Urs Meier

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by musicl, Oct 22, 2004.

1. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Swiss referee Urs Meier was shocked when he discovered that hackers posted a fake apology on his website after he disallowed an England goal at Euro 2004. The fake statement said: "I'm really sorry, and after all that's happened I can no longer referee at this level. So I am retiring immediately."

lol

2. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Yawn. Now there are some bad losers who are *really* determined! Reminds me of the German computer geeks who are still simulating the trajectory of the ball during the incorrectly given goal in 1966...

3. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    you don't think the person who did it just did it for a laugh then?

Urs Meier was old news before the weekend was out, yet from comments I see from time to time you'd think the incident was analysed for months on end over here.

why does a referee have a web page anyway?

4. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Because he's a self-obsessed idiot? Who happens to be a good referee though.

But ok, fair enough, it is kind of funny.

5. CW1980

CW1980 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Belfast
    I would love it if Meier was put in charge of the England-Northern Ireland World Cup qualifier next March.

Having said that, we won't need the referee's help to take three points away from Old Trafford. ;)

6. Michael-A-UK

Michael-A-UK New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Urs Meier is still one of the best officials in the world, and poor decisions like the one at Portugal-England are very rare from him.
    Why shouldn't referees have web pages? Players do so I don't see why refs shouldn't. Pierluigi Collina has a very good website at www.pierluigicollina.it

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    But it was the correct decision.

8. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    I agree. Anyway, it was his decision. That's just football, and what the Sun and some of the Sun readers did was completely disgraceful, they should all be drowned in a big pot of cheese fondue.

9. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes: This appeared shortly after the match:

A father entered his daughter's bedroom and saw a letter on the bed. With the worst premonition, he read it with trembling hands.

Dear Mum and Dad,

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm telling you that I've eloped with my new boyfriend. I've found real love and he is so nice. Especially with all his piercings, scars, tattoos, and his big motorcycle. But it's not only that, I'm pregnant, and Ahmed said that we will be very happy in his trailer in the woods. He wants to have many more children with me and that's one of my dreams.

I've learned that marijuana doesn't hurt anyone and we'll be growing it for us and his friends. They're the one's providing us with all the cocaine and ecstasy we could ever want. In the meantime, we'll pray for science to find the AIDS cure, so Ahmed gets better. He deserves it.

Don' t worry about money. Ahmed has arranged for me to be in films that his friends Leroy and Jamal make in their basement. Apparently I can earn £50 a scene. I get a £50 bonus if there are more than three men in the scene, and an extra £100 if they use the horse.

Don't worry Mum. Now I'm 15 years old, I know how to take care of myself. Someday I'll visit you and Dad so that you can meet your grandchildren.

Your loving daughter

Aimee

p.s: Dad, it's not true. I'm watching TV at a neighbour's house. I just wanted to show you that there are worse things in life than ENGLAND GETTING BEAT ON FVCKING PENALTIES AGAIN.