United vs Everton - Match Thread

Discussion in 'Everton' started by sicurrie, Oct 4, 2014.

1. sicurrie

sicurrie Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Is it possible to employ Bob the Builder to build a wall & Donkey Kong to throw barrels in our back 4 tomorrow? Will surely be the only way our leaky defence keeps out the United attack. No Coleman, Mirallas or Pienaar and possibly no McCarthy leaves us very short of options. Team to be Howard, Hibbo, Bob the Builder, Donkey Kong, Baines, Gibson, Barry, McGeady, Atsu, Naismith, Lukaku. We are not in great form and can see United attack pissing all over us! United 3 Everton 1

2. sicurrie

sicurrie Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Different ground, same tedious, diabolical, pathetic display. Apparently a10 min display when United sat back and we finally woke up was enough to convince Martinez this was a good display, it simply wasn't. We absolutely awful again & fans of Martinez will be rejoicing as we are now officially his club, we are scraping round the bottom 4 as is the norm for his teams. I really don't know what we do on training ground during the week, its obviously not spent learning how to defend. Besic failed to spot a run from Di Maria then failed to put a challenge in allowing him a clear shot just inside the box for the 1st then Capt Average decides to leave a 50m striker clean in the box, even if he got the ball a tad lucky. Late save from De Gea should not hide the fact we were nowhere near good enough or trouble a dodgy United defense as often as should. Why McNair got such a easy ride off Lukaku all afternoon astounds me. A draw would have been totally unjustified though.
    Some final musings. Would love Martinez to tell me the logic of tiring out your only real alternative striker? On the same subject, how can 33yr old Hibbo play twice in 2.5 days yet 33yr old Eto'o can't even play a min. It was this manager who was touted as 'attacking' wasn't it? A kid with no experience coming on at full back when we need a goal was going to improve our attacking threat how exactly? Did we leave Atsu in Russia, not particularly bothered as he is shit but would be nice to know. Just when is Coleman going to visit the Wizard of Oz to get a brain to enable him to play again? Does Kone actually exist? How many ladders did we walk under to get this many injuries?