Unlike John West- you pick the ones we reject- LFC Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Aug 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Why the laughing?
    He's an up and coming Senegalese kid, of course we'd get Mane to back channel.
    And the kid looks like he's got the goods to become a big fish.

He and Sarr are going places. I wouldn't mind that place being Liverpool.

2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    ah ok. I read way too much into the word "use".

imasyko and CB-West repped this.
  3. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I did to, the first time through - as in, "use Mane to get (as a trade for) Bamba" rather than "use Mane to get (influence) Bamba"...

;)

SamScouse repped this.
  4. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, La Bamba....

CB-West repped this.
  5. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    RM are gonna offer us Hazard plus cash for Mo, apparently.

6. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    like 300m cash and hazard? Because getting hazard is like negative cash flow.

B.A. and SamScouse repped this.
  7. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ooohhhreally?

NO! :mad::ROFLMAO:

8. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Amazing that the Spanish clubs or their lackeys in the media haven’t yet grasped the changed nature of transfers. Gone are the days if forcing a swap down our throats.

We don’t want or need Hazard. Now, Salah may actually wants to leave but Real Madrid will have to cough up the £££.

B.A. repped this.
  9. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'd like to know where they getting the money...

SamScouse repped this.
  10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool are eyeing a move for Monaco’s Aurelien Tchouameni.

The young French midfielder is making waves this season with both Monaco and France.

He was involved in the recent international break as France became nations league champions.

Now, though, it seems Liverpool are looking into making him a Red.

A recent report from ESPN has claimed that Liverpool, alongside Real Madrid, PSG and both Manchester clubs, want the youngster.

11. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool are also said to have been monitoring Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. Calciomercato says Liverpool and Juve have been informed by Lazio that the bidding will start at £67million for the 26-year-old.

Mohammed Salah will demand £400,000 a week salary to sign a new contract with Liverpool. The contract would put him above David de Gea and Kevin De Bruyne in the Premier League.

Liverpool are interested in signing FC Dallas forward Ricardo Pepi, who is attracting interest from big clubs in Europe.

Liverpool are reportedly ‘ready to seize opportunity’ and sign Marcelo Brozovic from Inter Milan as his contract nears its expiry and would be required to pay €0.

Liverpool are one of the ‘interested parties’ in rising star Karim Adeyemi but will have to pay €30-40m to secure his signature.
    I'd rather sign him at that price than get into a situation where we're paying crazy money for Haaland. I'd be ok with crazy money for Mbappe, though, as the kid has a star power/magnetism that will attract players.

12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

B.A. and Wingtips1 repped this.
  13. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    works for me.

14. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    one that got aaway?

Patson Daka scored four coolly-taken goals as Leicester boosted their Europa League qualification hopes by brilliantly coming back from two goals down to beat Spartak Moscow.

15. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    scored the 4th for the foxes the other day against the scum.

16. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Fraser Forster is out of contract this summer. We should be signing him as 3rd choice replacement for Adrian.
    He's home grown (which we desperately need) and Adrian's departure would free up a spot for a non-homegrown player.

17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    this is a really interesting article, about how advances in sports science and data analytics has improved players' ability to keep playing longer at the top level. it uses Mo's contract as a jumping-off point.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/mohamed-salah-liverpool-contract-age-b1943132.html
    With Salah having recently turned 29, traditional football thinking would have it that he is in his physical prime, and probably only has two years left at the absolute top. That is the rationale behind the repeatedly cited idea of the “last big contract”. But the modern football game has started to escape such traditional thinking. So many of the top scorers, and top players, are in their mid to late thirties.

Ronaldo is 36, Messi is 34, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is 40, Luis Suarez is 34, Edinson Cavani is 34, Jamie Vardy is 34, Robert Lewandowski is 33. Even further back on the pitch, Giorgio Chiellini is 37.

A question relevant to Salah is whether these peers represent outliers, or the start of a new trend, naturally influenced by advances in sports science. The latter would stand to reason. It would also greatly change the discussion around Salah’s new contract if he has six or seven years left at the top rather than two or three, before you even get to the exhilarating idea that he might actually get better.

This is what happened with Lewandowski. He moved onto a new level just at the age when most forwards are expected to go into decline.
    Many in sport science have realised the folly of just looking at a player’s birth date. “Age in itself is a very poor metric of performance,” Dr Stride says. “In the past, there was almost an acceptance that once you’re on the other side of 30, you ‘lose a step’, and your careers are almost over,” McMillan says.

newterp repped this.
  18. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Journalist Fabrizio Romano has confirmed that Liverpool are interested in signing Leeds United winger Raphinha.

Franck Kessie to Liverpool is a transfer story that’s been heating up in recent weeks – and there may be a positive development on this front. The Reds are reported to be readying a massive signing-on offer of £26 million to get him – double what Barcelona have offered.

Liverpool and fellow Premier League club Manchester City have an advantage over other clubs in Europe to potentially sign Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic in the upcoming January transfer window.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is looking for a way out of Liverpool to get more game time elsewhere and save his career, with January moves to West Ham and Newcastle seen as likely.

AC Milan and Bayern Munich are both interested in signing Reds star Roberto Firmino.
    I'm ok with him going this summer. Mane-Jota-Salah starting next season with two new signings in reserve.

Liverpool are preparing a controversial move to bring Raheem Sterling back to the club.
    I do like Raheem, but I think he's better off going abroad.

Karim Adeyemi is almost certain to leave Red Bull Salzburg next summer and Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, and Inter Milan have all made contact with Red Bull.

Jurgen Klopp is ‘dreaming’ of bringing Toni Kroos to Anfield.
    Just what we need, another 30-something in our midfield.

19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I hate the sight of Sterling and think he should eff off anywhere away from England asap.

imasyko and soccershaggy repped this.
  20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    these quotes from MO -- I have no idea how to interpret them. is this a message to the club that he won't back away from his demands, a hint that he really doesn't want to leave, or, step one in a "fans please don't hate me" PR strategy ??

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59017592
    Mohamed Salah says he wants to spend the rest of his career with Liverpool.

The 29-year-old Egypt forward has scored 137 goals in 214 games for the Reds since a £34m move from Roma in 2017, including 12 goals this season.

His current Liverpool deal runs out at the end of next season. "It doesn't depend on me, but if you asked me I would love to stay until the last day of my football [career]. It's not in my hands, it depends on what the club wants," Salah told Sky Sports. He added: "At the moment I can't see myself ever playing against Liverpool. It's hard, I don't want to talk about it, but it would make me really sad."

21. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    we're frequently linked with Tielemans whose contract is up for renewal at LC.

I've always been a bit underwhelmed about him -- but he is able to produce goals which our MF struggles with. just saw this stat which is impressive:
    Four of Youri Tielemans' nine goals for Leicester City in all competitions in 2021 have come from outside the box. No Premier League player has scored more goals from outside the box in this time.

22. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/statistik/endendevertraege
    Some decent players in the list of expiring contracts in 2022.
    We've been linked with Mbappe, Kessie, Kamara, Cantwell, Dembele.

If Ox is leaving, replace him with Cantwell as a depth piece in the midfield.
    Dembele would be worth a flyer as our Origi replacement/5th choice attacker.
    I'd take either Kessie or Kamara - both capable of holding or playing more box-to-box.
    Think we should be sourcing a 3rd choice goalkeeper from the homegrown pool. Forster/McCarthy from Soton are both available. Players like Scott Carson, John Ruddy, Ben Hamer could all be a fit.

23. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool have been named as one of the main suitors in the race to sign Red Bull Salzburg star Karim Adeyemi.

Liverpool have been named alongside a host of clubs to have ‘registered an interest’ in FC Dallas wonderkid Ricardo Pepi.

Joe Gomez is worried about his World Cup 2022 place and may seek a move if he is unable to break into the Reds' starting XI.

Liverpool FC and Manchester United are interested in Ajax midfielder Ryan Gravenberch.
    I wonder where he'd rather play right now...

Liverpool have been linked with a move for Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix. The Liverpool hierarchy believe he can transform his game and prove to be a long-term replacement for Roberto Firmino.

24. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I’m actually not sure of the answer. A young star like that might have watched that game yesterday and thought, I can walk right into that Man United starting lineup today. That wouldn’t be the case at Liverpool.

25. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    same with Camavinga (sp?)