US-Colombia

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Fiero20, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are they going to be showing wednesday's match on TV? if so, what station? if not, any webcasts available?

and...
    will all our revs play in the match?

2. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of right now, it won't be televised. FSC is showing the two CCC games that night. I suppose we can hold out hope that one of the Spanish language networks pick it up, but I doubt it at this late date. Matchtracker seems the best bet. :(

3. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was scheduled to be on FSC but was bumped so both the DCU (7:30) and KC (9:30) Club Championship matches could be aired alive. So no evidence it will shown tape delayed. I read somewhere that it may be WEB Cast from Columbia but I have no link.

As to who will play--I don't think Da Bruce will say anything about that till game time.

I suggest we all send a bunch of e-mails to FSC and US Soccer et al about our anger that US National Team match in the US is not being on TV. POOR, VERY POOR. :confused:

4. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I'm probably the only person in this forum who would rather see the CCC games than a friendly from Titan stadium.

You see that Telemundo is showing LA Galaxy vs Osasuna on Saturday? How bizarre is that? Never thought I'd see an MLS preseason friendly on TV.

5. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Not quite.

I think it's pretty pathetic that we can't get coverage of some US men's team tournament games and qualifiers.

But, c'mon. Between a "friendly" against a non-regional opponent (Colombia), and a legitimate regional club-team tournament (CCC), I'll take the latter any day.

BTW, I sure hope Coach Nicol is planning on watching the games as well...

6. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Is there any internet radio? I don't mean a text-web cast, someone actually doing some commentating?

7. RalRhino

RalRhino New Member

Jan 28, 2001
    North Carolina
    Ditto.

ESPN2 probably would have picked up the US match, but this is the busiest week of college basketball all year.

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And if it wasn't college basketball, I'm sure they have some lumberjacks they can put on ... hey, maybe they can play poker, and put those both on at the same time. Loser gets his/her hands chopped off.

9. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always felt that next to the ESPNZone theme restaurants/tourist traps, there should be an ESPN2Zone, in which the walls are decorated with memorabilia from lumberjack contests, World Series of Poker, hunting dog championships, and World's Strongest Man competitions.

10. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah I love the warm feeling I get from a good group resentment in the afternoon esp when it's directed at the US media that ranks the Worlds Game below an arm wrestling contest. I don't get torked at much but this is one of my most beloved. I think in their next incarnation I think all ESPN program exec need to be born as poor kids in Brazil. Now wouldn't that be a karmic kick in the A-- :p

11. brianzappa

brianzappa Member

Oct 21, 2003
    In a big country
    Doc, that post had me laughing out loud. Good stuff.