United for DC Jersey auctions

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by K, Jul 7, 2005.

1. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Is there a rule change I missed somewhere?

3. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Shootout as in high scoring back and forth game. Not "take the ball from 35 yards out and dribble around a bunch of midgets yielding daggers while scoring on Zach Thornton and getting decked for retrieving the ball" shootout

4. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    They had my money but they blew the monkey by not getting Boswell to be MOTM for his gamewinner against Chicago. Sorry - jerseys of first time scorers are so much cooler for my collection. Got Eski and one or two others.

5. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    In the days of the shootout, the Barra would boo the gameday staff wheeling the clock and scoreboard towards the field (right in front of the Nest!) in the final five minutes and shower it with debris.

The year after the shootout was banned, when gameday staff would wheel an empty cart (for the signage boards) in front of the Nest, the empty cart would get booed, too.

6. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    [wipes tear from eye and starts singing 'Those Were The Days My Friend'] :D

The only good thing about the shootout....

7. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Not that I ever condone throwing things at the game (especially beer-like products in the air) but watching the shootout clock ghost by our section near the end of games while cups and empty plastic bottles bounced off it was fun... (I said ghost because there were no obvious people pushing or pulling it, they hid behind the clock to not get pelted by the reigning debris)

:)

Oh, by the by, purchase jerseys from United for DC... Yay...