in their seats? Who knows.

Whatever the numbers, it was unfortunate timing going up against the USWNT and an NBA Finals featuring a local team.

15. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Whatevs. If this game is at Bonney, it's full to the rafters and there's probably people watching from Tightwad Trail besides. Instead, we get this just before kickoff...

[​IMG]

Funny. Whole bunch of people in one of the only filled sections of the stadium wearing Old Glory Red. I guess there was a big line at the LOBINA.

At least it was played at Avaya and not at Kezar. That's better than what some of other MLS clubs did with their US Open Cup round (*cough*Flounders*cough*).

16. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way there were 13,000 there. Maybe 1/2.

17. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Even with the Sacramento Kings in the sixth game of the NBA Finals with a chance to win a championship?

18. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    I love me some Kings hoopyball, but you're gonna have to come with a more realistic hypothetical than that. :)

Besides - the new stadium's only gonna be a couple blocks from Golden One Center, so why not do both? :D

19. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm not talking about you or me or other BigSoccer denizens. I was at Avaya, not home watching the NBA Finals on TV. But the 12,000 Avaya season ticketholders include many casual soccer fans who are also fans of the local NBA squad and wanted to witness the first championship in 40 years, which in many cases subsumes their entire lifetimes. Sacramento has never won an NBA title, and I imagine if a Kings Finals appearance conflicted with a U.S. Open Cup soccer game, most Republic fans would be home watching TV, even though they already paid for tickets to the soccer game. Same thing would happen in any city in America.

20. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bonney Field will be but a memory of my grandson by the time that hell freezes over.......

21. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SF CITY FC FACES DAVIS LEGACY IN THE SECOND ROUND OF THE US OPEN CUP
    THIS SUNDAY NOVEMBER 22
    AT KEZAR!

SF City faces off against league rivals Davis Legacy this Sunday 11/22 in a Second round 2016 US Open Cup match. This knock-out round fixture will determine which Northern California team will advance to the next round of Open Cup play (schedule for April/May 2016). Kickoff is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. at Kezar Stadium.
    Ticket Information:
    -$10 for Adults
    -FREE for Youth under 16
    -FREE for SF City Members
    Tickets are available for advance purchase here: http://bit.ly/1H4VUQa