Update on my son's fundraiser

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by bilzy, Oct 30, 2008.

1. bilzy

bilzy New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    We will be listing items soon and will have Aztex,Dynamo and FC Dallas items too! Also, the Wambach/Whitehill is not a jersey. It is a Freedom t-shirt :)

http://soccerunitesutah.com/Evan.html
    WOW, what a story this is, and what a small world! Please meet Soccer Unites new
    friend Evan Mundine. Evan lives in Texas and is not only an up and coming soccer
    player, but a huge fan of the game itself. The thing that makes this amazing is Evan is
    10 years old, but has a heart and motivation of a very caring adult. Every time I receive
    something from him I think to myself, and WOW this is a 10 year old child!

Evan heard our Soccer Unites Utah soccer story during the FC Dallas vs Real Salt Lake
    game and was very touched when he heard that it was Marcia Williams. You see, Evan
    knew of Andy because Andy always took the time to say hi and sign autographs for fans
    whenever he was playing one of the Texas teams. Even more amazing is that Evan is
    a big fan of the Austin Aztex. WOW what a small world. I knew that Jamie Watson,
    former Real Salt Lake player had played with Austin before moving to FC Dallas. When I
    reached Jamie, sure enough he knew exactly who I was talking about. Jamie told me
    that this is not the first time this child has taken on the task of putting together a
    fundraiser and raising money.
    After speaking to his Mom, who is so supportive of his
    efforts and has definitely been a big part of bringing Evan up to be a great person, I
    learned that Evan gets himself involved in things like this all the time.

This young man took the time to send an email to the HR Manager of Real Salt Lake
    who after reading, answered him, and forwarded it to me so I could get in touch with him.
    He continued to send emails that day each one with more enthusiasm than the last. All
    of us as adults throughout the RSL organization, Andy and Marcia, and myself, just kept
    passing his emails around. As you can imagine, we all thought he was amazing with a
    huge heart, but did not think that he would ever be able to pull of what he already has.
    What an example!

Evan today is in the process of putting together a November fundraiser for Soccer Unites.
    He has offered to auction off some amazing items that he has in his soccer collection
    just to help Marcia. So far, he has items being sent to him from different teams and
    players that should be money makers. He even has contacted the fan clubs of the TX's
    teams and I have already received a check from the Screaming Eagles for $100.00!
    (Thank you Bill) Evan has told me that he has jerseys from Abby Wambach and Cat
    Whitehill and many many other places. If you would like to donate to Evan's fundraiser,
    you can send your donation to Soccer Unites Utah P.O. Box 1650 Draper, Utah 84020
    and we will put give him the credit for the funds that are received.

This is a story in progress and I will certainly keep you updated! This proves that there
    are children in the world that are making a difference. It does not have to be adult, or a
    group, look what can happen when one child decides he wants to make a difference. I
    leave you with a letter that Evan sent me to pass on.

Hi my name is Evan and I want to tell you about something that is very
    important to me. Have you ever lost a friend or family member to
    cancer? Well many people have. It happens a lot but you can help.
    Please the next time you hear of someone fighting cancer do your best
    to help them. Don't think oh all those other people are helping so it will
    be ok because its not. Right now while you are reading this someone is
    getting the news that they have some type of cancer. Like Mrs. Marcia
    Williams. She has a rare blood cancer or leukemia. She is very sick and
    she needs help so she won't have to leave her children and husband and
    her home. Her family doesn't have enough help in finding a donor for
    her. They need money to help for all the medical bills. So I am starting a
    fundraiser for her. Ms.Marcia is just one of thousands of people who are
    sick and need help . Too many are getting taken away from their families
    to soon. So please think of yourself getting taken away from your children
    ,husband wife and everyone you love. Think of yourself hugging your
    child for the last time ever. Think of what it would be like to have to say
    goodbye forever. It shouldn't be that way. So please go today and get
    tested to see if you are a match for a person fighting to stay with their
    family. Who knows you might be able to keep one more mother with her
    family or one more father with his family or give a child a chance to grow
    up. So please just listen to me and please help fight this disease.
    thank you from your friend
    Evan