@ United... because it's being played in london

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by thejuggernaut, Apr 15, 2011.

1. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always enjoy the times where United are fighting on three fronts, their fans really get behind their team in times like these. No time for their temporary supported "back-up" sides of Barca, Milan, Real, no need for the ol' Arsenal jersey from the back of their closet. Life is good!

When you've fine tuned at the art of gloryhunting like the rags are, it's times like these where it makes it all worth while... so long, of course, as they win at least one of the three. Cause, lord knows, if they don't.... they'll probably be supporting us next year

2. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    If the Metropolitan (London) Police had got its way this game would have finished by now. However ITV wanted an evening kick off to maximise audience figures.

So it's 17:15 in the UK - which is 12:15 Eastern Time I believe. Perhaps better for US/Canada viewers to have the game on later in the day. Teams are up.

Manchester United

Van Der Sar

O'Shea - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra

Park - Scholes - Carrick

Valencia - Berbatov - Nani

City lining up 4-3-2-1 apparently.

Hart

Zabaleta - Kompany - Lescott - Kolarov

Y Touré - de Jong - Barry

Silva - Balotelli - A Johnson

Subs: Taylor, Boyata, Vieira, Milner, SWP, Jo, Džeko.

3. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Terrible time for Australian viewers, it's currently 2:15 am and kickoff hasn't happened yet! Will be a late/early night for me hahahah!

Lets go and get us some revenge.

4. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Even.

First 20 was all United, from 25 onwards we really got into the game.

Berbatov should've scored, and so should Lescott.

Interested 45 still to come ..

5. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Toure gave City the lead early in the second half.

6. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You beaaaaaaauuuuttttyyyy!

7. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Zabaleta booked for fouling Park on the edge of the box.

Hart tips the resulting free kick from Nani onto the bar.

Balotelli is booked for a rash challenge around the half way line.

8. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Scholes sent off :eek:

De Jong booked. SWP replaces Johnson.

9. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Gone for a high, studs up tackle. Deserved it.

10. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes!!!!Yes!!!!Yes!!!!Yes!!!!Yes!!!!Yes!!!!Yes!!!!Yes!!!!

11. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Congrats to The Citizens! Well deserved!
    Glad to see Yaya playing well for you guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

I'm in tears. Magic!

13. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Life does not get better :D!

So happy. 4:20am in Aus now.

Quality performance from everyone, espec Kompany, De Jong, Balotelli and of course, MOM Yaya Toure! MVF signing out.

(P.S. For those who believe Balotelli never shows happiness on the pitch .. Check out his reaction to Yaya's goal. Bolted and jumped on him so fast that he literally rolled over himself)

14. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    He seemed pretty happy after the game also, Ferdinand not so pleased with him...

15. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Balotelli with his best performance in a City shirt. Fought for the team today.

16. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Guys. I was at a local United pub because I couldn't find a Citeh pub. I got harassed like there was no tomorrow. I would not have done this in Manchester because I don't want to get killed, but in Canada, things are a bit different. There were about two A-Holes who wanted to kill me. The rest of the united supporters gave me hard time but still tolerated me, some were very nice to me.

Crap, the guy who picked on me was twice my size. I left before the game was over in fear that he might come after me. I got away with it. So happy that we won. I got the last laugh.

I need to find a Citeh pub fast.

17. acleansheet

acleansheet New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a day for CITY!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! and props to you chinesefootballfan. Those united scum can enjoy their rides back! Manchester is blue!!!

18. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who's the one man team now... stupid rags!!

Yaya toure played MASSIVE with a MASSIVE interception and a MASSIVE shot for MASSIVE goal. What a MASSIVE couple of saves by MASSIVE Joe Hart. How MASSIVE was Nigel DeJong today with a couple MASSIVE tackles. The team was just MASSIVE. The win was just MASSIVE. The noise was certainly MASSIVE. The posnan was MASSIVE.

Manchester City
    Are
    So
    Skilled
    In
    Vanquishing
    Evil

Just Plain Massive!!

19. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I wish some of you could have been there with me. I couldn't celebrate Yaya Toure's goal. If I did, I would have been killed. Fine, not killed, but probably beer poured on me or crap thrown at me.

Fantastic experience nevertheless. We needed this one. This strikes right into rags hearts because they now must accept the fact that things are changing. Let's win this cup so no one can ever mock us for not having a trophy in 35 years.

20. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would've been the best tasting beer you've ever worn!:)

21. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    never going to another united pub ever again though. I was naive, thinking that I can just watch the game and mind my business. On the contrary, a few of the rags fans, the extreme ones of course, took offense that I walked into a united pub as a Citeh supporter. Didn't mean to offend them though, was just being naive. Now to think of it, I'm glad I did. I did get the last laugh ha ha ha. sigh........ why do some fans have to be such A-Holes.

22. 'appy Addick

'appy Addick New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Portsmouth
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Because they're rags.

Disgusted with the behaviour of Rio Ferdinand at the final whistle. But that doesn't spoil a great day. I watched it on TV in my local and as I live in Portsmouth there was no hassle. There were some nerds wearing United shirts but the weren't going to kick up because Pompey boys can look after themselves. If you start, you can pick the window of your choice to leave through.

Seriously though, it was a really good cup tie. Full of tension. Not a sparkling match but it didn't need to be. I thought the referee controlled the game well, and allowed some pretty meaty tackles to pass when the ball was won... he kept the game flowing as well as possible. Top marks, Mr Official. I doubt he'll get the same from SAF, cos it's all a conspiracy, don't ya know.

Kompany had a great game, Joe Hart was solid and make a key save from Berbatov which kept City in the game when United were on top. Yaya worked like a trojan, Barry did well in front of the defence and Mario Balotelli had a very good first half.

I think City deserved it. They were the better team on the day and if the celebrations at the end of the game would have been more suited to when they've actually won the bloody thing, rather than a semi final, hell, they'd just beaten United at Wembley, so that makes it alright then.

Congratulations lads. It was a great day. Really pleased for you. Best of luck for the remainder of the season and the final..... make sure you get that third place... or at worst, fourth. Then focus on the cup final.

Singing: "Where's your treble gone, where's your treble gone... far, far awayyyyyyyyyyyyy"

I couldn't resist that.

23. acleansheet

acleansheet New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, rio was classless. Crying won't change the result though! I really think that this win will give us the momentum to finish in a Champions league spot.

Love the chant mate!

24. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he can drown his tears with a couple of these

[​IMG]

25. zhuangzi