University Fire Fans

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Meggie, May 1, 2003.

1. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Actually I went to Cafe Iberico, but if we make the final I'm coming down there and taking the day off. Ronaldo's injury was a low-grade knee sprain, and he's doubtful for the second leg, but is sounds hardly apocolyptic. It's not like we can't do without him anyhow.

Ok:

A) You suck

2) You are the second person I know who is going to be studying in Spain this fall, so I might have to visit.

Trio) There's lots of Madrid fans everywhere but Toledo I've heard is mixed. Their local squad is usually firmly entrenched in the Segunda or Segunda B, and I've heard there are a large number of Atletico fans. I doubt you would have a lot of trouble finding Madrid fans there, though.

Delta) Real tickets are not as hard to get (for anything other than Barcelona, Atletico, or some CL games) as people make it seem, as long as you plan right. You have IM Flynn? Let me know and we can talk about it.

Cinco) As far as a travelling companion to Madrid games I seriously might be coming out there for my fall vacation, dependent on cash. Even if I don't, you should be able to find people willing to go. Like I said, contact me, and I can make sure you're prepped properly.

2. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Okay

A1) Matt, are you going to be watching the US v. Mexico game somewhere? let me know somtime

B2) Liam, check you pms, we should talk about Spain.

3. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Can everyone going to a city school shoot me an email at jmurtau@luc.edu?

Flynn, a couple people are already getting together to watch the game Thursday...I already invited Abby and I think she might be coming. All you guys should come along.

4. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    anybody gonna be at U of I during the summer? Maybe we can hook up and go to some games together to carpool up to Naperville or something.

5. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    U of I or Japan?

6. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    check your pm's

i'll be at murphy's soon

7. Pack87Man

Pack87Man BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 1, 2001
    Quad Cities
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, another Hawkeye, you filthy Illini.

8. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    nick, yajur... nice meeting you guys

nice to put faces with screen names

9. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nice to meet you guys too, you guys gonna watch the champions league match next week? Usually more people for IFC show up for that one.

10. fireluv

fireluv New Member

Dec 31, 2000
    Chicago/U of I Chamb
    shut your crap ass hawkeye piehole shut ;) :D

A question: how many of you IFC folks are on Bigsoccer? I was at murphy's for the Madrid-Juve match this past week, it was a good showing.

11. GiggsNewWzrdOfHgwrts

May 9, 2003
    Chicago
    Milan Derby

Hey, this is Dan from U of I and IFC, shoutouts to Watanabe2k and jmeissen0. U of I is as good as you are. Anyone from UIUC want to watch the MLS game Saturday or the Champions League Milan derby this coming Tuesday? I was so glad it was a 0-0 tie in the first leg, sets up this match nicely. Murph's is a bit uncomfortable to watch a game though. I was considering going in the Relaxation room at the McKinley Health Center but not sure if it exists. he he, later,
    dan

12. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Dan why are you posting in the middle of the night? Thunderstorms woke you up? :D

Anyway, I might be watching the MLS Saturday game depending what I do with my parents for Mom's day weekend.......

13. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm a freshman at U of I. I'd love to get together to watch the Madrid derby, but I've got a final during the match. Maybe next time.

14. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    question for Pack87man

Pack87Man,

What is that crest you have as your avatar? If it is what I think it is, I have a question for you.

15. Pack87Man

Pack87Man BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 1, 2001
    Quad Cities
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: question for Pack87man

It's the University of Iowa Rugby Football Club crest. Fire away with any questions.

16. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    pm's

It was exactly what I thought it was

Check your PM's Pack87Man.

17. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just want to point out that I really appreciated this post way back when.

Also I'm pretty sure we share mutual college friends. You're a ginger, right?

18. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    U of I sucks.

CMeszt and bunge repped this.
  19. Fighting Illini

Fighting Illini Member+

Feb 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Fake news

20. ArsenalGooner

ArsenalGooner Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    This is a great thread! Somehow I missed this when it was happening. I had just finished my masters at Illinois in 02 and was working for the Fire at the time in the ticket sales department. Achtung and Watanabe were two of my brother's roommates in Champaign, maybe even while this thread was going.

Anyway, Illinois is amazing, and even 17 years later, it's still where you should go over just about any other school not named Michigan, Wisconsin, or one of those snooty northeast private schools. Or Duke, or Cal Tech. But that's about it.

21. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Class of ‘82 right here. Starting keeper my freshman and sophomore years. Also went to NU, Class of ‘01.

xtomx repped this.
  22. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Loyola Class of '98.
    But went elsewhere for law school.