University of Washington Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by UWHusky, Aug 31, 2002.

1. UWHusky

UWHusky New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I am planning to be at the game. It's a three-day weekend and I have a dr's appt at home (ie, in Olympia) on Monday, but I'm trying to work it out so I can go to Friday's game.

Okay. Win or lose, if I make it to the game, I will post my thoughts.

You don't get to rub it in if UCLA wins, though because you are the favorite. :D Shoot, we're not even ranked anymore. We really miss Clare Rustad.

In recent history, we have staged an upset of a #2 team, though. Two years ago we beat SCU, in Santa Clara. Of course, 2000 was a long, long time ago.

SomebodyOrOther, you wouldn't happen to know what was lost after the 2000 season, would you? ;)

2. SomebodyOrOther

SomebodyOrOther BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 8, 2002
    Over here!
    Things that make you go hmmmm....

Hmmm...you're going to have to be less cryptic than that. I can think of lots of things that were lost after the 2000 season, (like the huskies LOST 1-0 to UCLA in 2001 ;) ) but the question is, what category of thing are you thinking about?

3. UWHusky

UWHusky New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Re: Things that make you go hmmmm....

2001 UCLA game, yeah we lost, on a friggin' own goal! :mad: (Though I hear you dominated us...lol)

I was referring to something we had in the 2000 season that we lacked in 2001.

Or perhaps I should say "who" instead of "what." Is that a big enough hint? :)

4. SomebodyOrOther

Jun 8, 2002
    Over here!
    Re: Re: Things that make you go hmmmm....

:snicker:

Ooops! Sorry. :p

Hmmmm...Could it be? :D

Weren't you guys missing Solo to NT call-ups a good chunk of that season as well?

5. UWHusky

UWHusky New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Re: Re: Re: Things that make you go hmmmm....

Yeah, sure you're sorry. Suuuure. :D

Ah excellent point. 'Tis true too, though I can't remember exactly how many games she missed.

Huh? Oh, you mean that Cardinal Wagner?

What a traitor!

:p

6. UWHusky

UWHusky New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
  7. SomebodyOrOther

Jun 8, 2002
    Over here!
    A thumping of USC like that should be a crowning achievement of anyone's year. My two favorite teams are the Bruins and anyone who's playing USC so I personally thank the Huskies for that one! :D

Bummer that you guys aren't going to the tournament. :(

8. UWHusky

UWHusky New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    You're welcome.

My favorite teams are UW (of course) and anyone who's playing Stanford. :D

There was an article on the Huskies site that sounded very optimistic that we would go. I personally don't understand the whole process of who picks and how they pick, but I'm obviously not the only one who thinks the Huskies should be there. Hearing others say we should be there at least gives me some validation, if nothing else.

I really believe that Rustad's absence did us in. The difference between the Huskies with Clare and the Huskies without Clare was painfully obvious with having witnessed the Cal game and then the Stanford game. She returned for the USC game (though I don't know what kind of impact she had).

Thanks for the condolences, soro. Best of luck to your Bruins. ;)