US Mexico in/post game (R)

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by FanOfFutbol, Nov 2, 2003.

1. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    US Mexico in/post game

1-1 tie at the half:

I have rarely seen a US team look more unprofessional.

On the Mexican PK: well before the foul, Lilly makes a lazy recovery and it looks like Pearce fails to play any defense which allows the long cross. She simply sticks her leg out. A rec level move.
    Even earlier the center of the midfield was walking up giving the Mexican team the entire center around the circle.

Again we see a US effort that is very lacking in focus and energy. And again it looks like Parlow will earn herself a spot on the bench by being the most dangerous player on the field.

If this is the best effort, even in a meaningless friendly, that the US can produce then it is time for a real house cleaning. At least the U23 team would be giving full effort and giving the fans a game to watch.

OH: Parlow's goal was GREAT. She seems to be the only player willing, and able, to take players on and SHOOT.

2. Elroy

Elroy New Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Wow!

I'm finding myself rooting for Mexico!

3. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Subs @ half.

Wamback in for Parlow.
    Milbertt(how many times will AH play her, so she can score her 100 goal?) in for Lilly.

AH team is doing a fabulous job.;)

Scurry just saved USWNT(#2) from falling behind to Mexico(#34)

4. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was correct. Parlow out Wanbach in.

Also Lilly, who at least worked hard on attack has been pulled.

BTW: Hamm needs to work on her diving skills and she seems unable to stay onside.

The US will, probably win this game but the defense is looking HORRIBLE. Dominges(sp) is making the left side look silly.

Wagner seem to have no clue where she needs to be. Even though she assisted on the Parlow goal she and Roberts were the stinkers of the first half.

5. re

I'm not able to watch this game.

Can someone give me a description of what is going on?

How is Hamm playing? Is Mr. Hamm there?

6. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    GOLAZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    WAMBACK !

WAMBACK scores her 13th goal. (header off Hamm's corner)

USWNT now has scored 3 goals from run of play in their last 8 games.

(#2)USWNT 2 ---- (#34)Mexico WNT 1

7. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: re

I do not know, or care, about Mia's male friend!

However she is playing well enough, although quite lazy and mentally slow today.

She seems totally unfocused and unable to play like Mia.

Slaton is actually playing defense but I do not know what the rest of the back line is doing. It is a good thing Mexico is so inept or it could be 4-2 Mexico instead of 2-1 US.

US's secong goal was a repeat of the way the scored in the WWC. Mia played a bank shot off Wambach's head.

8. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    I want to know why does AH keep playing Milbertt ?

9. Elroy

Elroy New Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Big Chicks.

Am I wrong or we about 20 lbs and 4" bigger than the Mexican players?

10. re

Thanks for the info.

11. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Because they are in love??

Most college freshman forwards would have three goals from the balls that Milbert has flubbed.

Mexico should be tied. THe US defense fell asleep and let a player loos 1v1 with Scurry. Fortunatly the Mexican player pulled a Milbert and missed horribly.

12. Elroy

Elroy New Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Oh no.

Abby knocked down again!!!

13. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Because Millbertt is Agoos in Disguise.

Rob just stated they were all at a wedding yesterday. That would explain a lot.

14. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just a few were at the wedding. it explains NOTHING, except a lack of professional pride. THe team is playing like they care nothing for their fans. THey are just going through the motions.

A well coached well motivated team would be up 6 goals against the inept Mexicans by now, even with NO sleep.

15. re

Thanks for the info.

16. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    3-1 US Final. On a late bank shot and deflection by Hamm on a corner off Wambach’s head again.

This is another in the string of effective losses for the US.

If this game was for development and finding players then April has failed.
    If it was to produce entertaining soccer then it failed.
    If it was to get out of form players some time then maybe.
    If it was intended as a cure for insomnia then it was a GREAT success.

17. auger9

auger9 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    Ontario
    Re: Oh no.

one would think someone with her size would be able to hold her ground a bit better. Every game she plays, no matter who it's against...she falls...she's either a wimp or a diver...however,
    WAR USA!!

is the game over yet? or how much time left?

18. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fire April. Cut the ties from the 99 team. Bring in the best the US has to offer, hold open camp for tryouts, and rebuild around Abby.

That is all.

19. Julius

Julius New Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    Game Summary from USSOCCER.com

Mia Hamm found the head of Abby Wambach twice in the second half off corner kicks as the U.S. defeated Mexico 3-1 today in front of a vocal crowd of 23,176 in the Cotton Bowl. The U.S. is now 10-0-0 all time vs. their southern neighbors, and gave up a goal to Mexico for only the second time. The U.S. opened the scoring when Aly Wagner found Cindy Parlow at the top of the box. Parlow then ran around her defender to the right and slotted a ball past Mexico goalkeeper Jennifer Molina. Mexico got an equalizer just minutes before halftime with Kylie Bivens took down Patricia Perez in the penalty area. Monica Gonzales then slotted home the penalty to tie the score at 1-1 going into intermission. Wambach came in after halftime as a sub to provide a spark, scoring twice on corner kicks from the left side by Hamm. The U.S. finishes 2003 with a 13-2-4 record and will be together next as they prepare for Olympic qualifying in early 2004. AP article: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...=/ap/20031102/ap_on_sp_so_ga_su/soc_mexico_us

20. Julius

Julius New Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    If anyone noticed, ESPN 2 had tech problems with the feed during the game. Why?

21. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It was one of three things.
    1. Solar strom. The Sat feed disrupted, briefly, by high energy particles.
    2. Weather at any of the link points. The feed goes from the game site to a SAT back to the ground at an ESPN up-link site where content is added and the back up to a SAT for distribution to homes and cables systems. THere can be even one more up/down link in the feed.
    3. Hardware problems anywhere im the system.

I believe that the weather at the up-link site was the problem.

22. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Good advice. I've seen 50+ teams with more spark and effort than the USWNT. Either the rest of the world is getting better and faster in an impossible hurry, or it's time start over. The current team all plays like they have no-cut contracts.

23. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    *USWNT has only scored 3 goals from run of play in their last 8 games.

Final score: #2 USWNT defeats #34 MWNT 3-1.

The difference was 2 goals from the corners.

Milbertt missed at least 2 open goals.

WOW, I say US Soccer President Dr. Bob is right, that AH done a fabulous job;) , and the American playbook as stated by Dr.Bob (to score off set pieces) stayed intact in this game too.

AH is on her way to lose 3 major tournaments in a row as the USWNT coach.

#2 in the 2000 Olympics.
    #3 in 2003 WWC.
    #4 in the 2004 Olympics.?

It seems to me, if AH remains as the coach of the USWNT, then the goal of US Soccer Federation must be that USWNT(#2) move to be ranked as #3 by 2004, and make the record of losing 3 major tournaments in a row.

24. Mississippi Flash

May 19, 2002
    Mississippi
    I can't believe how sorry we looked. Why can't we score or at least force saves from the run of play? Either our coaching is bad or our players are way over rated. I find it hard to believe that with all the women players in the U.S. that we can't find some better attacking players (Wambach excluded). Look at how well Canada(10% of the U.S. population) did with youngsters and a lot of heart. Our players seem to be going through the motions.

25. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Attendance 23,176, a record for the USWNT in Texas.

I am glad that the obligatory post-WWC tour is over. The US players need some time to relax and get fat. When's the OQ, mid-Feb? Six weeks should be just about right to get the players back in shape and ready to kick the moose-droppings out of the Canadians. No one else in CONCACAF should be within 5 goals.