NSR: Upcoming Richmond Shows/Events etc...

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by PedroUnited, Sep 16, 2008.

1. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figure this could be the Richmond DCU fans forum for upcoming Richmond events/concerts etc...

I know Brian is always going to some show or festival so this would be a good place to let everyone know what's up! I'll shamelessly start with plugging my band!

[​IMG]

2. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh I almost forgot this. I know Richard and Doug Dobey are planning on camping out for tickets to this next one :D

[​IMG]

3. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find that Mr. Nelly's music provides refreshing insight into the struggles of the young African-American men in our urban centers. This insight is not only refreshingly honest but also allows me the opportunity to examine my middle aged, fat-assed, white soul. I am equally impressed with his command of the English language. At times both lyrical and poignant as evidenced by these lines from "Batter Up"

Ain't no shame in my game, that normal shit ain't my thang
    If I stick with my dick then put your mouth on my brains
    I maintain through the atmosphere, what we got here
    A sucka in fear, hear the roars and the cheers
    From the crowd when I take the mile, let me show 'em how
    Hit the ball on the ground and make 'em get down

Simply beautiful. I plan on donning my bling and being at the show to partake in the urban poetry that is Nelly and may even get jiggy. I hopefully I will see you homies there. Peace Out. Word.

4. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Party Like Rockstars (aging rockstars with kids)

I am turning 40 soon so we are having what the kids call a "party" this coming Saturday. Page sent out an evite to most, but did not have everyone's email and sometimes those damn things don't work. All you crazy Richmond people are invited and I would love to have you stop on by.

We have the early start time so that those with kids and no babysitters can stop by earlier.

[​IMG]

P.S. - In order to save you the work of getting me a present, I think it will be easier if you just list all your DCU belongings and I will pick what I want. Please submit the list by Friday, or if you would rather bring all your DCU gear to the party I will take what I want at that time.:D

5. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey if the party runs after 10pm I'll try to stop by!

6. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'll try to stop by as well! Would it be all right if I brought a guest?

7. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guest are welcome would be great to see ya.

8. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'll definitely do my best to make an appearance. :)

9. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I'm going to miss this. I'll be up in Charlottesville for Drive By Truckers/Avett Brothers or I'd be there.

10. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This weekend, free. Sam and I are gonna wander around, get some beers and good food. Notice it's the Richmond Folk Festival, not the National Folk Festival, it got so big that Richmond is gonna do their own every year. Since the national version travels around the country each year. I originaly wasn't interested but hey it's free!

[​IMG]

11. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh and dont forget

[​IMG]

12. Unitard Fan

Unitard Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I'm turning 24 this sunday. I know it's a bit of a short notice, but all who want to come out to Capital Ale or some bar are welcome. I'm going to throw a keg in the kegerator at my place too.

13. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hey man, happy upcoming birthday. hope to meet you someday, perhaps during the playoffs.........pft pft hahahaha!! or if you aint busy Thurday night, free show!

[​IMG]

14. Unitard Fan

Unitard Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to come out and see you guys play and what not. Especially since I don't really know any local musicians. I just moved back out to Richmond recently... But yeah, I'm headed to the DC match. I'll definitely catch your next show if at all possible though.

Playoffs are so last year. Nobody goes to those anymore.

15. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not to be annoying about my own band but whatever, we're on to the finals!

[​IMG]

16. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tomorrow night, catching the Renegades season opener at 7:35 and then heading over to Capital Ale House to Rev. Peyton's Big Damn Band after that. Tix are only $10. Let me know if anyone's interested.

17. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Plaza Bowl in Southside Plaza is going to start having shows as of this Saturday, 10/25. Look for the fliers around town...I'm on them (the girl with the red bandana).

18. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Brian, the Renegades were in Bottoms Up the other day for a team lunch, and man they devoured everything in site immediately! some of those dudes are scary tough looking. anyways if anyone wants to come out to a show, let me know, we have to do this damn ticket sales thing now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny. They have definitely increased the size and height of the team from last year. Some big guys on the ice last night!

20. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    true

21. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone going to the Get Out and Vote '08 show at The Coliseum Tuesday? If you're not aware it's Beastie Boys, Sheryl Crowe, Jack Johnson, Norah Jones, and Santogold. I've got a floor ticket and they're still available according to TicketBastard.

22. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    They're having a meetup/rally event in Monroe Park Tuesday afternoon as well.

23. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Uhh kind of late, but of Montreal is playing at The National tonight. I'll be there. There's also a show at Plaza Bowl - Highstreet Lowlifes and Two Man Gentleman Band. I think tonight we get an extra hour out at the bars??

24. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey I posted this on the Barra board, but just in case, we'll be live on Y101 this Sunday night the 9th from 11pm - midnight. We'll play a few songs acoustic as well as hanging out. We're also playing on the Richmond Marathon course on the 15th 9:30 am to 10:30 am, at Crossroads on Forest Hill Ave.

[​IMG]

25. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just announced today...

Drive By Truckers at The National, Saturday 24 January :D I'm not missing this after the show we saw them put on in May there. That one sold out. This one will sell out. Get your tix early folks!