Under Armour

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by metros11, Sep 6, 2013.

1. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    ooh change in insole.

2. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Anyone see these speedforms and Clutchfit? Kinda like Puma with their 2 different color shoes

uas.PNG

uac.PNG

3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    it's maryland's flag. i'd imagine a fair few terps will be wearing them on the field sunday. barf.

newone88 repped this.
  4. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #154 Dr. Boots, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    Ahhh, my home state flag. I have seen this CF in person, but not the Speedform. The upper on the CF is much more plastic feeling than the standard model. One store near me is selling the CF, but to my knowledge they have fallen flat in sales.

They may have some life with high school lax bros though if UA doesn't drop a similar high top lax/football specific pair. The lax bros here are a special breed of MD flag lovers and will wear anything that reps the state flag, especially if it totally clashes with their school uniform.

newone88 repped this.
  5. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Under Armour SpeedForm black/graphite/high-vis yellow

[​IMG]

More images HERE

cadmonkey12 repped this.
  6. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Guys, I'd like to give this UA SF a try, but I play exclusively on 3G AG. I can't find any UA with AG studs. Does anyone have experience with using their FG on artificial?

7. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    yea i have 2 pairs that i use on field turf and they are just fine. i was wearing superflies in AG and actually get better traction in these than i did on those.

if you dont mind the loud colors look up the sports authority deal that was linked above. somehow they are still for sale at an obscenely low price (obviously a mistake by SA)

8. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Great deal, unfortunatelly my size (10) is not available.

9. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    oh and you may want to go try them on in person. sizing them can be quite tricky

10. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    I went up half a size and they fit perfectly. Though I was disappointed that the sole plate never really softened up for me, got consistent pain from it. Maybe I just need to put in more time in them.

11. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    saw this on twitter earlier today. UA custom boots for USMNT players Tony Tchani and Tim Parker

uaus.JPG

12. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    serginhobertholi repped this.
  13. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Haven't seen any of that yet. Was your favourite designer Antonio Zea there?

14. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah he was...we shared a head nod and hello, lol. I was actually planning to speak with him regarding the UA products and I was going to be very up-front with him about my criticisms of some of the projects he worked on at adidas, but he was stuck in a interview that wouldn't end. I was standing there listening in and it was just dragging on. I had to go after a while to catch some coaching sessions and couldn't get back to him in time.

I really wanted to see if the problems that happened with adidas were him, adidas or some volumetric mix of the two. Honestly, I was hoping my opinion of his work at adidas would change with meeting him and hearing that adidas lost the plot, not that he was more of less the Vince Russo (mid 90's wrestling reference) of the boot world.

Regardless, I got some contact info for some of the higher ups at UA with their soccer line and plan to keep in touch. Being that I am in Bmore and so are they I am sure that I will catch up with AZ at some point.

Footballer-7 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  15. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Will UA finish the SpeedForms? It's not on that image....

16. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Honestly it might be more the adidas guys at Herzo rather than him. He did a lot of the development on the X and Ace though........

17. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The "Spotlight" is the "Speedform 2" as UA views it...the evolution of the line. It will feature the Speedform insole concept, with extra grip pads (TruSox killer). The latter aspect is funny to me because Kevin Plank's (UA founder) brother had a falling out with Kevin and has since helped TruSox with their funding and development. It is a nice little slap in the face and adds some flavor to a Baltimore aka Smalltimore battle.

I think we are going to have to wait and see a bit as the 2017 and 2018 stuff was already in the works before he was free from his Non-Compete. I really hope it was adidas and not him for the sake of the brand's future. The 2018 Speedform/Spotlight has a statement model that will be $300+ and if they don't iron out some of the design stuff I saw, it will be a Tunit level failure and destroy the credibility of the non-gimmicky $220 model. For what is worth, the synthetic upper on the statement model is the best synthetic I have ever touched...I hope they keep that on the $220 model.

18. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Siblings and athletic companies just don't mix. I really want to try the clutchfit force 2. It's one of the boots on my radar. Heard the upper is awesome

Dr. Boots repped this.
  19. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I liked it a lot..the fit was very good. They raised the toe box from the CF just enough that it doesn't pinch if you're someone that has to compromise between sizes because you're more of a 1/4 length vs. 1/2.

20. The Footy Collector

May 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Those look very interesting, what's the sizing like on those?

21. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would say it was comparable to the ACE 15.1 FG/AG in synthetic both in length and width with the ACE just edging it in overall fit conformity to my foot. To be fair though, the ACE 15.1 is probably my favorite fitting synthetic boots since the AZT I and II circa 2000-2004.

22. RavT

RavT New Member

Dec 16, 2015

Attached Files:

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Aston Villa have just released their new kit for next season - made by Under Armour. I'm sure more of a deal would have been made about it if they were still in the Premier League.

appleCORR

24. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah I agree. Southampton changed to UA as well.