PBP: United States @ Wales; 11/12; 2:45pm EST

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AutoPenalti, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    5-3-2 that morphs into 3-4-3, if Musah is for real then he's the best US prospect I've ever seen at 17 (apologies Edu, no idea what you did to your career but you were better at 19 than 26) at what he does which is stabilize the midfield, make space, win balls, and send in attacking passes. He's the real 6.

McKspuds today created a position I've never seen before, the False 8. What a disaster that guy is.

---------------Sargent----CP----------
    ----Morris------Musah------Adams-------
    Lima----Brooks----Miazga----Smart CB----Dest

2. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have a link for a replay of the match?

mace repped this.
  3. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Dest. I will give a pass this game because he's been thrown a lot of flowers lately and is probably not even spoken too in that Barcelona locker room. But Mckspuds plays no position, finds a way to miss touch, miss pass, misshit, miss defend, miss run for 90minutes. Musah was the star tonight. What a player! Smart, composed, excellent with his feet, body and passing. If he actually stays this good, then he's the best I've ever seen at this position for the US in 2 years.

CU soccer repped this.
  4. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do know how to ham it up

TarHeels17 repped this.
  5. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You left out Gio.

6. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    Still think morris is intl caliber .ooo boy

7. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    You don't send a US 17 year old showboat midfielder to Honduras and start him and expect him to survive let alone thrive.

At this point, gio, mck, weah, Konrad, etc are change of pace subs. Musah if he stays and progresses well with club is my starting central defensive midfielder. Adams can be surgical with his positioning and ball winning but he's got a serious change of pace I'd like to see used offensively.

8. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Morris looks as if he needs to lose 15lbs or he's going to blown out his knees but he is a smart fast well coached player. I'm as beffudled as anyone he chose not to go to Europe but he's a very good player for any team we can field.

9. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5 defenders and 2 dmids?

guyz.....what are you smoking?

0-0 matches suck. thats the best you could hope for with lineups like these....

do you actually want to watch that team play^???????

SCSAutism repped this.
  10. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanna make sure that someone responds here - most of this is complete nonsense.

sitruc, SCSAutism, deejay and 9 others repped this.
  11. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    They have to say something, you know.

12. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Something about rolling in the mud with pigs applies here.

13. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    I agree. And what kind stupid nickname is McKSpuds? Are you 6 years old. To call McKinney a disaster is completely clueless.

14. dlokteff

dlokteff Member+

Jan 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    At least it's spelled right :whistling:

15. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    ah, you'll see man. Ol' Hamwich makes an incredible living from watching cattle run off a cliff, occasionally, he tells the cattle - hey, you're running off the cliff and they are like you, they always yell back, we're not cattle, we're human beings!

Keep on runnin' baby.

I feel for Beerholder. He's got so much pressure because he has Mck, on the bench, sub at Juve, Adams, on the bench at RB leipzig, Steffen on the bench at mancity, Dest, on/off starter with barcelona, Gio, starter but 17...you have all the names, but you don't have much actual starting material there. The Musah kid is for real. Baller.

CU soccer repped this.
  16. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Was the team promising? Just saw the highlights and some look good, but from the comments sounds like it wasn't that good. Obviously zero scoring makes it boring as well. Had high hopes for the men's side since 2015.

17. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's on FS2 coming up.

18. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were playing a team with a stacked defense in rain and a 25 mph wind.

McKennie, Dest and Brooks were outstanding.

Musah and Adams were good.

Steffen and Lletget were OK.

Robinson, Miazga and de la Fuente were poor.

Reyna was OK but kept chasing the ball and running into cul de sac instead of staying wide, as per his gaffer's instructions.

Overall the US dominated possession and showed a lot of individual skills, very unlike the US teams we've seen in the past 15 years.

They just didn't gel up front but considering there was no central striker and a lot of the inexperience it was a very promising glimpse into what the US could be delivering for years to come.

I think if the front 3 had been Pulisic, a number 9 and Reyna, they would have creamed Wales.

Berks, zlatan_but_a_car, deejay and 4 others repped this.
  19. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Agreed. I think that with Pulisic alone they would have generated a few more chances and likely scored. Definitely need a striker who can finish crosses.

20. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any online links for replays for us luddites without cable?

21. manfromgallifrey91

Swansea City
    United States
    Jul 24, 2015
    Wyoming, USA
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't a great setup to show off with the weather and a defensive Wales team minus Bale, but can't really complain.

Konrad was poor, but I've just never been a huge fan of his game, so that may just be my preference for that position. Thought Lletget was put in a bad spot and then looked poor, more blame on the coaches for putting him there. Wingers were ineffective.

Musah is a real game changer for the midfield if his trajectory holds. But he is 17 so it can go either way, plus who knows if he wants to play for the US. Interesting debut though. McKinnie needs to be more disciplined positionally and make better decisions. Against teams that would press and counter, he would have caused some issues for everyone else. Overall midfield looked good and balanced though.

Gio had no one to really combo with or run off since we had no striker. Excited to see how his career plays out. Really would have benefitted from a guy like Pulisic.

Overall everyone else was meh or passable. Robinson still has issues, but looked better than in the past, but for now moving Dest to LB with whomever at RB may be the answer. Berhalter didn't really do enough to adapt as the game went on, we just kept doing the same thing and getting the same results with the same type of players in same position.

22. schumazoo

schumazoo New Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Nov 13, 2020
    more worried about Berhalter. Line-up decision can effect dual nationals. If I'm Musah I'm think wth is this guy doing. Lleget at forward? Really?

TimB4Last repped this.
  23. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was a false 9.

24. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Can we at least agree that Lletget was a false false 9?

TheHoustonHoyaFan, schrutebuck and mace repped this.
  25. schumazoo

schumazoo New Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Nov 13, 2020
    Yes thanks, was trying to point out that we didn't have a goal scorer in the line-up and chose Lleget over more natural goal scorers like Weah and Soto. Then decided to wait 80 minutes before putting in a natural forward.