United's Home '04-05 Jersey

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by TCompton, Nov 11, 2003.

1. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    I'm too lazy to find the thread that had a (drawn) picture of next season's jersey, I did however notice the new adidas jersey model in the new Eurosport (Holiday 2003).

They've got pictures of the new jersey's for Spain away, France away, Germany away, and Argentina away that appear to be the same model as was posted in that thread I'm too lazy to hunt down.

The Germany away jersey may be the best comparison to the United jersey because of it's color (black as oppose to white or blue)... but it's got some more red than United's looked to have.

The discription of the Jersey is...

"The away jersey of Germany'z national team has a unique open V-neck collar with built-in mesh. Large mesh panels can also be found at the sides, underarms, back and sleeves. Three stripse run along the shoulders."

The V-neck collar looks similar to our current Away jersey.

It really looks to have way too much mesh... but we'll see. I'm not all that impressed. The style doesn't look bad on the white jersey's be the dark ones may look a little strange. Plus the addition of all the mesh would push any sponser logo up around the lower chest... not that we'll have a problem with that. (national teams don't have them, so it obviously wouldn't affect them).

Overall... I'm not really impressed with the style. Looks like they'll be wearing a potato sack. If we were hoping for a red jersey, it ain't gonna be in this style. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of torn jersey's next season. They should probably issue three-a-game to Thiago and Milton who tend to attract grabbing hands.

2. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    The jerseys in the picture look pretty good.

4. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Where are the stars?

5. hattrickr20

hattrickr20 New Member

Nov 8, 2003
    Manassas, VA
    I like it (especially adding more red so we are actually the black and RED) except for one tiny detail: I prefer to have the home and road kits to be consistent, so if the patch is in the middle of the road kit, dont put on the left of the home jersey! (this is why I hated our kits in 2002; our home jersey looked nothing like our road jersey at all, and although this isn't as bad, it still annoys me)

6. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Troublemaker.

:)

7. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    :D

8. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Good call dc! It only took you 8 years.

My goodness, the black and white are actually going to cave in on their ugly, boring, and rediculous home jerseys to attempt to truly become yet another black and red. Amazing. What's next, MLS doing yet another thing that should be done pronto and return to First-to-five playoffs?

There's hope for MLS yet.

9. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    Re: Good call dc! It only took you 8 years.

What's more amazing is that a fan of the team that brought us the infamous "gay EKG" jersey is making fun of our kit.

Someone has to have a pic of it...anyone?

10. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6

Um, there's more white in there than red.

11. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Re: Re: Good call dc! It only took you 8 years.

12. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Other then the fact that your jerseys rip very easily, I love the all black. It is very sharp. For me, you guys have had by far the best jerseys in MLS from day 1.

13. Tweaked

Tweaked Member

Jan 30, 2003
    The Hill
    Those look pretty cool, although I like the DCU logo to be in the middle of jersey on top of the 3 stripes.

yeah, yeah nit picking I know. At least there's no teal ;)

14. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    The FIRST post from a Metro that makes any sense. ;)

Thanks man, we do look pretty sharp out there. Now we just need to...................

15. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Dress for the job you want, not the one you have!

16. eurojack

eurojack Member

Jun 29, 2001
    One word for the patchwork multiple mesh panels: reatrded.

Didn't we learn the hazards of Mesh already? Did you see MArtin's jersey get completely ripped off of him a few games ago. These things tear way too easily. I'm going to have to find a current black jersey so I do not have to wear this silly thing.

The stitched panels are laughable: like there are two giant pockets stitched into the front of the shirt.

17. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    What do you think a fair price would be to sell this past seasons home jersey at in good condition?

18. Hax

Hax BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 1, 2000
    I agree, I don't like the patchwork mesh. I don't care for the uniforms one bit, bring back the old ones, circa the Glory Days! The white one is lame too! And find a sponsor, dang it!

19. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone else see the move of the badge of the lines as a sign that we might be getting :gasp: a front uniform sponsor?

20. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    Nah, we had the badge on the left side in '96, too. We also had red in the collar back then.

Also, it's not a very good image, but:
    [​IMG]

21. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Like Ed said, we've had the badge in that location before. It's over the heart.

22. Darth_Norteno

Darth_Norteno New Member

This from a supporter of a club with the friggin' pride colors in their original kits? And who now wear newborn baby blue? It's a little something called "understatement" and "class"...obviously foreign concepts to the club who rival the Rapids for ugliest kit in MLS history.

23. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    Re: Re: Good call dc! It only took you 8 years.

I think this is a bit unfair.

It's true the pride colors were awful, but baby blue is a nice color and the current Wizards uniforms looks pretty good. Also, the ugliest kits in MLS history have to be the Clash or Mutiny from year 1.

24. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Re: Re: Re: Good call dc! It only took you 8 years.

And no mention of Year 1 kits is complete without posting:

[​IMG]

25. basso

basso New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    dc
    redwing black bird.