Uruguay v. Ecuador - September 11, 2012 - Estadio Centenario

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Manolo, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was shocked on how good Caicedo is with the ball on his feet. He has a wicked soft touch.

2. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well...I guess we all agree! BENITEZ SUCKS BALLS!!!!!!

3. Ecuador4life

Ecuador4life Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Sunnyvale,CA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn I cant believe it!! That game was stolen from us. No matter what you think of Benitez he created that penalty opportunity and the fact that the ref didnt see it and gave us a card instead is a disgrace. In the defense of Benitez. He created so many headaches back there on the Uruguay defense. If you VIEW the tape look how many defenders he occupies when he keeps possesion. He should of been the hero of this game based on the penalty he forced and was not given and for anyone else not to recognize is clueless. I do admit that he should of made that goal but I mean come on he had a very good game. Cant put all the blame on him. Now the ref whoever his name should be fired on the spot...

lav92 repped this.
  4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That was definitely a penalty on Benitez, the ref probably didn't call it knowing he would miss it anyway. Caicedo did work today, very impressed. Erazo and Campos were okay, they committed a couple gaffes. I'm confident they will keep improving with time. Again this game goes to show that Rueda is a horrible coach. I think he took out Caicedo because of injury, hopefully it's not too serious. I saw him limping when he came off. Rueda had to take out Benitez and put in Ibarra. He had to also take out Saritama and put in MJQ or Arroyo, we needed some creativity. Towards the final 12-15 minutes, he had to solidify the right side by putting in Achillier. Paredes didn't replicate his performance, but he was okay in the first half, his play deteriorated towards the final half hour or so.

5. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Benitez did have a good game but when it came to scoring opportunities he is just stupid...plain and simple. You know you have the ref against you so why would you even think of taking on the keeper in hopes of a pk? He had to take a shot! His decision making is horrible and I blame him and Minda for this tie. I honestly expected us to get raped so a tie is not a bad result but after seeing the way Ecuador played I can say we deserved more. Campos and Erazo are pure class in the back. Having them play on the same club was essential in this understanding by our center backs. Caicedo was just on another level. You can see that now that he lost some weight he moves way more than before and it helped his game tremendously! Even Saritama shut me up! :eek:

Finally, this ref...This Amarilla character gave Uruguay a point. It was disgusting, he was clearly after our players. If the 3 early cards and not calling a pk weren't enough proof then the red for Valencia said it all. It was sickening and Valencia was right, Amarilla is a clown!!!

6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Benitez chokes in big games. His can't finish. He plain sucks. We need another forward who has balls. Caicedo made Benitez look ok. Too bad he can't make him score goals.

Caicedo improve so much in Spain. Seriously. His time in Spain did him wonders.

7. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Caicedo, Valencia and Erazo are WORLD CLASS.

8. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Add Campos too cause he played great!

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dominguez: 9/10 Absolutely fantastic. that save with Suarez' header was awesome.

Erazo & Campos: 8/10 No complaints really, these 2 are just getting better and better, I am willing to bet Erazo will be picked up before the end of this year.

JC Paredez : 6/10 probably his worst game in a while, Paredez is definitely a better player attacking than defending. Cebolla Rodriguez ate him alive in the right flank.

Walter Ayovi: 9/10 Again, one of the best players in the pitch, I know all eyes are usually on Valenica, Chucho or Caicedo,but I will always appreciate Walter and Castillo the "dirty workers"
    Walter as usual didnt dissapoint me, bailed out Saritama a million times too many and practically erased Cavanni off the game, (until he scored that goal).

Valencia: 7/10 Pereira will need therapy after todays game, Valencia was superb and connected so well with Caicedo, but thres a downside to his performance, Valencia needs to stop comitting stupid fouls, both fouls today that led to cards were completely unnecessary, its not the first time he does this to us, last WCQ he managed to get suspended for 2 key games. so far we are in the same path.

Castillo: 8/10 did his job, actually managed to bother Forlan enough that he kept on going waaaaay back to his side of the field to get the ball and I cant express enough how much we'll miss him against Chile, I really do not see anyone being half as good as he is defensive mid, Dennis Quinonez, Minda, Pedro Quinonez arent worth Castillo's toilet paper.
    Saritama: 8/10 I might have had 2-3 many beers but I'm gonna go ahead and say it, I have no complaints on Saritama today, ran all game long, gave the ball to Ayovi or Valencia, and defended well.

Minda: 6/10 Did ok until the end, and that goal was TOTALLY HIS FAULT! JUST KICK THE BALL OUT MAN!

Benitez: 6/10 Played well, but what good is it if he doesn't score ?

Caicedo:9/10 Man of the match, I'll add that with Caicedo on board, we are likely to qualify.

Yoya: 7/10 weak performance, he was given over 30 minutes and I barely saw him, he isnt fast enough to dribble outside the box and he isnt intimidating enough in the box.

Ibarra and Achilier: didnt play enough, but the little that I saw in Ibarra I liked.

Rueda:8/10 I didnt expect Minda and Caicedo in the line up, in paper it looked so defensive but he proved me wrong.

10. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guess I'm clueless because I always thought the Forward main and Number priority is to score goals and everything is second nature. Since you have the tape. Why don't you tell everyone here, where was the ref on that play? 35 or 40 yards behind the play? How many quality strikers do we see every week pull the same move Benitez did and score?? Benitez wanted to dive and that's what his dumbass gets. and after that Bolivia Episode. People here shouldn't be bitching about refs..

11. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Benitez is not a world class forward and I don't think anyone is claiming him to be one...

12. Ecuador4life

Ecuador4life Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Sunnyvale,CA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Finally I appreciate you admitting that you are clueless. Plus change your screen name its annoying I guess it matches your personality. The ref's job is to make sure that he is in position to make the call. I cant believe you are defending the ref! unbelievable! Watch the replays. The goalie clearly has his hands and arms all over him. Man I think its time to retire commenting since you cant even seem to watch the replays right!

13. Ecuador4life

Ecuador4life Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Sunnyvale,CA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Antonio Valencia's excerpts after the game!

http://www.futbolecuador.com/stories/publica/30589

Independientemente de la expulsión que sufrió en el último segundo del compromiso, ya cuando se había consumido un minuto más de los tres inicialmente estipulados por Amarilla, lo que más molestó al tricolor fue el penal no decretado en contra de Chucho Benítez.

“Una Eliminatoria tan seria como ésta, no puede pitar un payaso como este árbitro. Es un payaso”, dijo el jugador al ser consultado sobre las sensaciones que le dejaban el empate conseguido en Montevideo.

“¡No puede pitar un penal tan claro, joder! Estamos en Uruguay y no en otro planeta. Es un payaso, por favor”, detalló para explicar su enfado por la falta penal, clara, de la zaga uruguaya en contra de Benítez en el segundo tiempo.

“Siempre lo hace, en la otra Eliminatoria también pasó lo mismo. No puede ser que nos siga dirigiendo en partidos tan importantes como este”, recordó con rencor por anteriores oportunidades en las que ha coincidido con el central guaraní.

14. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, You are right! I am Clueless. just like that Penalty for Ecuador against Bolivia. That's call that all the time! Shit doesn't change in Ecuador. Its always the ref's fault. But don't worry, Don't be surprise if Ecuador get a penalty call against them in the near future. We'll see all the LLORONAS come out. Noone is arguing that is was not a Penalty. it was. But One on One and Benitez can't score? Why didn't he chip it over the goalie? Why did he have to get so close to go around the goalie? you know why? NO CLASS!!! Reminds me of qualifier to the 1994 where angel Fernandez cause a penalty in LA PAZ and everyone bitched and moan but noone said sh!t when Alex Aquinaga se TRAGO a 1 on 1 with the Bolivian goalie. Same shit almost 20 year later.

15. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Histerical! In the prem league you are forbidden to talk about the Ref before or after the game. Yet as soon as these player come back to South America, They turn Stupid. O.K Mr Valencia, What happens when Amarilla get called to ref another Ecuador vs .... Qualifier? I guess the ref was a clown also when you started doing that ring around the rosie bullsh1t against Chile in the last Qualifier that you got red carded and Benitez took off his shirt after scoring and than both of you miss the Venezuela game that ecuador lost and thus, no World Cup... a Clown you say? LOL..

16. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dude did you not see the game or are you blind? Valencia didn't even touch him! He didn't do shit and he was playing really good. He had to help in defense cause Paredez didn't play that good. This Ref plain sucks and missed and got many calls incorrect. He is KNOWN to do that. I'm happy he finally is speaking out. He should after this joke of a ref.

Please Valencia should not be blamed at all in this game cause he played fine. The ref just did a ball call but guess what? We still got tied against one of the best teams in SA at their home.

17. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ofcourse he didn't do shit! Coming from behind to obstruct the play when the entire Ecuadorian defense is behind the ball. LOL..What the fvck was he doing on that side of the field anyways? The commentators on Bein said it was the right call. Even Horrible Chivas USA MINDA took care of not getting a second yellow.. yes MINDA! Valencia is the clown and the Conmebol should take action like the Prem league on commentary on the refs by players and coaches. Classless just like that play Valencia did against Bolivia by not kicking the ball out when a player was down.

18. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Uruguay is actually not as good as before. I think their age is showing. Especially Forlan. Erazo made Suarez his bitch all game it was rather pleasing because I can't stand this racist, cocky crap.

Chile has irresponsible players that end up costing the team as a whole. Argentina had nothing special, Peru is actually really good at times but no team surprised me like Colombia. They are the best team right now. Ecuador finally played well away and I'm hoping to see this more often. If we do, we should be in the world cup. We gotta watch out with our games versus Chile and Venezuela. They are right behind us so hopefully we take advantage of this situation and get ahead of both of them for good. These qualifiers are intense as hell!!

19. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Saurez is not racist say Felipe Caicedo.. lol.. Did you see that play where suarez hit the post? OMG..Erazo made suarez his b1tch? Well if that's the case than Erazo should be going to the prem league. I say about 5 more pounds of muscle and he'll be ready.

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    On a pure footballing level, this is the best tournament in the world. World Cup, Champions League and Euro Cup are boring because you know who's gonna win. CONMEBOL WC Qualifying is where almost EVERY result is unpredictable.

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree with all of Barcelonistas ratings. Great commentary on all the players. It was on point.

As far as Benitez's play IT WAS a penalty. Unfortunately, Benitez will ALWAYS try to take the keeper 1 on 1 on those kinds of plays. I don't see why some of us here are surprised he didn't shoot. You guys should always know he is gonna go for the 1 on 1. It's freakin Benitez! I don't hate him for it and don't even feel the need to criticize him for it. He played well and just because he didn't score it's not the end of the world. Just because Yoya didn't play well these last two games, i won't stop believing he does a great duo with Benitez. But Caicedo is inspired right now and we took great advantage of that.

As far as the penalty against Saritama in Bolivia, go watch the play from DIFFERENT CAMERA ANGLES. I thought it wasn't a penalty at first, but go watch the videos on teradeportes and futbolecuador that caught the play from a different angle. It's called "obstrucion de juego". Saritama did exaggerate a bit when the Bolivian player got in the way but it was still a foul. And trust me, I will never back up Saritama- i don't like him being on the NT.

Anyways, to my knowledge Valencia and Castillo are out next game and Benitez and Campos have yellows (so one more and they miss the Venezuela game). My concern is if Campos gets a yellow WHO THE HELL REPLACES HIM against Venezuela?? Guys we need Eduardo Morante back!! we cannot play in Venezuela with Guagua. Morante needs to move out of U de Chile or step it the F*ck up. And if Benitez gets one more yellow, who the hell is going to play up front vs. Venezuela with Caicedo or Yoya (assuming either one of them starts). Rojas or Renato Ibarra better take on Valencia's with lots of responsibility and kill it vs. Chile!! Chile is going to come hungry for points since they lost 3 at home. No more playing calm in Quito. I feel like Ecuador only steps it up when they feel like it.

I think Dominguez already had a yellow before last night so he might not be playing against Chile either. I might be wrong. Hopefully Banguera can play if that's the case.

22. Ecuador4life

Ecuador4life Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Sunnyvale,CA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Your historical references bore me. Plus your tired play of criticizing everyone and everything is stale. Try offering some suggestions or antidotes in addition to your raving lunatic responses. You dont want us to start calling you a "payaso"

Antonio is class on and off the court. He did have a couple of out of charachter moments in the qualifers that is true.

23. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ofcourse it bores you because only the ignorant don't learn from past mistakes and are bound to repeat it. Here is another Historical classless observation. I don't remember Alex Aquinaga ever getting a red card for Ecuador much less duriung qualifiers and ecuador depended on Aquinaga in a way that Valencia will never experience.. That's two red cards for valencia in two qualifiers and the first one cost Ecuador a World Cup appearance. And no. You are boring b1tching like a little girl blaming the ref.

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Really? Cuz I don't remember the first. If your talking about that home game vs. chile, we won it so it didn't cost us a thing. And so what if Valencia didn't play against Venezuela. Was that the reason we lost? NO. It was because of Carlos Castro's pathetic ass. Ecuador doesn't ONLY depend on Valencia.

25. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't think the Bolivia penalty played in this game did it? They were two different games with two different refs so I'm not sure that affected the play where Benitez went down. Sure he deserves some criticism for not making the goal in front of the keeper. That being said, he beat the keeper to make the goal BUT was taken down by the keeper and it was a clear penalty. That's it!! It was a moment in the game where a VERY clear penalty simply was not given irrespective of Saritama getting fouled or not in previous games or Valencia pushing/not pushing the Uruguay player for a second yellow.