United players on int'l duty - 9/7 - 9/13 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Achtung, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What? Quaresma wasn't awful. As soon as he came on he created numerous plays and looked dangerous throughout. The cross was also perfect, it did not bounce off a defender...that was Simao who had no idea what to do with an aerial ball (He should not have been in that position, Ronaldo was playing CF), who ended up heading it ever so softly....and horribly off target, in which Ronaldo cleaned up the play...luckily.

I think its safe to say you simply saw highlights and not the game.

2. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    [​IMG]

:rolleyes:

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Don't hate on his swag alright!

4. Charleysurf

Charleysurf Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You forgot the shot by your idol that almost went out for a throw :rolleyes:

It was lucky that the "perfect" cross got deflected towards Ronaldo but Ronaldos skill in scoring was far from "luck".

5. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    LOL what?!

if we had a half decent striker Quaresma would have had 2 more assists in his 25 minutes on the field

his cross for ronaldos goal fell on a platter for simao who if it was any competent striker would put in back of the net.

also considetring quaresma dribbled 3 players to make the play for that goal he deserves half the credit.

your funeral if u wanted him on chelsea, hes miles better then nani in terms of everything for example, nani is the worst winger to come out of sporting so far compared to the others in the past, and he wasnt even the best prospect at sporting.

funny how sir alex wanted Quaresma before he wanted Ronaldo..guess it means hes poor:D

6. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    it fell to ronaldo ebcause simao missed a simple header, the play he did deserved for the ball to be in the back of the net

funny how ronaldo couldnt finish a few minutes later when quaresma beat his man once more and sent in another tantalizing ball that ronaldo shamefully missed on a header.

7. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    and some of ronaldos freekicks and shots dont?

some of ronaldos useless dribbles dont?

HAHAHAHAH

Quaresma when with ronaldo on u21 was always the star of every game, not ronaldo.

And even now, the two games both have started together vs brazil and belgium, quaresma was motm and played better just like in u21.

he took a couple years to get his shape abck after getting injured at barcelona, but he only doesnt get more noticed because he plays in the portuguese league.

Marcelo Lippi on Quaresma:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug5g.html

8. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Did Anderson play for Brazil against the USA?

On another note Tim Howard dislocated his finger against Brazil and so is doubtful for the United game this satuarday therefore Iain Turner may play in goal again for Everton:D

9. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    As much as i love Quaresma, i must say i don't see how you can try and Put him above Ronaldo, thats just silly. Quaresma is often pretty dull when off the bench (maybe a confidence thing, starting against belgium he was a totally diffrent player). Sure he was better at U21 But Ronaldo's the one to Improve since then.

And Simao isnt a Striker :p (I don't think they Exist in the Portuguese NT anymore) plus he's not the tallest of the bunch, he's hardly the type you expect to score them.

10. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Holy_Joe are you watching that rather needless Australia/Argentina friendly?

Tevez should have said he was injured.

11. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronaldo is better than Quaresma. There is really no room for debate on this. Will the Quaresma prissy kittens please crawl back under their rocks.

12. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Agree with you totally:)Ronaldo>>>Quaresma

13. Charleysurf

Charleysurf Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow, you really are the funniest fanboy yet! :D
    The queer logic, the poor attempts at English, it's all there!

I guess you had high hopes for your idol when he went to Barca, but he just showed himself to be not good enough for the highest level.

Maybe you should get your username changed to that of a decent player?

14. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Enough of Quaresma..is anyone watching the Apache tommorow?

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Against who?

16. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The mighty Australia:rolleyes:

17. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

What evidence do you have to suggest that United wanted Quaresma? Ever? We've never been interested in him and he's been horrid the only chance he's had at the big times. Calling Nani the worst winger to come out of Sporting is also quite silly. Nani has an understanding of the game and a maturity to his play that Quaresma, who is more than 3 years his senior lacks.

Quaresma is many things, one of the many things he is, is flashy. For all that flash, he's virtually Ronaldo's alter-ego. Ronaldo has end product to his game. He's scored 35 goals in the English Premier League which is more than Quaresma has scored in his career for all teams. Nani actually has surpassed Quaresma in my sights for a few reasons.

1. He's Quaresma's equal when it comes to attacking ability (averaging speed, dribbling, passing, shooting, crossing, fks etc) but he's 100 times better as a defender and a team players.

2. He's made an impact in a short while at United, while Quaresma's only trial with a big team flopped spectacularly. You could say he's never thrived outside of Portugal.

Quaresma's a good player, Ronaldo is great and has been better than Quaresma for some time. Nani is growing as a player and imo is already superior to the Porto man.

18. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Did you not look at the username? That poster is a laughing stock on the Portuguese boards.

19. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Quaresma - big fish in a small pond

No disrespect to the Portuguese Liga, but it isn't Spain or England. I'm not even saying this as a response to the poster, because his comments are ludicrous. Nani has probably already looked better in his first month in England than Quaresma ever did in Spain.

20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I can understand how everyone can clasify as Quaresma as a player with "no end product", not a team player, and simply a flashy player...etc..etc. Especially when people have based their opinion mostly from his stint at Barcelona and Porto's Champion League appereances. However, stating Nani is better then Quaresma, at this point, is something I have to disagree with.

I think Nani can be better then Quaresma, very soon. But at this moment with regards to Portuguese wingers, I believe Ronaldo is first ( No one can even debate this at this point in time), Quaresma is second, and then Simao followed closely by Nani.

To sdotsom

Quaresma played in Spain a very long time ago, I believe if he re-entered the league and earned a starting spot, he would do some very noticable damage.

21. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cool, so when's Quaresma moving away to prove himself? (excluding La Liga of course)

22. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    Yet sir alex rated him higher at one point..quaresma was the star of the u21 team ahead of ronaldo

even now when both started at the same time quaresma proves himself as a more effective player.

Quaresma was always the highest rated of the two for a reason, and although ronaldo got given a head start with a proper coach insterting the proper attitude and not suffering a serious injury, Quaresma is aming up the ground he lost immensly.

Quaresma has the same talernt level as Ronaldo, and better crossing and natural dribbling ability..what he suffers from is attitude and frame of mind.

He's still young, and I think he will prove himself just as valuable to a team when he moves to a big european powerhouse next summer as c ronaldo is too united.

ps: sorry for the "fanboy" typos but i type quickly..and really who gives a shit its the internet, im not writing some uni style thesis.

23. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    Quaresma was brilliant in some games for barcelona, did u actually see him play there?

Even barca fans were sad to see him go, but quaresmas attitude was selfish, and he even dribbled in their own 18 yard box at times

Nani is the worst wingher to come out of sporting, no doubts.

24. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Owen Hargreaves is out of the England game on Wednesday and has returned to united although the reporter has said that the thigh injury has improved.

25. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You keep saying this as if it validates Quaresma in some way, yet Nani has already played well and scored for us in his first month here.

I have no doubt that you've seen Quaresma more than me - I don't see much of the Portuguese Liga. But another summer has passed without a team making a genuine move for him. And wingers are hot commodities - you'd think some Euro side would have rated him enough to make the move. And yet they haven't. That's why I'm not convinced.