Unlike John West- you pick the ones we reject- LFC Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Aug 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I agree. We have evolved our front line, and the midfield must be next on the agenda. Seems like Bellingham is the answer to that question, but I would also like to see one more come in. The fact that we went after Touchameni shows that the need has been identified by the club.

2. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #952 speker, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    Well yeah perhaps I should have stated it differently, I'd like to see him have more of an impact on the game. Liverpool standards are higher I think than many clubs and I think he still needs to develop more.. I watched him play for the England u21, he looked good . I think the kid has potential and I think to be a regular he'll need to show us more yet. Curtis is still young and I'm hoping he can progress another step up this season.
    I'm not sure exactly why but when I look at a kid like Elliott I see a higher ceiling for him.

soccershaggy and SamScouse repped this.
  3. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Jones's technical ability to dribbl, pass or shoot is very good. I don't think his decision for when to do which or picking out the right pass is always the best. Hopefully watching Thiago will help him see the right pass.
    I do love his willingness to take on players in attack.

4. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're say over 100m for Bellingham. I can't see FSG paying that much for him. Then again we paid 85m for Nunez.

5. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We can’t have paid that for Nunēz— he hasn’t played for us, yet. Ic we end up paying that much, I’ll be plumb satisfied at our collective and his individual achievements.

newterp repped this.
  6. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I've been saying all along - 64.5m - and if we end up at 80-85m we will all be very very happy.

7. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This is Jones' make or break season.
    He either makes a first team spot his or he is starting 11 PL games and looking for regular football next summer.
    He has a forward thrust that is nice to have in a midfield and he has the physicality to be a more box-to-box type player.

soccershaggy repped this.
  8. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    New thread title time:
    1. Who cares, we re-signed Salah
    2. Salah Signs
    3. How many more Portuguese speakers can we sign?

9. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha I like the first one.

10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    or ...

Hey, Jude ... don't make us sad !

oikos and Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  11. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Folks on Twitter are going nuts about Bellingham coming to Liverpool. I'll believe it when he's holding up the scarf.

imasyko repped this.
  12. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool want to hold onto Caoimhin Kelleher for at least one more season before sanctioning a move.

Bournemouth and Liverpool are locked in talks for the loan of defender Nat Philips. The centerback spent last season with the Cherries in their promotion push.

Liverpool are being linked with a surprise move for Fenerbahce wonderkid Arda Guler recently and the Turkish youngster could form a superb partnership with Darwin Nunez at Anfield for years to come.

NFFC have agreed personal terms with Liverpool’s young full-back Neco Williams.

Given Allison is approaching what are likely his final seasons in Liverpool, the planning for his succession is already underway. If, as expected, Liverpool sign Jude Bellingham in 2023, they may not be able to lay out a huge sum as a replacement for Allison in 2024 or 2025. As such, they have sent a load of goalkeepers out on loan in the hopes that they mature with the pressures of first-team football and are ready to succeed the Brazilian. Vítězslav Jaroš, Jakub Ojrzyński and Marcelo Pitaluga, the oldest of whom is 20, respectively, have now gone out on loan to Stockport County, Radomiak Radom and Macclesfield FC: a fairly motley collection, to say the least, but clubs where Liverpool have clearly calculated that their goalkeepers will be the undisputed number ones.

13. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    LOL he's 29 !! goalies last longer than any other player, into their mid/late 30's isn't the least bit unusual.

delaynomo and soccershaggy repped this.
  14. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alisson is only 29. Young for a keeper. They're going to look for a Kelleher replacement because he's too good to just be a back up. I think to get him to stay another year they gave him the cup including the final.

ewibe repped this.
  15. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yeah that makes me laugh - Alisson will play at the top level til he is 33-34 easily.

16. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

there's a touch of the Heskeys about him - you never know whether he's going to kick himself or the ball when he's lining up a shot....

17. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    No. that was salah and Lovren

18. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think that's because Elliot has the ability to be a Bernardo Silva/Coutinho (equally good in the Salah role as in the Henderson/Gini role), whereas Jones is more suited to the Henderson/Gini position

Wingtips1 repped this.
  19. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The article I took it from is talking about summer 2024 or 2025.
    Alison seems relatively settled, but in 3 years the boy from Brazil could very well want to be somewhere else.

20. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Great news. I think Gomez has a much bigger role to play this season. It’s incredible that our 4th choice centerback is probably England’s best and would start for just about any other team in Europe.

21. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like we might get 16m for Neco Williams (and upto 20m)!!

WOW.

(Especially since we got Ramsey for 4.5m and he's supposed to be a much better prospect).

22. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The Academy continues its important work in developing good young talent who can then be sold on to generates revenue for the club.

Suss repped this.
  23. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ilkay Gundogan currently faces an uncertain future at Man City as he enters the final season of his contract at the Etihad with Jurgen Klopp eager to sign his former player next summer to replace James Milner.

Liverpool could now sign Real Madrid winger Marco Asensio for a cut-price as the La Liga giants want to cut ties with the player. Having previously wanted around £35m in order to sell the Spaniard, they’d now accept as little as £21m.

A £16M fee is being mooted for Liverpool fullback Neco Williams ahead of a permanent move away from Anfield with the likes of PSV, Nottingham Forest, and and Fulham eyeing the player.

24. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    the last one about Williams seems a bit out of date. his move to NF is pretty well done as far as I can see.

25. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Just read this Tweet. I think it really sums up well Julian Wards excellent business since taking charge.

Getting Núñez in, selling Mané for £15m more than Bayern wanted to pay, signing Calvin Ramsay for £4m cheaper than Aberdeen's asking price, selling Minamino for £15.5m, and now selling Neco Williams for £16m.

Wingtips1 repped this.