Upcoming Previews and pics of the Beckham Pules '05 all new boot info goes here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by _VII_, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beckham237

beckham237 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    lakeland florida
    Re: Upcoming Previews

yes please PLEASE post pics

2. socerdoug

socerdoug BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 8, 2004
    hood of florida

Beckham237 do u play competitve soccer? in lakeland?

3. rogueenglishman

rogueenglishman New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Roseland, NJ

yes yes PLEASE PLEASE POST PICS

4. beckham237

beckham237 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    lakeland florida

yes i do why do you ask?

5. socerdoug

Jun 8, 2004
    hood of florida

Under what age grp?

6. beckham237

beckham237 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    lakeland florida

u16 why?

7. Callump

Callump New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    Orlando, Florida

i play u15, wait now u16 going into next season FC America :p

8. socerdoug

Jun 8, 2004
    hood of florida

O cause my friend's cuz plays U16 for blackwatch or what ever did u play them in any tourny?

9. beckham237

beckham237 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    lakeland florida

yea i have played them before they are in my league i think i dunno if they will be next year but they were last year and we beat them in state cup.

10. socerdoug

Jun 8, 2004
    hood of florida

Very nice are they a good team?

11. beckham237

beckham237 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    lakeland florida

hmm note sure we beat em 4-2

12. socerdoug

Jun 8, 2004
    hood of florida

O i c what position do you play?

13. beckham237

beckham237 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    lakeland florida

center mid

14. Callump

Callump New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    Orlando, Florida

blackwatch u15 are f'n good

15. appleCORR

appleCORR New Member

May 2, 2004

I think Becks is popular enough. You only have to see how many kids have his boots already over here in the UK. Whatever he wears. Millions of little kids want to wear too. I do think that the tongue of all the silver preds should have the Beckham logo on. After all thats the whole point of the boot. And it would look a lot better than the little logo on the heal.

I can't see Adidas changing to a blue tongue after all this time. But the boot idea is cool especially the thumb print. Maybe its going to be a limited edition version like the all silver preds that were out a few season back?

Saying that though i think Adidas need to come up with some new colours because Nike are completely out doing them at the minute. You get the same colours over and over with Adidas. Maybe they dont want to try anything new. Actually. Remember those bright yellow and black pred they were a bit shocking so maybe the should stick to what they know - lol.

appleCORR

16. phillys

phillys New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Malaysia, SE Asia

Yeah... the marketing genius at Adidas sure is smart...squeezing every penny out of those kids who thinks that what Beck uses must be the best... Heck, even with a lousy F10, I can still take sweet free kicks :p

17. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Everyone is not understanding that Adidas is not changing the color of the tounge on all the Pred's that will be coming out just the Beckham model. All of you have read too many little Eurosport features that talk about the "trademark" red, adidas would slap any color tounge on the Predator if it would make them money.

Another thing I don't get is not too long ago on a thread everyone one was wetting themselves about a pic of the silver pred pulses that was photoshopped to have blue in place of the red, now that adidas is making a similar boot everyone either doesn't think it's really going to happen or is now for some reason offended that one Predator will no longer have a red tounge. You all make no sense sometimes.

18. Adidas Fan

Adidas Fan New Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Norwich, England

The red tongue is the trademark though! When the first Pred came out (which had a proper fold over tongue) what colour was it? RED. What colour has it been since then? RED. It's classic, it's like making a brand new Copa Mundial or World Cup in a red colour like that of the Vapours. You just can't do it, it's criminal. :mad:
    On the subject of those fake Pulses in the blue they were the most rubbish boot imaginable. About two people who saw that thread were 'wetting' themselves, the others said it was ok. When you say 'everyone was wetting themselves' i think you ment to say 'i was wetting myself.' Sounds more realistic.

19. beckham237

beckham237 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    lakeland florida

the blue ones were better than the ones with the red tounge imo

20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Well even when they launched the red tounge(on the Touch model of the preds, the 3rd in the series) they still made a red boot with a black tounge in that line. I wasn't wetting myself at all either, I don't really care for the Predator line or adidas that much overall to be honest, I am more of a nike guy.

So next time your going to try and come at me with some sort of slight or snide comment at least know what your talking about.

Anyway it doesn't matter, in December when they launch the new Beckham preds somewhere in The World a small violin will be playing for all of the "traditionlists" that feel the Preds need to have a red tounge to be a Predator.

21. ConorM

ConorM New Member

Jun 6, 2004

The very first predators actually had no fold over tongue so there.

22. Adidas Fan

Adidas Fan New Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Norwich, England

Yeah what ever man, respect to you just keep on buying those over priced nikes. :D Whatever makes you happy

PS the red tongue doesn't make a Pred, a Pred it is just the way it has been for years. They can make a Pred with a blue tongue i don't care cos i won't buy it. People will buy it cos it has Beck's name on it, if they want to spend their money on it fine, just voicing my opinion cos i know there will be guys out there who argee with me. I didn't want to make a snide comment but sometimes i feel you rip the piss out of some of the guys here, i don't want to make enemies we're here to talk about football. Sorry man.

23. Adidas Fan

Adidas Fan New Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Norwich, England

Read over on the previous page you will see that i mentioned the red tongue on the first Pred THAT HAD A FOLD OVER TONGUE. Everyone knows that the first pred never had a proper tongue i ain't that stupid.
    So there :D

24. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

It's all good man, it just seems that this whole Predator with the the blue tounge touched a raw nerve with some. I just gave the info out trying to let people know what was going to be coming out in the future. Since this fourm tends to be so Predator crazy and even a little Becks crazy :( I assumed people would want to know.

As for the over priced Nikes, it's all in what you like I guess but I do agree they can get a bit over priced (even so I am still dumb enough to buy them), but since I am an asst. manger at a soccer store I get a pretty nice markdown as well.

I don't mean to rip on people but even you have to agree that some of the time people need to be put in their place, I would rather rip someone a new one when they are being disrespectful to others and end it there than have to get people carded because no one pulled in the regins so to speak. It kind of sucks I know but like I said I need to keep balence here as a mod and I don't want ot have to request cards all the time.

25. Phieniac

Phieniac New Member

Apr 27, 2004

Gimme pics!! ;) no but seriously can you try to upload some pics?