Uruguay vs Colombia Copa America 2021 Quarter-Final: (July 3rd)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by HomietheClown, Jun 29, 2021.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he doesn’t run and isn’t forced to. I see him at the 2030 WC as a sub if he is still active. Even then we aren’t getting a better player than him.

2. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James is waaaay too prideful for that. He's not going to be content until he wins something with Colombia especially when you look at his achievements at club level.

With the right moviation he can keep going longer than other Colombian that we've had.

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    his chance to win something was this copa america

Ospina, him, Cuadrado, Uribe, Duvan and Muriel are starting to age out. At all being 30+

I can see Ospina and James in the next cycle not the rest of these guys.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    We just eliminated Uruguay and we are facing Argentina and people want to talk about James?
    Come on man.

5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    we are in the semis winning only one game and scoring only 3 goals in 5 matches, 1 of them a pk.

Makes sense to talk about lack of creativity

kromekote, ryu79, Froboy69 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Sure, but to argue over James when we have a great match to talk about seems silly.

7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    right? Im sick of that guy

8. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I don't know what else Ospina would need to do to get in but good to see Duvan get some love here after how El Tiempo has been criticizing him... while praising Matheus Uribe?

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    7 teams in the quarters must have awful LBs if Tesillo was the best of the round.

Good Golly.

kromekote and Azucarero repped this.
  10. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    wtf is tesillo doing there and where is Wilmar Barrios. Duvan Zapata being there is also questionable

Azucarero repped this.
  11. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That 11 is bullshit...

12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Last time that we won Uruguay on PK in the QF we lost to ARG in the semi on penalties and they won their last international title. Good news for Messi.

Here's my long analysis for those who would like to read
    https://colfootball.wordpress.com/2021/07/04/2021-copa-america-qf-colombia-v-uruguay-analysis/

I think that we played well in this match, we can see Rueda's strategy in this tournament, and at least when we played against stronger teams like Brazil and Uruguay, the guys stood up very well tactically on the field. But we have two major problems in my opinion:

1. Our finishing - Rueda must work with them on choosing the right decisions when they reach the box. Not only the actual finishing but also the last pass or play. Too many times Diaz or Muriel or Zapata had a good chance but another pass and another pass or not accurate pass. We wasted too many chances like these. We don't have this luxury to waste it.

2. The guys get rid of the ball too fast. I saw it also against Brazil. In the 90's Colombia was one of the best NT's in the world in keeping possession. Now many times they just lost the ball two seconds after they recover it, or simply complicated with bad passes near the box or when they move the ball. once the ball is in our legs, the rival won't score. to please be more patient, check for a much safer pass, not always to look for the complicated one, not always we need to be in a panic and to clear it.

Well done guys, now we'll have Cristiano's fans with us in the semi ;)

sidspaceman, kromekote and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mina likes attention. But he scored, otherwise I know most people would of trolled him.

Furnaccio repped this.